2008 Is250 Awd

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08, 08:56 PM
nick1214
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Is250 Awd

Hi all,

I am a soon to be IS250AWD owner. I was considering a 2007 loaner with 6,000 miles on it and an 06 with 20,000 miles on it. There is not much of a difference in price so I will probably go new.

I was just wondering on the 250AWD model what has been changed from year to year. Any upgrade to convince me 100% to buy new : ). The 2 used ones only have premium package, xenons and preferred accessory package.
Can someone list the difference over the years for both the premium package, xenons and preferred accessory package and +navigation,bluetooth and back up camera. model

Also has anyone gotten a dealer from a very close friend or a relative. My cousin works as the sales manager or general manger(not sure). What price do you think I can get with most of holdback thrown in.

I also only ask that the pdi be completed with a full tank of gas. I would like to zaino my self about 300 times with in the first day.

Thank You,
Nick
Old 08-01-08, 09:25 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

there is virtually no difference whatsoever among packages. if I were you I'd wait for the 09's as they come in within the next month or two with the new fiasca change, signals on the side mirrors, improved steering feel, etc.

but if you must get it now, get the 08. they have supposedly better steering feel over the 07's (though my steering feel is perfect for me in my 07). and definately do not get a loaner. loaner cars tend to be beat on and not to mention the interior could have been stained previously. plus with 6000 miles, that could of been A LOT of drivers seeing loaners aren't usually out for more than a day or two.

and to answer your question PRECISELY, the 08's have better steering and different rim finishes (though AWD models have the same rims as previous model years). and the options are switched a bit though dealers usually order it their own way anyway. generally speaking 06 awd models had wood trim, no HID, perforated leather with heated/AC seats, and sometimes backup sensors. 07 awd models started having everything the previous year had but no backup sensors plus HID's. those were the base models around here that you could buy without special order (i live in MA so the options shouldn't be much different).

08's MIGHT NOT have the AC seats as standard. and also check the wood trim if you want that. if i were you, sit down with the dealer with their packaging options that THEY ORDER and see the differences. but either way, I'd go for the 09 model then 08 then 07. good luck on your purchase!

also! forgot to add. if you're doing pricing, i'm not sure how holdback works (unless you mean down payment) but I bought my car for invoice + TTL with bluetooth, navi and camera. HID and wood came with it no matter what (also the perforated leather ac/heated seats). check with your cousin.
Old 08-01-08, 09:26 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

only MAJOR difference is that that '08 has a coin holder
and also some new color rims (that's if you were going to do a custom order)
Old 08-01-08, 11:08 PM
nick1214
Driver School Candidate

hold back is money that the dealer(guess what) holds back on top of invoice.

Hold back is the difference between "invoice" and what they actually pay for the car. The dealers do pay invoice for the car but the get kickbacks from the manufacturer even if there are no incentives and if there are incentives they get that amount of money from Lexus too. If I am just babbling on and on excuse me I cannot sleep until I get one of these great cars in my driveway....I just have to wait for my cousin to get back from his vacation.

Thank You,
Nick
Old 08-02-08, 01:23 AM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

Ohh! well since the figures of holdbacks aren't exactly publicized, you'll have to talk to your cousin about that. Good luck!
Old 08-02-08, 05:25 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kuuqi
Ohh! well since the figures of holdbacks aren't exactly publicized, you'll have to talk to your cousin about that. Good luck!
I believe holdback is typically 2-3%
Old 08-02-08, 10:14 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

06->07 adds the sharkfin antenna for XM and the button to fully disable trac/vsc

07->08 is the coin holder, changed seatbacks for more rear legroom, diff wheel finish (though I don't think that applies to AWD), supposedly improved steering feel, and part-way through the build year they changed the carpet in the cashmere interior cars from cashmere to black... and I think for the AWD model the standard seat is now just heated with the heated/vented being optional.

There's a couple minor color changes in there (they changed the dark blue from 06 to 07 for example) but nothing really major
Old 08-02-08, 04:52 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kuuqi
Holdback is published: 2% of the Base MSRP on Lexus.

edmunds

Also look into incentives and rebates
Old 08-02-08, 05:00 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

I like the shark fin, even though I don't have satellite radio. I also like the dark carpet. The cashmere carpet looks awesome but kinda nasty when it gets stained. The contrast of black carpet with cashmere leather is great. Tint is important too. Get a clear bra on the front. Go through the options list and get everything you want. The luxury package is worth it (steering wheel tilts away for easy ingress/egress, tilt side mirrors when reversing, electrochromatic side mirrors, HIDs, memory seats if needed, rain sensing wipers (love that everything's automatic), I always use the rear sunshade on hot days). Special order if they don't have the car you want. You'll have to decide quickly if you don't want your side mirrors to blink! That change will certainly draw the eye to the side mirrors.
Old 08-02-08, 07:04 PM
nick1214
Driver School Candidate

I was under the impression these were the only options that you could get on an IS250AWD- http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/...620&isSE=false

- Adaptive Xenons
- Premium Package

+Navigation with bluetooth and back up camera in the next package.

