IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Impression of IS250 vs. my Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-08, 07:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

your vette looks good...you must have a good parking lot at work. I have a few dings and scratches on the GS already from my work parking lot. I hate not having a good place to park anymore.

here is a pic I have left of the NSX...It was a total loss only had it for 2 years and it sat in the garage. so sad I didnt drive it more with what happened. Was not a very quick car IMO but the Comptech exhaust, headders, and test pipes really opened the car up. I just enjoyed some nice roads by me. I got this when I had a motorcycle and ended up taking the car out rather then the bike. My wife hates this car and thinks its ugly?!?!? I need to find something.

by the way:

Having owned both the IS and the TL keep your TL IMO and you have a nice car to have fun with. The IS has some rattle issues similar to the TL over time, at least mine did anyway.
Old 12-31-08, 07:30 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
your vette looks good...you must have a good parking lot at work. I have a few dings and scratches on the GS already from my work parking lot. I hate not having a good place to park anymore.

here is a pic I have left of the NSX...It was a total loss only had it for 2 years and it sat in the garage. so sad I didnt drive it more with what happened. Was not a very quick car IMO but the Comptech exhaust, headders, and test pipes really opened the car up. I just enjoyed some nice roads by me. I got this when I had a motorcycle and ended up taking the car out rather then the bike. My wife hates this car and thinks its ugly?!?!? I need to find something.
Hey thanks. I drive the vette as much as I could. Last year I logged in about 10k trouble free miles. A lot of guys with Vettes tends to keep them in the garage too. I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could. And yes, I have reserved parking at work.

I love your NSX, after more than 15 years since it was first made, it still looks good to me. And just so you know, my last GF loves the NSX. That's the only car that gets her attention. She said it's her dream car (she was 25 at the time). She thinks my vette is too loud.
Old 12-31-08, 07:46 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell the TL and Vette and by an IS-F (just a thought -lol).
Old 12-31-08, 11:49 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

if you can afford it....get the IS-F....
Old 01-01-09, 01:01 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Mike...nice NSX!!! here is mine next to Mrs.jns350 suv ...I didn't know you had one also..seems we had same good taste in cars....Hey Mso4..sorry if I moved this topic off your original post..wont make this an NSX thread...btw Vettes are wicked..too much temptation for me to speed..I would have no will power...
Attached Thumbnails Impression of IS250 vs. my Acura TL-pict0021.jpg  
Old 01-01-09, 02:01 AM
iLL TL
Driver

Hello from acurazine!

I own a TL myself and I see that you own a TL with A-spec?? That actually gives your TL a more sportier suspension, which is a bit stiffer from stock.

But anywho... I drove a IS250 myself. My friend had bought it a month or so and omg, that car was sailed through the road SMOOTH like butter compared to the TL. But then again, my car has the TEIN-SS Coilovers with 19's(235/35/19 tires) so that doesn't help much. I forgot how the stock TL feels. However, frmo what I know, the 07-08 TL has a even softer suspension than our 04-06's. In all honesty, I felt as if the TL is a much roomier car. I'm 5'6" and 140 and i felt the IS250 feeling really snug and cramped compared to the TL. But if i could, I would get the IS350 instead of the TL.. I used to be a IS300 owner myself and i gotta admit, I miss Lexus... good luck on your decision bro.
Old 01-01-09, 02:58 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jns350
hey Mike...nice NSX!!! here is mine next to Mrs.jns350 suv ...I didn't know you had one also..seems we had same good taste in cars....Hey Mso4..sorry if I moved this topic off your original post..wont make this an NSX thread...btw Vettes are wicked..too much temptation for me to speed..I would have no will power...
Wow, I didn't know IS drivers have such good taste in cars! And yes, the one thing the Vette has over the NSX is power. Lots of it.
Old 01-01-09, 03:07 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iLL TL
Hello from acurazine!

I own a TL myself and I see that you own a TL with A-spec?? That actually gives your TL a more sportier suspension, which is a bit stiffer from stock.

But anywho... I drove a IS250 myself. My friend had bought it a month or so and omg, that car was sailed through the road SMOOTH like butter compared to the TL. But then again, my car has the TEIN-SS Coilovers with 19's(235/35/19 tires) so that doesn't help much. I forgot how the stock TL feels.
I only have the A-spec body kit, not the suspension parts. I did hear that the '07 and '08 base TL have a softer suspension than the previous years.

