Search this Thread

Old 12-11-08, 03:08 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Bad stories happened to your IS

I suck at English but here it goes.

Story #1

Like 4-5 months (summer) after purchasing the car, I parked my car next to a friend's car, and went out with him with his car to Abu Dhabi (different city). So we returned after 5-6 hours, and realized my car is switched on, the key was inside, and the AC was off!!! it was like a Sauna inside, I switched it off and let it cool down for 30 minutes. I switched it on, the ODO meter went from bluish purple to violet! the DVD changer doesn't work, it gives me an error. I drove slowly for 20 minutes and everything went back to normal.

Story #2
I missed the turn to college, so I went from the next turn (from the laziness), it was a new neighborhood, nothing but a desert, like 2 under construction houses and sand. I thought a little driving will let me reach to college. it was hard type of sand so i drove, til I reached the soft part, and got stuck in like a quicksand! and RWD cars are the worst for sand. it was so HOT! I called some of my friends/family, nobody answers! just like in the movies. I called the police, long story short: they reached me after 2 hours, my lips were dry and *****, and they took me out with a rope they found on sand lol. From the exhaustion, forgot to take a pic

Please share
Old 12-11-08, 03:51 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was making a turn when a truck clipped me and took out my right headlight

then the body shop that I took it to, scratched 2 of my volks (very slight but still, they were in mint condition before then)

that's about it . . .
Old 12-11-08, 08:12 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's mine:

Although I usually clean my own car, once I took it to a shop for a full detail since it was winter and too cold to do on my driveway.

Long story short, the detailer used a harsh chemical on my Volks that stripped all the anodization ("the shine") off of the wheels. I was able to get a wheel shop to reapply a chrome-like paint and clearcoat, but its just not the same.
Old 12-11-08, 08:16 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

ermms.. let see... getting into my tight small garage.. n i swiped my front right side of my bumper...

oh oh.. i think it was summer this year... when i was still in CA.. when i just came back from my holiday from Indonesia.... i was not used to the left hand drive... i pretty much hit the curb when turning on to a road... nothing damaged though.. but yah
Old 12-11-08, 10:46 AM
plusone
Pole Position

so this just happend to me two days ago.. i was on the feeder and i was being blocked by a slow driver so i decided to change lanes and then out of no where this truck was running over a big tree branch.. then tree branch shot out of his back tire which caused me to run over it too.. destroyed my front bumper , side skirt, and bent my rim. then 5 seconds later i ran over my foglight..

so moral of the story- slam your car so next time you won't be able to run over it. just slap the tree branch out of your way. I'm ordering megan coilovers so i can get that 4in drop and never having to go through this again.
Old 12-11-08, 11:15 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Story 1

4 months after I got my 2IS300. I was going out of my house new house. after I moved some stuff from the old house to the new one. I opened the gate and made sure the gate holders were holding the ground tight... and no way the gate would close... I drive forward and when the passenger seat faced the gate a strong wind blow out of no where and one of the gate doors moved till it slammed my car passenger door and that was a big damage...

Story 2

I went for shopping in the hyper market. After I finished shopping I was happy going back to my car. I found a small damage from the car next to me on the passenger door after i fixed the gate damage Left it as its cause it's not really noticeable.

Story 3

I park my car under the hot sun and the temperature could reach in here about 50c. I tried even getting a shaded parking for my car but all of them were taken under people name... So on i kept parking my car under the sun for 2 months... After that my Navigation system was damaged and I was not able to use it.. I took it to the dealer to replace it, and I got it installed after 2 months...

sad stories...
Old 12-11-08, 02:27 PM
TAis250
Rookie

i was drunk as F**** and i thought my sunroof was open so burned my tan sunroof sliding thingy........ =(
Old 12-11-08, 02:38 PM
is350drive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first day i install the f-sport rims and tyres, 6 hours later i hit a pothole and damage a tire
Old 12-11-08, 02:56 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got two big nails in two days!!!! all patched up and still rolling.. knock on wood!
Old 12-11-08, 08:06 PM
KpXMystic
Lead Lap

It was 3am and it was frikkin cold so i busted up the heater.... 10 mins later after the car was all cozy my friend farted a wet one.... T_T
Old 12-11-08, 08:09 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Story 1: Someone hit my rear bumper (right reflector) and smashed it along with scuffed up paint. Never knew who did it...

Story 2: Happened today.... Someone hit me while backing up. Same corner and even more messed up. Now i have to deal with insurance etc.. Notice the sig.
Old 12-11-08, 08:21 PM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KpXMystic
It was 3am and it was frikkin cold so i busted up the heater.... 10 mins later after the car was all cozy my friend farted a wet one.... T_T
ROFL

You are not serious aren't ya?
Old 12-11-08, 08:28 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not enough time to write down all mine.
Old 12-11-08, 08:29 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by iKenn