IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Official "Got my GFX kit" thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 12:22 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Official "Got my GFX kit" thread

Great service once again by Sewell. Ordered on Wednesday and received by Friday. All three huge boxes arrived just now. The FedEx guy thought I was building a car. LOL.

I inspected the rear lip and looks okay. Gonna have a shop install it next week. I am still debating whether to replace my existing GFX with the new one. I am gonna swap out the side skirts now.

Old 08-22-08, 12:36 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. Sewell has awesome service.

I'm starting to lean towards installing the rear I have sitting around.
Old 08-22-08, 12:39 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

I installed the rear GFX couple weeks ago and it looks good. Especially with the tanabe exhaust tips. You should install it MisterT
Old 08-22-08, 12:42 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have it install it... looks better on then sitting in your garage
Old 08-22-08, 12:50 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=VikH;3775047]Great service once again by Sewell. Ordered on Wednesday and received by Friday. All three huge boxes arrived just now. The FedEx guy thought I was building a car. LOL.

I inspected the rear lip and looks okay. Gonna have a shop install it next week. I am still debating whether to replace my existing GFX with the new one. I am gonna swap out the side skirts now.[QUOTE]

Awesome! Have the shop install it? Call up Mike and Brian...all of you guys can probably get it installed working together in one afternoon.

Yeah, Sewell was really fast about delivering my G-Spiders to my front door, but they didn't include the center caps w/ my wheels. I called and told them I need 4 center caps because they were suppose to be included w/ the wheels, and they said sure we'll send them out right away. Well almost 3 weeks and 3 phone calls later, my g-spiders still don't have their center caps. I am going to make a 4th phone call right now to find out what the hell is going on!

Have fun with your new kit!
Old 08-22-08, 01:39 PM
yamkoo1002
Driver

Funny how one box is beat and the rest of the boxes are in pristine condition. Good buy!
Old 08-22-08, 02:12 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoganai
if you have it install it... looks better on then sitting in your garage
True.
Originally Posted by LEXMAN350
I installed the rear GFX couple weeks ago and it looks good. Especially with the tanabe exhaust tips. You should install it MisterT
I don't have tanabe exhaust tips.....yet.
Old 08-22-08, 02:27 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aww ur lucky..they were out of my 212 kit...
Old 08-22-08, 02:42 PM
TinCan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where, and how much?
Old 08-22-08, 02:50 PM
Clark Kent
Pole Position

What's up, Vik?

I finally got my shipping confirmation this morning! Let me know how your rear turns out. I would like to install my rears, but not sure if I should do it myself or have a shop do it.
Old 08-22-08, 03:29 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Little E
Awesome! Have the shop install it? Call up Mike and Brian...all of you guys can probably get it installed working together in one afternoon.

Yeah, Sewell was really fast about delivering my G-Spiders to my front door, but they didn't include the center caps w/ my wheels. I called and told them I need 4 center caps because they were suppose to be included w/ the wheels, and they said sure we'll send them out right away. Well almost 3 weeks and 3 phone calls later, my g-spiders still don't have their center caps. I am going to make a 4th phone call right now to find out what the hell is going on!

Have fun with your new kit!
LOL. I just installed the side skirts on my own. Took about 1.5 hours with me going very slow (very hot in the garage). You can probably do it in 45 minutes, but I am very careful. The sideskirts give it a subtle aggressive look. The rear requires cutting and drilling. I am gonna have a local body shop do it for me. I think I used up all my "Hey Mike and Brian wanna do me a favor?" points :P

Sorry to hear about your wheel problem. I hope it gets resolved quickly. Keep us updated.

Originally Posted by yamkoo1002
Funny how one box is beat and the rest of the boxes are in pristine condition. Good buy!
I noticed that too. That is why I immediately opened the box up to check it. The box is packed perfectly and the shape gives the lip plenty of room.

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
What's up, Vik?

I finally got my shipping confirmation this morning! Let me know how your rear turns out. I would like to install my rears, but not sure if I should do it myself or have a shop do it.
Congrats. When is it arriving? I am looking over the rear install now. I am probably gonna have a shop install the rear next week. PM me if you wanna get in on it. It will probably be under $100 to install since I know the owner.
Old 08-22-08, 03:41 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

those are nice floors.. good craftsmanship on the floorboards and granite.

o yeah, the sideskirts are nice too
Old 08-22-08, 04:04 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

VIK-

I will help you do the rear if you want....anytime you need a hand just let me know!

If you want we can knock it out before the meet tomorrow am?? just hit me up. we can do it after the meet also.

nice job on the kit! I am sure it looks 100 times better already! You boys fixing up your cars and I am taking all the stuff off getting closer and closer to a new car!

Mike
Old 08-22-08, 04:10 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

^ whats next?
Old 08-22-08, 04:12 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't wait to get all my boxes! lol

Quick Reply: Official "Got my GFX kit" thread