I do not see a luxury package or an ML option.

Does the 13 speakers in the hogher trim level represent ML.

You get a CD changer in the premium package correct? It says it on the higher trim but not on the lower trim.

The luxury package is shown here http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Which model do you get the luxury package in?

Thank you
NIck
Old 08-02-08, 07:42 PM
nick1214
Driver School Candidate

also

If I special order with the ML can you watch movies while the car is in motion. Good feature for the kiddies if I ever decide to let them into the car.

How do you figure out holdback 2% of MSRP or 2% of invoice?

Last edited by nick1214; 08-02-08 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-02-08, 08:10 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick1214
also

If I special order with the ML can you watch movies while the car is in motion. Good feature for the kiddies if I ever decide to let them into the car.

How do you figure out holdback 2% of MSRP or 2% of invoice?
You would most likely need to special order it if you wanted ML. You can in fact play dvd's in motion if you do the nav hack. There is a unit where you plug wires into and it has a button to switch back and forth from nav to video or you can just splice some wires.
Old 08-02-08, 10:56 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nick1214
I was under the impression these were the only options that you could get on an IS250AWD- http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/...620&isSE=false

- Adaptive Xenons
- Premium Package

+Navigation with bluetooth and back up camera in the next package.

I do not see a luxury package or an ML option.

Does the 13 speakers in the hogher trim level represent ML.

You get a CD changer in the premium package correct? It says it on the higher trim but not on the lower trim.

The luxury package is shown here http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Which model do you get the luxury package in?

Thank you
NIck

IS250 AWD has the following options according to Lexus.com available-

Premium Package $850 [3]
Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Ventilated front seats

Luxury Package $2,205 [3]
Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
Illuminated doorsill scuff plates
Power rear sunshade
Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package $3,990 [3]
Voice-activated DVD Navigation System [5] with backup camera [6] and Bluetooth® technology [7]
Mark Levinson 14-speaker 300-watt at less than 0.1% THD, 20-20,000 Hz [8] Premium Surround Sound Audio System [9] with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer featuring DVD-audio and DVD-video playback

Options and Other Accessories
Pre-Collision System (PCS) [13] and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control [14] $2,850 [3]
Voice-activated DVD Navigation System [5] with backup camera [6] and Bluetooth® technology [7] $2,550 [3]
18-in G-Spider alloy wheels with 18-in tires [4] $2,450 [3]
18-in ISP Mode alloy wheels with 18-in tires [4] $2,450 [3]
Dual Sport Exhaust with Rear Ground Effect $2,095 [3]
Ground effects kit $1,500 [3]
Dual sport exhaust by HKS® $1,500 [3]
18-in G-Spider alloy wheels [4] $1,375 [3]
18-in ISP Mode alloy wheels [4] $1,375 [3]
Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) $875 [3]
Intuitive Parking Assist $500 [3]
SIRIUS® Satellite Radio [15] $486 [3]
XM® Satellite Radio [15] $486 [3]
Rear spoiler $355 [3]
Interface kit for iPod® [16] $299 [3]
Headlamp washers - requires Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) $100 [3]
All-weather floor mats $99 [3]
Rear bumper applique $69 [3]
Trunk mat $69 [3]
Wheel locks $69 [3]
Cargo net $59 [3]

Plus the F-sport stuff which they list on all the cars now
Old 08-02-08, 10:59 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

And specifically on the stereo question-

Stock stereo is 13 speakers and a 6-disc changer in the dash.

ML with Nav is 14 speakers AND a 6-disc DVD changer in dash- You can watch movies in motion only with this package and a nav hack.

ML without nav is 14 speakers and a 6-disc CD changer in dash- Note this option isn't listed on Lexus.com anymore but should still be available...it's $940 MSRP and $752 invoice.

Those are the only 3 possible stereo options.... stock, ML without nav, and ML with nav.
Old 08-03-08, 03:33 PM
nick1214
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for assisting me in purchasing an IS. I really appriate that. I look forward to contributing to the forum also as I become more knowledgable about the IS and Lexus in general.

I am going to have the car delivered(picked up) with the plastic still on it. I am going to apply about 40 coats of zaino and then I will take pictures.

I am also interested in the 2 other options that Lexus has available for wheels the ISP and G-Spider wheels. How do the tires wear on these 2 wheel and tire combos. Any other modest wheels choices. I like a shiny silver or chrome finish. I will also need to keep the OEM wheels and tires if I get chrome due the salt put on the roads in the north east. No black. My main concern is that I do not want it to be to flashy. I tend to gravitate toward a modest 5 spoke wheel.

Thank You
Nick