IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nav Hack Question...for those who it worked

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-09, 09:19 PM
Enginerd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Hack Question...for those who it worked

Two days ago I installed the Vais MultiMediaLinQ which works great! But I was somewhat surprised to find that one could not view folders or files while in motion...guess I should have done some more research. So this morning I read the 47 page Nav hack DIY twice, and performed the procedure. At first it seemed that everything was fine, and I could access the folders and files while in motion, not access the destination input just like it's supposed to be, and on regular streets the nav worked fine. Then I went on the highway and at higher speeds it seemed that the nav got lost on off ramps and highway interchanges. It did correct itself after a while but still not cool. So then I got scared and put everything back to stock, however the problem persists. I tried to calibrate my location, and reset location in the Nav override menu, fixed the reset date and time and nav sone to US2 for so cal. Is this a result of the Vais unit? I figured everything would be fixed when I soldered the white and silver wire and the pink wire together. The solder joints are good! like I said, the nav and voice guidance works fine, but on high speed highway interchanges it does not track right. If Im heading north and take a east highway the nav still tracks me north and then about 20 seconds later jumps to the correct direction and highway. I will try to dissconect the vais tomorrow and see. I did a great job on the nav hack and when I returned it to stock no one could tell unless the peeled back the wire tape and cover for a inch or so. If I don't have any lucjkI could take it in, but would rather not....any ideas?
Old 01-05-09, 07:05 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

Sounds like you didn't reconnect the antenna properly.
Old 01-05-09, 08:26 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

since you have the 06 cant you just override through the service menu? do the top left bottom left trick and it puts you into that service menu? I didnt think you needed to do this on the 06.

for the navi being jumpy did you install a switch? and make sure you have the correct wires. I mistook a wire the first time I did it in a dark garage and this was the same issue I had. Once I corrected and had the switch in I had no issues.

What happens if you take the Vais MultiMediaLinQ out? Is the navi still jumpy?
Old 01-05-09, 11:50 AM
Enginerd
Driver

The NAV is not jumpy, it is correct 90% of the time, just high speed freeway offramp or clover leafs it gets lost on, then corrects itself. I do have the GPS symbol displayed. I did not do the switch method, just connected wire loom side of pink wire to wire loom side of white with silver. But the problem continues after returning wires to original configuration. I signed up for the techinfo.toyota.com site, and am going to download and follow some of the FSM troubleshooting items. I have a feeling this is related to speed sensor or gyro, i might have some codes I could clear and see what happens.