IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Parking Lights WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-08, 02:11 PM
Iszy250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhhh!!! i got it out finally but the daymn led fell into the headlight case... daymn it, I don't even know how to find it now
Old 10-04-08, 05:42 PM
Jay.Diem
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uh oh ... you have to remove your headlamps now....and shake it out...

unfortunately this would mean you have to take off your bumper..
Old 10-04-08, 08:13 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AzNLeX350
Happened to me actually lol.
+1 me too
Old 10-04-08, 08:19 PM
Iszy250
Driver School Candidate

grrrr... i cant even see the led any more, it fell through the cracks somewhere.... gosh, is it hard to take off the front bumper to take the headlight housing out? is there a post that shows how to do it (i searched but haven't found one yet)
Old 10-04-08, 08:31 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vtgyrlz619
grrrr... i cant even see the led any more, it fell through the cracks somewhere.... gosh, is it hard to take off the front bumper to take the headlight housing out? is there a post that shows how to do it (i searched but haven't found one yet)
How did this problem go from rsheppick to you simutaneously? Are you guys changing your bulbs side by side?
Old 01-12-09, 08:26 PM
Iszy250
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if anyone could help me with this, but both my parking lights are out =T I replaced the fuse (with 10A) in the fuse box at the bottom right of the engine (it was blown), but they still don't work. I have the vleds 5smt. I tried putting the stock bulbs back in (which don't work either) and the sockets look fine, nothing melted or broken. Any ideas?
Old 01-13-09, 12:23 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtgyrlz619
Not sure if anyone could help me with this, but both my parking lights are out =T I replaced the fuse (with 10A) in the fuse box at the bottom right of the engine (it was blown), but they still don't work. I have the vleds 5smt. I tried putting the stock bulbs back in (which don't work either) and the sockets look fine, nothing melted or broken. Any ideas?
check all your fuses. you probably still have a blwon fuse somewhere. also make sure you put the bulbs back in the right way. i would try putting both bulbs in both ways first, then check the fuses. the only way to get the bulb back out if you drop it into the headlight assmebly is to take the headlight assembly off the car. some people say that you need to remove the bumper, which you DO NOT have to do. all you need to is detach the headlight and pull the bumper out but leave the bottom attached. if you do take the assembly apart put the bulbs in and test them before putting them back in.

someone was asking what to do with the DRL's. what i did with mine was have the dealer turn mine off, this step is hit or miss since im guessing most dealers will not do it. i then swapped the bulbs with sylvania silverstar ultras. the silverstars are much brighter and whiter then stock and you will still have use of your highbeams.
Old 01-13-09, 09:18 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by badpinoy
flip the bulb. same thing happened to me.
Yes...but try one bulb at a time...same issue and pulling my hair out till I got LED savy
Old 01-13-09, 11:17 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

How about an offtopic but related post:

I left my car in the "parking light" switch when i got out.. and i noticed that the parking lights, signals, rear tail lamps, and license plate lights remain lit. Now this concerns me because it may drain the battery (which gets me thinking that leaving parking lights on overnight may be a dumb idea). But then again, they are all LEDs and draw a minimal amount of power. So, I went back and just turned my lights back onto Auto and let it shut off.

You guys every worry about this also? According to wikipedia, parking lights are used to warn of oncoming cars in narrow roads or alleys of the presence of your car.
Old 01-13-09, 01:05 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

^^^you can leave your lights on and walk away they automatically turn off by themselves within a short period...read your owners manual it's in there
Old 01-13-09, 01:09 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by suicidesam
^^^you can leave your lights on and walk away they automatically turn off by themselves within a short period...read your owners manual it's in there
usually, if you press the lock button twice, it turns off the lights. But i am talking about the "parking light" mode.

(In "Parking Light" mode, the lights are supposed to be on while the ignition is off)

I'm asking if anyone has left their cars in parking light mode and have their battery die on them or anything of that sort.
Old 01-13-09, 02:58 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

haven't died on me yet... not after 1 year plus... i frequently leave the trunk light on and also the parking lights if i stop at the side of the road...... but not when fully stopped and parked
Old 01-13-09, 08:01 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

with your stalk on 'parking lite', it will stay on for alittle while but will turn itself off eventually, dont worry about this.
Old 01-13-09, 08:14 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
with your stalk on 'parking lite', it will stay on for alittle while but will turn itself off eventually, dont worry about this.
okay, ill try this and see if you're trustworthy!
Old 01-14-09, 12:22 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Okay, i left it on the "parking light" and the lights did not turn off for more than an hour and half that i had them on. They stay on the entire time.

Quick Reply: Parking Lights WTF?