IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport Modded IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-08, 07:52 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YemYam
Hello all. I've been a long time lurker here but finally have a reason to post! I just got my car back from the dealership having almost all of the F-Sport mods installed (I skipped on the engine cover & the brakes).

I have to say I've got tons of respect for everybody on this forum. I've gone through every wheel/mod thread on the site at least 10 times and you guys (and gals) have some amazing tastes and some super sick rides. The IS is pretty pimp by itself but all of you have taken it to a whole other level.

I know I went the boring route with all factory stuff but that's the type of person I am. I'm super busy and I'd rather just have the dealership handle everything so I don't have to sweat stuff if something goes wrong. Big thanks to Johnson Lexus for taking great care of me. I was like a bunch of people on here that hated the F-Sport rims but I have to admit they grew on me, especially on black so that's the route I went.

The air intake/exhaust combo is freakin brutal. I just love the sound of it. Not huge gains in HP like you all know but just the sound of it growling down the highway gives me goosebumps. Still too early to tell on the suspension mods, I've dogged on it a bit and it still seems a lil bouncy but I'm sure things will settle in. I'd be glad to answer any questions if ya got em!

I apologize that the pics are so crappy, I'm going to get it detailed and have a friend with a real camera take some new high quality sexy pics but I couldn't wait and had to share asap. Enough babbling, here's the pics!
I have a question with F-Sport Exhaust and Intake, how is the cabin noise when driving on highway? And do you have the F-Sport sway kit installed as well?
Old 07-25-08, 08:28 AM
truoutkast
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CLEAN STUFF bro.
Old 07-25-08, 08:33 AM
Dodge2Dub
Rookie

i have to agree with others here, the drop is perfect. If you darkened all of the chrome accents and blacked out the tails (minus the reverse light reflector) you would have one of the cleanest IS' on the boards and one of the meanest cars on the street! Can't wait to see the next steps you take with her.
Old 07-25-08, 08:35 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking of F-Sport rims too, I will check if they have it here in Dubai.
Old 07-25-08, 08:37 AM
Dodge2Dub
Rookie

Gotta ask, what was the total bill including labor?
Old 07-25-08, 08:43 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they don't offer these center caps?
Old 07-25-08, 09:10 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rashoodz

they don't offer these center caps?
According to Sewell the wheel set come with those center caps.
Old 07-25-08, 09:25 AM
truoutkast
Pole Position

I looked at the photos again...IMO...i think you should paint your front grille all black to match your car. It'll make a huge difference in the look of your car overall. That's what I'm doing nxt week. =D
Old 07-25-08, 09:55 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Very clean...I like the OEM look of your car. Awesome!
Old 07-25-08, 09:58 AM
YemYam
Driver School Candidate

Default F-Yea

Thanks for the comments all, I'm going to get more pics this weekend (even if they aren't the super high end they will be cleaner than these, and pics of full sides and detail shots of springs, exhaust, intake, etc.

suicidesam - yea, def, more blackening in order, just trying to decide how to do it.

sincity - will get straight side shots this weekend

hapaboy - didn't notice that till you said that, it is odd, seems like the rears should be recessed too.

Smokin - will change the tails soon, would like to get the is-f ones, we'll see once my credit card recovers

mrsardar - if you are just cruising at free way speeds with the tach around 2.5 there's barely any difference in cabin noise, but if you mash just a lil on the gas up to 3.5 you definitely hear the growl, even over a loud stereo. If you really jump on it it's pretty freakin loud, sounds great.

dodge2dub - hell yea, more mods on the way! once you start it's impossible to stop. total bill was in the 10k range. that was front lip, front & rear sways, springs, shocks, chassis brace, air intake, exhaust, rims, yokos, lexus ipod kit, & all labor, alignment, etc. again, i know i'm paying premium going the full oem/dealership route but i'm coo with it.

rashoodz - not sure what's up with the different caps, i'll have to ask about that.

truoutkast - def!
Old 07-25-08, 10:24 AM
gtmba
Driver School Candidate

Man, your ride looks awesome, and I appreciate the writeup. Can't wait to see the additional pics!
Old 07-25-08, 10:56 AM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazing, your car is really pimped up and looks very aggressive! I'd be jealous seeing that car on the road. F-sports is like IS-F now that not many people can afford it. I hope I can get a used one in maybe a year or so.
Old 07-25-08, 11:08 AM
orlando628
Pole Position

how much are the rims i really like them
Old 07-25-08, 12:23 PM
Oakley IS
Driver

not to steal your thread, but heres a pic to give you an idea of how it will look like with the grille blacked out! mine is flat black btw.

Old 07-25-08, 12:30 PM
YemYam
Driver School Candidate

Default F-Yea

Nah bro, that's f'n sick! Post some more pics! That blacked out grill looks really hot, I gotta do it! Do you just use automotive spray paint? What's the best kind?

Quick Reply: F-Sport Modded IS 350