IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NAV NAV NAV bypass (help me do it) !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 03:39 PM
donjuko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV NAV NAV bypass (help me do it) !!!!

Man i been looking around for a long time to bypass my Nav in my Is 350/08 !!! Man if anyone can HELP !!!! : ( PLEASE give me a hand !!!! Thanks !!!
Old 09-03-08, 03:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if you want full plug and play and no wire cutting (voiding warranty), you can get them from prestigious society. chung@prestigioussociety.com
Old 09-03-08, 03:52 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recommend that. I got it and its freakin awesome!
Old 09-03-08, 03:57 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuko
Man i been looking around for a long time to bypass my Nav in my Is 350/08 !!! Man if anyone can HELP !!!! : ( PLEASE give me a hand !!!! Thanks !!!
What part of Texas are you from?

Perhaps a local member may help.

There are handfuls of CL members in SoCal that can do it. It's just a little more difficult to find a member in Texas...
Old 09-03-08, 04:15 PM
s2kver02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
What part of Texas are you from?

Perhaps a local member may help.

There are handfuls of CL members in SoCal that can do it. It's just a little more difficult to find a member in Texas...
Do you know anyone in SOCAL who can do it for me?
Old 09-03-08, 04:44 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kver02
Do you know anyone in SOCAL who can do it for me?
Bunch of people can do it if you post a request in our SoCal Forum.
Old 09-03-08, 04:50 PM
Tronix
Driver School Candidate

How much does the prestigious society plugnplay cost?
Old 09-03-08, 05:05 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tronix
How much does the prestigious society plugnplay cost?
I believe it is around $300.
Old 09-03-08, 05:39 PM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

No '06 IS250 support??
Old 09-12-08, 10:01 PM
scruffydog
Rookie

NAV PROBLEM!!! HELP!

hey guys, I have done the nav mod on my 2007 IS250. I have cut the 2 proper wires and put a switch in between both the wires. (I know the hack that everyone is posting up is telling you to just cut the pink wire completely and connect the pink wire from the loom to the Nav J1 white-silver wire and a switch in between, but I decide to just cut both wires and put a switch in between both the wires so I can just cut both the VSS signal to both the display and the Nav unit.)

I am now able to unlock the DVD channel and watch iPod Videos through the VAIS kit while in motion. HOWEVER, the Navigation Menu is still locked once the car is moving after the GPS starting picking up the signal. Yea, sure the car is kinda off in the map, but all of the features such as POI, address is still locked once the car is in motion....any suggestion?

My guess is that regardless if the Nav unit doesn't have any signal from the VSS wire, once the car is in motion after awhile (15-30sec) the Nav unit is smart enough to know the car is in motion. Am i right?!? Any suggestions guys?
Old 09-13-08, 09:39 PM
vha23
Rookie

looks like you did what is posted here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...av+hack+switch

just like you said, after a while, the car will realize that you are moving, since the gps will get updated. i haven't heard of a way around that. why can't you just flip on the switch, and then switch it off again.
Old 09-14-08, 05:48 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scruffydog
NAV PROBLEM!!! HELP!

hey guys, I have done the nav mod on my 2007 IS250. I have cut the 2 proper wires and put a switch in between both the wires. (I know the hack that everyone is posting up is telling you to just cut the pink wire completely and connect the pink wire from the loom to the Nav J1 white-silver wire and a switch in between, but I decide to just cut both wires and put a switch in between both the wires so I can just cut both the VSS signal to both the display and the Nav unit.)

I am now able to unlock the DVD channel and watch iPod Videos through the VAIS kit while in motion. HOWEVER, the Navigation Menu is still locked once the car is moving after the GPS starting picking up the signal. Yea, sure the car is kinda off in the map, but all of the features such as POI, address is still locked once the car is in motion....any suggestion?

My guess is that regardless if the Nav unit doesn't have any signal from the VSS wire, once the car is in motion after awhile (15-30sec) the Nav unit is smart enough to know the car is in motion. Am i right?!? Any suggestions guys?
if you installed the switch correctly then yes you have limited time to enter a destination. its ~ 1 minute on average. If it times you out flip the switch to replenish your time
Old 09-14-08, 05:51 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
if you want full plug and play and no wire cutting (voiding warranty), you can get them from prestigious society. chung@prestigioussociety.com
care to explain how this will not void the warranty??? Can anyone put this in writing that if I take my car to the dealer with this kit installed and they have to work back there and find that I have this P-N-P kit that they will still replace all the parts, including my nave unit, if required under warranty

IMO this will void the warranty also. Its just easier to "cheat" the system if you will to remove it from your car to have warranty work done. But I highly doubt anyone is going to take apart that dash to take there car in for work at the dealer and its just wrong anyways!
Old 09-14-08, 09:11 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

i have mine installed, and I'm loving it!!
Old 09-14-08, 04:38 PM
WantGS
Rookie

I got one installed as well! Its a nice piece. FYI, its cheaper on ebay at $225 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/TV-NAVI-KIT-LEXU...742.m153.l1262