IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

bad experience with xenon depot

Old 07-31-08, 01:43 PM
Faman21
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad experience with xenon depot (gets worse...)

i placed an order for a 6500K xtreme hid H11 conversion kit back on july 9th, the next day they emailed me saying they were back ordered and would be getting a shipment "the week of the 21st". which was cool but i was unhappy the website didnt let me know it was backordered before i bought it. so i emailed them again on the 22nd to find out where my stuff was, they email me back saying it would be arriving late friday (the 25th) and would be shipped out ASAP. (not quite the week of the 21st...). so then saturday the 26th rolls around and i called into xenon depot to ask about when my product would be shipped...and i get a recording telling me that they are moving warehouses from the 22nd-28th, and all orders placed during that time would be sent out on monday. SO pissed they didnt tell me i'd have to wait even longer. so now this week starting the 28th, i emailed them on the 28th and they told me the shipment came in on (25th)friday but its held over in customs, and would be released (29th)tuesday night or (30th)wednesday morning (and thus my package would be on the way that day). well today is (31st)thursday- no emails, no tracking numbers, nothing! not happy at all....but they did upgrade me to UPS Air shipping for free, but when i paid 26$ for shipping, not a huge bonus.
sorry about the rant- anyone have this kind of experience? what should i do?

Last edited by Faman21; 08-06-08 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 02:14 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

You mean they can't control what customs does with their shipments? The nerve.
Old 07-31-08, 02:21 PM
Faman21
Rookie

its more the list of unannounced delays that bothered me most
Old 07-31-08, 02:25 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Mobile HID, their shipping is lightning fast!
Old 07-31-08, 02:39 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was a little pissed too that even when I ordered my D4S bulbs, on the site it says "Available" but when I ordered it, it was backordered for almost 2 weeks. Sometimes things get backordered but why not update their site saying that. Even in those two weeks that the bulbs were backordered the site still said "Available with 24-48 hours" or something lke that. THey also upgraded my shipping to Air for free
Old 07-31-08, 04:24 PM
LILDANTE79
Lexus Test Driver

ive never had a problem with them, i always get my stuff on time. i won an hid kit from them at the luau meet and i had to email the info. i had my hid kit n 5 days really fast shipping then i ordered my fogs and i also got the n 5 days. so i cant be mad at them. sorry to hear ur experience was not good.
Old 07-31-08, 06:06 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve (Xenon-Depot) has been nothing but great to deal with. Same goes for Cliff (Mobile-HID)!

Both places have great service. I guess we all have our off day and I know this will get worked out for you.
Old 07-31-08, 06:55 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

buddy, im in the same position as you, but i know that the customer service, once you are a xenondepot customer, is by far the best. it will be well worth the wait. as the other member posted, you can't really do anything about customs. whenever i email steve, he responds within 30 mins. the email address i use is info@kbcarstuff.com
Old 07-31-08, 08:56 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Xenon Depot has been like this for a while now. I have had plenty of bad experience too. I think they got too big for their own good. I know for sure I wont be doing business with them EVER.
Old 07-31-08, 09:08 PM
gman1227
Pole Position

sorry to hear bout the problem, i order the exact same thing from them, and i have to say the kit looks amazing, and works great, have had a lot of compliments, hope the install goes better then the shipping, good luck
Old 07-31-08, 10:29 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position

Ya know, I had the same issue as well. It was around a 3 week wait to get my lights. That being said, I'm glad I went with them. Unfortunately I had an issue with one of the relays in the kit, certainly not typical if you look at other members purchases, and I was expecting it to be a huge issue between the shop and XenonDepot both trying to place blame on the other guys leaving me stranded. That was definitely not the case, Steve at XD customer service took very good care of my situation and did everything in his power to get everything running perfectly. Its a true example of taking care of a customer and because of it, they're the only ones I'll buy future lighting products from. Sure, maybe others would have done the same, but I'm loyal to XD.
Old 08-01-08, 12:36 AM
yodeixmall
Rookie

i got the same problem, i ordered my 6500K about 10 days ago and they said they were moving the warehouse...did u get the 25 dollars off for the summer special? but yeah i wouldnt worry about it u should have them next week (lets hope me too), let me know how they look once u install them
Old 08-01-08, 07:46 AM
wassabie
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I ordered my 4300k...They have shipped out to me and according to the UPS tracking, I should be getting them today. It took awhile (3 weeks) to get them. Hopefully, based on all the reviews I've seen on the forum, these lights won't let me down.
Old 08-01-08, 08:21 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi Guys,

To start off I would like to say that I completely understand faman21 frustration. He has been waiting for a while for his product (which has by now shipped out). Unfortunately, we do sell out of products on occasion in which the customer is notified right away of the delay. As a result, we automatically upgrade shipping at no extra charge to minimize any further delays. Believe me when I say that we have no interest in making anyone wait 1 second longer than necessary to get their product. With this particular issue several things occured that caused this delay which unfortuantely was completely out of our hands.

Kingofire - I'm not quite sure what problems you had with us however to say that we have gotten too big for our own good is completely wrong. We actually try to differentiate ourselves from the many companies out there selling similar products by offering better service (as you can clearly see from the number of people that have responded). Again, I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied however if you could please PM me with the problem you are having I will definitely see what I can to solve it or at least get a better understanding as to what the problem is.

Steve
Old 08-01-08, 09:33 AM
Faman21
Rookie

yeah I'd only heard the best about xenon depot so far that's why I ordered them there, so my package shipped today so hopefully I'll be singing their praises as far as quality and relability shortly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bad experience with xenon depot