IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250MT VS CIVIC SI Sedan or(mugen)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-08, 10:01 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The problem with Mugen is that the premium price is too costly, compared to whatever mods you can do to the Civic by yourself.

If you want a bargain, get a Civic, and do your own mods...
Old 11-02-08, 10:32 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

meh, ME IS300 can have a price of the IS250 or IS350, depends on the options
Old 11-02-08, 12:15 PM
LexFather

Considering u can get a used IS 350 for the price of a Civic...no brainer
Old 11-02-08, 05:35 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

one of the funny things i find, even the honda guys think the Mugen Civic is a waste of money.
Old 11-02-08, 05:47 PM
nukis250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SI, FWD. IS, RWD. Use to have RX7, moved over to Prelude, Now back to RWD again. I missed RWD. Never want FWD again. Won't mine to have S2000, just too small. Like I said, I don't miss FWD car. Everybody buy car for thier own fit, that's why there are thousand different cars out there.
Old 11-20-08, 12:19 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Whoever thought of trying to make an IS250 fast was smart. Most people buy the 250 because they can't afford the 350. All these slow 250s buy these little exhausts, headers, intakes, etc for 100+ and 10 hp later they are still slow.

I obviously bought a lexus for one reason... power and luxury. After driving in my GS350, and then getting into an IS250 (torqueless wonder of lexus) it feels like the IS250 is equivalent to a civic ex. Even my mom's rolla has more torque then the is250!!!!
Some remark there, if you took the time to research about the aftermarket parts available for the IS250 you would know that it's no where near 10hp. More like close to the 30's, on another note people don't always buy the more expensive car because they can't afford it, my IS fully loaded as it is now costs more than an IS350 base. Did I purchase my car for speed? No I didn't I purchased it for good fuel economy, I drive a lot, I don't intend to drive like the engine and price of my car makes who I am.

For what it's worth and for the fuel economy I get on my car it's a great car for me, and if I really want speed and power I wouldn't go for a GS350, I would dive straight into an IS-F

FYI IS250's feel & are way faster than a Corolla and Civic EX, people can't get over the fact that they're faster than Civics and most Hondas out there that aren't fully modded.

P.s. I raced an EP3 Si and an RSX-S with light mods tonight, they both smelled my stock exhaust fumes
Old 11-20-08, 12:24 AM
CWu2042
Driver

i would think the civic si would be faster than the is250 cuz its lighter by quite a bit..
Old 11-20-08, 12:53 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XhyDra
Some remark there, if you took the time to research about the aftermarket parts available for the IS250 you would know that it's no where near 10hp. More like close to the 30's, on another note people don't always buy the more expensive car because they can't afford it, my IS fully loaded as it is now costs more than an IS350 base. Did I purchase my car for speed? No I didn't I purchased it for good fuel economy, I drive a lot, I don't intend to drive like the engine and price of my car makes who I am.

For what it's worth and for the fuel economy I get on my car it's a great car for me, and if I really want speed and power I wouldn't go for a GS350, I would dive straight into an IS-F

FYI IS250's feel & are way faster than a Corolla and Civic EX, people can't get over the fact that they're faster than Civics and most Hondas out there that aren't fully modded.

P.s. I raced an EP3 Si and an RSX-S with light mods tonight, they both smelled my stock exhaust fumes
is250 dust a RSX-S??? So this is what IS250 compare their cars to.. Civics, corolla, civic SI, EX, RSX..
Old 11-20-08, 01:09 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
is250 dust a RSX-S??? So this is what IS250 compare their cars to.. Civics, corolla, civic SI, EX, RSX..
While i think ek9vboi comments are full of crap i don't think that XhyDra comments are 'spot on either'... so yea, im kinda scratching my head on this one too
Old 11-20-08, 01:21 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
While i think ek9vboi comments are full of crap i don't think that XhyDra comments are 'spot on either'... so yea, im kinda scratching my head on this one too

well IMO, if you want a IS250, dont expect it to be fast. It's a all show no go car. So racing or tracking it would be useless since you won't even keep up with the lowest cars on the class.

