IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Announces Safety Recall on Select Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 10:51 AM
truoutkast
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 600rr05
One thing that is weird now is that everytime i start my car the next day my stero settings are always changing like its not saving it when i adjust it anyone know why ??
Take it back to Lexus. Tell them what happened after you got your car back after the recalls.

And yes, I got a full tank of gas and a free car wash too. Too bad they washed it on a raining day. DARN IT.
Old 02-06-09, 05:33 PM
albertkey
Driver School Candidate

Default Followup- 2 Week Post Recall Fixes

Everything is running fine! Looks like the did a great job for all 3 recalls! The cam gear rattle also is doing well! Been very happy with the Longo techs/advisors all is good. I was a bit worried when i had all these fixes made on the car, but everything has been solid so far!

Drive safe!
Old 02-06-09, 10:56 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who had an aftermarket intake (like a JoeZ intake)...did you take it off and put the OEM intake back on or did you leave it? If I'm not mistaken, someone in this thread said that they have to get underneath the intake/airbox so they need to take it off? Thanks
Old 02-08-09, 07:11 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

Had my 5000 mile oil change done last week + brake pad tsb. No other TSBs performed.
Loaner was $10 for gas.
Old 02-08-09, 05:05 PM
DoTheDrew
Lexus Test Driver

i dropped off my lexus at tustin lexus in southern california. i highly recommend Iman. he is very helpful and noted everything that i said with no hassle. now im driving an es right now and im surprised how quiet it is, with no rattles at all especially compared to all my rattles in the IS, tick tick noise, and retarded clutch. sigh, maybe i shouldve just settled for an automatic.
Old 02-08-09, 05:42 PM
LexyIS350
Driver

Did anyone here got their recall done at Lexus of Pleasanton? I'm taking it in on the 16th for all three.
Old 02-08-09, 05:51 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LexyIS350
Did anyone here got their recall done at Lexus of Pleasanton? I'm taking it in on the 16th for all three.
Not yet... But let me know how it turns out. I should be taking mine to Lexus of Pleasanton next month. I've always received great service from them.
Old 02-09-09, 08:37 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
What's the verdict? Any difference in feel?
Verdict is that the steering is better. No noticeable difference in the engine, but there's a sense of security knowing that something that they knew to fail was replaced with a better part.

Another verdict is that they didn't put my car back together quite right. Thankfully it was only trim and the car is now back at the dealership getting fixed. Oh yeah.. I got the wash and the free tank of gas too. Usually they don't give the gas, but it's a nice surprise.

I got mine done at Lexus Stevens Creek (NorCal). The loaner car I requested was the 2009 IS250. It's not as good as my 2006... somehow, my car just feels more solid. Even my fiancée said that my car seemed smoother over the bumps. Also, the automatic doesn't compare to manual. It's got surprisingly good acceleration (I've never driven an IS350, thankfully, so I don't have a super fast car to compare it to), but I remembered why I hate automatics - the lag when you "manually" shift is just agonizing.

Last edited by mikeho; 02-09-09 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-10-09, 08:51 AM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

i'm gettig my recall done as we speak. did any of you get charged for loaners? on my slip it says $40 a day for the loaner. I've never been charged for a loaner before. If the recall takes longer than a day i'm taking it back tomorrow.
Old 02-10-09, 10:00 AM
DoTheDrew
Lexus Test Driver

nope i paid nothing for my loaner, and he told me i dont have to fill the tank up. it varies from dealer to dealer though
Old 02-18-09, 06:08 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

After a whole day I got my car back for the 3 recalls, paper even said something about refuel gas. Called before and made appointment next day, then rescheduled next day after. Thumbs up Lexus of Towson.

Went in with an empty, 0 mile, tank. They filled up it up to Full. They "test" drove it for 3 miles, eventhough the gas station is only .25 mile away. Car Wash, but it was raining.

'09 IS250 Loaner with only 1500 miles! Only paid to filled up gas to where it was.

Steering a bit stiffer but for the better. Brakes are tighter. Great.
Old 02-19-09, 06:17 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheDrew
now im driving an es right now and im surprised how quiet it is, with no rattles at all especially compared to all my rattles in the IS, tick tick noise, and retarded clutch. sigh, maybe i shouldve just settled for an automatic.
Yeah, I'm driving an ES loaner at the moment, too. 5k miles on the odo, and its surely more silent than the IS, but I miss the feel of my car. I can definitely see they targeted two different types of consumer, between the two cars.

This is day two of the fix(es), as they were backed up, so hopefully all comes out well.

As to someone being charged for the loaner? That has to depend on the dealer. Like others, I've never been charged.
Old 02-19-09, 12:30 PM
LexyIS350
Driver

I brought mine in to Lexus of Pleasanton on Monday for all three service bulletins and they still working on it. They were backed up too so it wasn't started till late Tuesday I bet. Also I had them check on the gear like noise coming from the telescopic steering column. They had to order a whole new gauge cluster for that??? Oh well I guess I'll be driving the loaner for a bit longer...
Old 02-19-09, 03:40 PM
Foodplz
Driver

I had the recall done about 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to notice that my car makes a "clunk" noise during acceleration. usually between 30-40 mph. the second i let go of the gas... "clunk".

I took everything out of my trunk... including my spare. Still makes the noise.

Anybody else have notice this problem after the 3 recalls? Its the oddest noise.

Thanks.
Old 02-19-09, 03:45 PM
cleethree
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

did mine last week.

Quick Reply: Lexus Announces Safety Recall on Select Vehicles