IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

An A$$hole keyed my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08, 01:39 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry An A$$hole keyed my car!!

found out this morning that my car's been keyed. it's quite deep that I can run my fingernail on it. I hate those people whose hands are so itchy and got nothing to do and so they have to do something to make their day.. the scratch is quite long also..about 15 inches?and little scratches somewhere else that's not too deep.. anyway this is the first time my car's been vandalized

but the good news is my deductible is 0 so I dont have to pay anything. my insurance company will just take care of everything.. I hope

i will post pics as soon as I get home..I left my camera at home so can;t take pics now.. uhh not a good day for me to start with!

what will the body shop do to get rid of the scratches? repaint the area? or use touchup paint? advice..

pics here:
rear door, driver's side

just above rear tire, driver's side

rear door, driver's side, close to front door driver's side

Last edited by tfz_hebe89; 08-01-08 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-01-08, 01:45 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a repaint. touchup paint's not gonna get it done. I feel your pain. I was keyed within a month of ownership... $2100 to paint all four panels on one side. It looked as good as new though. hopefully you get the same result.
Old 08-01-08, 01:50 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sirkfc
looks like a repaint. touchup paint's not gonna get it done. I feel your pain. I was keyed within a month of ownership... $2100 to paint all four panels on one side. It looked as good as new though. hopefully you get the same result.
dang! that's a lot of money!! the scratch on mine is at the rear door of driver's side. so i guess the bodyshop will repaint the door then? probably it wont cost that much just to paint a door
Old 08-01-08, 01:54 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

wow sorry to hear that! We got to many hatters out there, just because we have a nicer car then them doesnt mean we deserve to have our rides keyed. Hopefully your car gets fixed soon!
Old 08-01-08, 01:55 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I got keyed a few weeks ago too. Mine wasn't as bad as yours sounds. I went to a reputable bodyshop and got a quote first before I called my insurance. The damage was less than my $500 deductable, so I paid out of pocket.

They had to buff and repaint my rear passenger door. I took my car in during the morning, and got it back later that evening as good as new. I know the Lexus bodyshop probably could have done a good job too, but only at a higher price w/ longer wait time to get my car back.

Sorry this happened to you. What is up with all these ruthless people keying our ISs??
Old 08-01-08, 02:16 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Wow what is going with people hating nice cars???? Hope you find a good body shop. Better yet, post in the Norcal section for recommendations.
Old 08-01-08, 02:25 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by tfz_hebe89
found out this morning that my car's been keyed. it's quite deep that I can run my fingernail on it. I hate those people whose hands are so itchy and got nothing to do and so they have to do something to make their day.. the scratch is quite long also..about 15 inches?and little scratches somewhere else that's not too deep.. anyway this is the first time my car's been vandalized

but the good news is my deductible is 0 so I dont have to pay anything. my insurance company will just take care of everything.. I hope

i will post pics as soon as I get home..I left my camera at home so can;t take pics now.. uhh not a good day for me to start with!

what will the body shop do to get rid of the scratches? repaint the area? or use touchup paint? advice..
Sucks man. where did it happen in ca?
Old 08-01-08, 02:44 PM
AKIS350
Driver

WTF with these people keep keyin our ****in car..
This **** is pissing me off.
Sry for you.
Catch his *** and kick his ***!!
Old 08-01-08, 02:51 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dojoman
Sucks man. where did it happen in ca?
santa clara area.. after this incident happened, i dont feel safe anymore leaving my car unwatched. maybe I should hire a security guard to look after my car all the time lol
Old 08-01-08, 03:15 PM
TinCan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd kill someone!!! NO RESPECT!!!
Old 08-01-08, 03:39 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

santa clara area.. after this incident happened, i dont feel safe anymore leaving my car unwatched. maybe I should hire a security guard to look after my car all the time lol
Damn. Where exactly in SC? I work nearby as well. Will avoid at all cost.
Old 08-01-08, 03:48 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dammn man, I feel your pain.
I parked my car at the gym, and this guy in a Ford ****ing pick up truck slammed his door into the side of my car, nice big 'ole dent with paint chip. Haven't gotten around to get it taken care of...it hurts when I'm cleaning and I go over that spot.
Old 08-01-08, 03:49 PM
Dogmeat
Driver

K-town area buddy's G35 got keyed recently. people these days!
Old 08-01-08, 04:19 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dojoman
Damn. Where exactly in SC? I work nearby as well. Will avoid at all cost.
stevens creek/saratoga area.. well I suspect it happened at my apartment parking. yesterday afternoon no scratches at all and this morning the scratch is there.. but I parked inside a gate!!! can it be the apt residence who keyed my car? i would surely kick his a$$ if I catch him

where in SC are you working anyway?
Old 08-01-08, 04:59 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dang! that's a lot of money!! the scratch on mine is at the rear door of driver's side. so i guess the bodyshop will repaint the door then? probably it wont cost that much just to paint a door
it depends where on the rear door the scratch is. if it's too close to the other panels, they're gonna have to paint the other panels in order to blend the paint. i got keyed underneath my side mirror and the body shop repainted the door as well as blended the fender. one body shop even wanted to blend the paint upto the rear door and the side skirts! you can imagine how much that estimate was...

Quick Reply: An A$$hole keyed my car!!