As for the IS, I test drove the IS250 only because that's my buddy's car. I know the 350 is an entirely different animal. And if I get the IS, I definitely get the IS350.
Old 01-01-09, 03:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
Wow, I didn't know IS drivers have such good taste in cars! And yes, the one thing the Vette has over the NSX is power. Lots of it.
that it does and you can do a lot more to your vette then we could to the NSX!!!!!

jns350 I had this car new ~ 9 years ago and totaled it Had new tires put on the car since they go so quickly and the right rear tire seal wasnt good and blew or defective tire while I was moving pretty good on the xpressway at 2am with a passenger I didnt know so well Any how it was pouring rain so hard and I had the windows blacked out so much that at night time it was pretty hard to see out Lost the car and played with the clutch and thought I had the car after panicking that I was going to hit something and looked over at her and said F... that was close then we bounced off the dividing wall and then I spun off it 5 more times before we slid off the expressway! Thank GOD neither of us where hurt. Worst part was the State Trooper treated me like some spoiled kid and it was my car, in my name, paid for by me. When he pulled up the info and talked to me after giving me a sobriety test he wanted to be my friend. Then he took off, no ticket, and left us both in the rain waiting for the tow truck. Worst part was we had this girls father come pick us up at ~ 4am to take me back to my house to get my TLS at the time to go to the body shop where my car was dropped off. UGH!!! and all he could do was complain he had to pay a .40$ toll when his daughter was almost killed in a car Then he started in with the "wow thats a nice car you drive" I thought my life just came to an end but she was really cool and never asked for anything from me I went and got a GSXR1000 Suzuki right after to have a toy again and sold it shortly after as there was just no place to ride anymore where I was living at the time. Now I miss having a toy to play with. Every time my buddy gets one at his dealer he shows me where the work has been done on them and of course they killed production on the car. okay enough of my long winded story

Time to MOD that Vette, 600+ HP all day long
Old 01-01-09, 05:32 PM
cvex
Driver

I used to own a 2007 TL-Type S before my 250. The IS is a solid build car. Everything seems tight as to the TL has a lot of rattles and suspension noises that dealers unable to resolve. But I enjoy that TL very much because of the power and the tank-like suspension handling. I love the Acura Navigaition system, hands down the best and user friendly(no need to hack for entering address while moving). These 2 cars are at the same price range. But if I can go back , I would keep the Type-S. Oh and the TL engine is much quieter, but hey cant blame the new direct injector on the ISx50 for efficiency. I get better MPG on the TL than the IS and the TL has more hp(i dont understand)
I notice that the OP has the regular TL so I cant relate much.
Although,I still love my IS at the end of the day
Old 01-02-09, 10:10 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to own a 04 TL, i first bought it when it first came out and it was the longest car that i've owned... I loved it, very roomy and it handle pretty well, no complains... I put about 75k miles on it, and no major problems at all. The day when I put everything back to stock to trade in for the IS350 I forgot how soft the suspension was and how great it felt stock. IMO you can't compare a IS250 to a TL, I think the TL will win hands down even though the IS is much nicer looking, but the TL is a lot roomier the engine is quieter and I think it's has a softer suspension.... If you're going to give up a TL it should be for a IS350 or a IS-F
Old 01-02-09, 12:02 PM
iLL TL
Driver

^^ sup dat!! I'm the guy with the same set up as your TL, lol. white on bronze te-37's..

<~IllustriousUA6. =) lovin your IS350 tho.
Old 01-02-09, 12:51 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Sup man, i'm a big fan of your TL it's way hot... especially when you did white on pink TE37 to support breast cancer awareness
Old 01-02-09, 04:13 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
that it does and you can do a lot more to your vette then we could to the NSX!!!!!

jns350 I had this car new ~ 9 years ago and totaled it

Time to MOD that Vette, 600+ HP all day long
Last month I was playing with the idea of putting in a supercharger for the Z06. For about $6500, I can get around 525hp at the WHEEL! And that's with a conservative tune for daily driving. But then I thought, that's too much power for me.

And what a cool story about you and your NSX by the way. I heard about those tires wearing out every 3k miles. Wow.

Originally Posted by datplayaz
If you're going to give up a TL it should be for a IS350 or a IS-F
Definitely, if I get the IS, it will have to be a 350. So right now I'm thinking maybe I should get the BMW 335i. But man I hate knowing all the BMW service managers by their first names!
Old 01-08-09, 10:51 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mso4
Definitely, if I get the IS, it will have to be a 350. So right now I'm thinking maybe I should get the BMW 335i. But man I hate knowing all the BMW service managers by their first names!
Well, I did it. Just got myself a '07 BMW 335i Sedan w/24k miles on it. It's CPO so I'm covered until 100k miles. It's the only way to go if you're getting a BMW.

Didn't think I go back to BMW but after the test drive. Wow!!! I realized what I've been missing for the past three years. So for now, the Lexus will have to wait a couple more years.

Quick Reply: Impression of IS250 vs. my Acura TL