And I believe people who mod the IS250 with bolt on are just looking for sound. (except for FI)

O yeah btw Hydra, the RSX-S are quick cars. If modded correctly they can even take a IS350. I have a few buddies that have one.

Last edited by smokyis350; 11-20-08 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-20-08, 02:04 AM
808Lexy
Rookie

well i definitely bought mines for show, good gas miles, and luxury, and plus my car is automatic, i can't drive standard. does paddle shifting count??? lol. i don't even race, i don't really care if there's cars faster than mines, at least i could drive w/ class. if i asked a friend to choose which car would they hop in w/, my bf's prelude or my LEXUS...nuff said.
Old 11-20-08, 06:10 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smokyis350

O yeah btw Hydra, the RSX-S are quick cars. If modded correctly they can even take a IS350. I have a few buddies that have one.
No not at all, I threw that in there for some added sarcasm to the post I was quoting, definitely not the class that I compare my IS250 to, different class all together. In lamest terms somewhat defending my gas efficient machine

RSX-S respond real well to mods, also Si's, I've seen what they can do.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Sorry guys didn't mean to make it sound like I was comparing the Lexus IS250 to the other class of cars, but the comments that were made comparing this car to the other classes were completely non-sense on the part ek9vboi. The racing remarks were just to throw some sense at power difference to the quoted post.

In all I didn't get my car for speed, or to try and mod it for speed, I love the sound of the mods, but I don't expect them to do much, the only mod that I know of that does any power difference on the IS250 are the headers, but that's not something I want to be swapping at the moment, no need. She gets me around town and that's just fine, the occasional fun safe runs are just for fun, nothing serious.

I want an IS-F weekend car

Last edited by XhyDra; 11-20-08 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-20-08, 06:14 AM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Stock vs stock, the Si(with a good driver) will hands down take the 250(w/a good driver) anytime and any place.
The K series engine is easy to mod and can handle quite a bit of load(w/ only 3K in mods you can get the Si to over 320fwhp safely-this is old news)-not like the IS X50s.
If you want a cheap thrill, buy the Si.
If you want class and enough hp/tq to get you to point A to B, buy the 250.
The 250 looks 100x better IMO =D

BTW XhyDra,
From what I have been reading on this thread, maybe you should have bought the 350 instead of the 250...you seem like you race or pick on other slower cars a lot.
Old 11-20-08, 07:29 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ByoungWoo
Stock vs stock, the Si(with a good driver) will hands down take the 250(w/a good driver) anytime and any place.
The K series engine is easy to mod and can handle quite a bit of load(w/ only 3K in mods you can get the Si to over 320fwhp safely-this is old news)-not like the IS X50s.
If you want a cheap thrill, buy the Si.
If you want class and enough hp/tq to get you to point A to B, buy the 250.
The 250 looks 100x better IMO =D

BTW XhyDra,
From what I have been reading on this thread, maybe you should have bought the 350 instead of the 250...you seem like you race or pick on other slower cars a lot.
I don't think I picked on slower cars, in my post above where I said it was faster than most stock Hondas out there, I was referring this to how some people out in the scene have thrown comments about them being faster. I commented earlier on this thread about my IS250 taking an Si, obviously the Si drivers that I have encountered aren't that good if they didn't keep up. Do I have any doubts the Si can perform well with mods, no I know it can, my friends Si has light mods and keeps up with some pretty fast cars. Stock it's a no brainer the IS250 gives it a good run. For my daily grind my IS250 is sufficient, I don't intend to track it, or take it to the 1/4 mile races, although we can't say that we've haven't had the occasional run-ins with other cars where we feel a little spirited

Trying to keep on topic.

Last edited by XhyDra; 11-20-08 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-20-08, 01:44 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Wow XhyDra, that was a longer than necessary post off topic trying to justify yourself. Anyways, just my OPINION on the latter things I said. I'm done with this thread.

Quick Reply: IS250MT VS CIVIC SI Sedan or(mugen)