IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Seibon fitment ?? (For those of you with the hood and/or trunk)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-08, 05:57 AM
omgswifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seibon fitment ?? (For those of you with the hood and/or trunk)

im plannin on swappin my stock hood n trunk out for the seibon oem hood n trunk and was wondering how the fitment was. any modifications required? also, do all the oem components still work? like the hood struts, and the trunk release button?

just unsure bout seibon now after my friend bought their hood that didn't fit his 5-series.

thanks for the help!
Old 11-14-08, 06:02 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the fitments looks fine to me

check Links of Bodykits
Old 11-14-08, 06:20 AM
omgswifty
Pole Position

i've alrdy checked out robs, but he didnt say whether or not modifications was required to get that fit.
Old 11-14-08, 07:05 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

more importantly, does it actually save weight?

or is it just another expensive cosmetic component that I can just ignore?
Old 11-14-08, 08:25 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

HUGEEEE weight difference... great fitment... everything went in right and i used my OEM hood struts and trunk latches/locks.... comes predrilled for the trunk clips.... trunk was a little high on the right side but i got fixed by my friend's bodyshop....

so you know my trunk literally weights less than 10 lbs... same as the hood... only thing i dont like is that if i open the trunk with my remote it tends t fly up pretty quick... but besides that its great
Old 11-14-08, 08:53 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd say the stock hood and SEIBON hood are pretty close in weight. My only gripe about the hood was that they didn't include the proper bolts to attach the hood - I had to get some washers to secure it properly.

Fitment was fine, though.
Old 11-14-08, 09:17 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
HUGEEEE weight difference... great fitment... everything went in right and i used my OEM hood struts and trunk latches/locks.... comes predrilled for the trunk clips.... trunk was a little high on the right side but i got fixed by my friend's bodyshop....

so you know my trunk literally weights less than 10 lbs... same as the hood... only thing i dont like is that if i open the trunk with my remote it tends t fly up pretty quick... but besides that its great
how much did the original trunk lid weigh?

I'm not surprised that the hoods weigh about the same since the oem is aluminum
Old 11-14-08, 09:17 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

idk about being about the same weight... i felt a HUGE difference between both and i carried each numerous times
Old 11-14-08, 10:29 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but there's no way an aluminum hood can weigh the same as a CF hood. Even if its 1lb its not the same.
Old 11-14-08, 11:08 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

its so light every1 is amazed every time they lift up my hood or trunk... i have my stock hood n trunk n sides n springs n wheels n intake n exhaust here at work LOL i can weigh both hood n trunk for you but im not taking my CF off lol
Old 11-14-08, 11:42 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well i got the seibon rear lip and it didn't fit. It's carbon fiber so it's hard to make every kit fit. I hope you have better luck than me.
Old 11-14-08, 12:22 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

you gotta shave off the corner where the wheel well meets the side part of the bumper due to the resin n clear being on those corners... besides that mine fit like a glove..... now im scared to replace my lip.... LOL my kit fit perfectly...
Old 11-14-08, 02:19 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Robs IS250

is your trunk that light now so when you press the trunk opener button from the key fob it's flying now? Can you take a video and post it? I would like to see

What I'm imagining is the trunk flies like how it does in the C-Class..
Old 11-14-08, 11:35 PM
MRTUND350
Rookie

I have the full Ings knock off from them and the hood fits beautifully, the rear bumper was ok, side skirts good fit, but the front bumper would not go on. Had to have the body shop hack it, I just turned my back and told them to make it so I would never know the difference. Called Seibon and talked with them multiple times and they insisted we did not know what we were doing. Very disappointed in their service. Oh yeah and the rear wing had to be completely sanded filled and sprayed to take out all the ripples.
Old 11-17-08, 01:10 PM
omgswifty
Pole Position

lol fully forgot i had this thread up. thanks rob for the input ! I'm unsure bout the trunk now since u say it flies up. i'm imagining a face gettin smacked hard wen it releases. how much was it to have the trunk modified by the body shop?

Quick Reply: Seibon fitment ?? (For those of you with the hood and/or trunk)