IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Missing option rear ground effects

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 08:59 AM
69Stang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing option rear ground effects

So I picked up my IS350 on Saturday, the car was ordered with the rear ground effects/hks exhaust. The dealership forgot to install rear g effects. They just sent me an email stating the same. What would you all do, should I install it at their expense or take a credit. It's a black IS350.
Old 07-02-08, 09:17 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 69Stang
So I picked up my IS350 on Saturday, the car was ordered with the rear ground effects/hks exhaust. The dealership forgot to install rear g effects. They just sent me an email stating the same. What would you all do, should I install it at their expense or take a credit. It's a black IS350.
I think you should get it It will look good with that HKS!!!

Post some pics of your car that came from the greatest city in the world

I got to see this car at my house First time to see the OEM HKS exhaust in person! Looks good and of course how can you go wrong with a BLK IS

are you still in town? if so just go have them slap it on!! if you dont like it you can always sell it...

Mike
Old 07-02-08, 09:23 AM
andyboy
Lead Lap

I would have them do it since they were suppose to put it on...takes too much time to do it your self. Also, you can probably get a loaner car when they put it on.

How does the HKS sound?
Old 07-02-08, 09:52 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by andyboy
I would have them do it since they were suppose to put it on...takes too much time to do it your self. Also, you can probably get a loaner car when they put it on.

How does the HKS sound?
hes in Chicago, if he is still here?? So he has to get it done by the dealer here not where he lives....

I got to ride in the car and helped him out with some stuff. Its sounds nice. Its louder standing out side the car but its was about the same as the Tanabe inside the car from the little driving we did.
Old 07-02-08, 10:28 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Are you talking about the Lexus HKS? I also have it and it sounds awesome. I think it looks good with the rear lip so I suggest you let them do it especially if you're not comfortable cutting the bumper.
Old 07-02-08, 10:54 AM
69Stang
Rookie

I'm back in Toronto now so the dealer will have to ship the part and they will have to pay to have it installed by my local dealer. The OEM HKS exhaust sounds great but I have nothing to compare it to.

So I stop by to Passnu2 place to have him install the nav override kit while I am in town. Mike takes apart my dash and discovers the dealer already did the hack Missing any screwdrivers ??
Old 07-02-08, 12:21 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the rear gfx looks great on black cars... i just wish it looked great on white
Old 07-02-08, 12:35 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

So I stop by to Passnu2 place to have him install the nav override kit while I am in town. Mike takes apart my dash and discovers the dealer already did the hack Missing any screwdrivers ??
did i leave tools in your car haha....Yes I told this member they would do the nav hack (wire cut) and they told him NO They offered it to me but I didnt take then up on the offer?? I take apart 75% of everything to find speaker wire hanging down?? then i fished around and there was the switch!!

Lucked out on that one but I still would have done it for you so its all good!
Old 07-02-08, 01:23 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Did I miss the thread with pics??? If not, post pics!! Definitely get the rear gfx if you have Lexus HKS.
Old 07-02-08, 02:12 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Was this a CPO car you bought??

If so.. Good chance the prior owner had the hack done.. The dealership would not / could not do the Nav Hack for obvious reasons...

Congrats on your new ride.. !

About the rear lip, search some pics of it here on CL.. if you decide not take it, have them issue you a credit..

Joe Z
Old 07-02-08, 03:54 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe Z

The dealership would not / could not do the Nav Hack for obvious reasons...

Joe Z
you are wrong! It is a NEW car and the dealer did do the hack I know this for a fact I know who and where he got the car from
Old 07-02-08, 04:01 PM
Navigatn
Pole Position

i would take the credit from the dealership and install it myself
Old 07-02-08, 04:25 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
you are wrong! It is a NEW car and the dealer did do the hack I know this for a fact I know who and where he got the car from

Good times... I read his sig and figured he couldn't be a New 2007...

Surprised to hear the dealership is doing nav hacks...
Old 07-02-08, 04:43 PM
69Stang
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2

The car was a 5900 mile demo driven by the general manager of the dealership and it was hacked. Sold to me as new as it was never titled. I ordered the plug n play system and had it shipped to the dealer, the salesman told me there was no way they would hook it up due to liability issues. I asked Passnu2 if he would hook it up and he discovered it was already done. Looks like the salesman didn't even know it was hacked, they would have removed the switch because they would have to know I would find it doing the PnP swap.
Old 07-02-08, 06:07 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Surprised to hear the dealership is doing nav hacks...
Joe around here nothing surprises me what a dealer will do for a sale and $$$ maybe its different in your area? I was offered this when I picked up my car, granite I know the owners like family But I said no as I wasn't so sure what it was for till I joined here and started to play with the Navi and got frustrated that I couldn't enter while moving. Then I figured out why the talked it up so much. If you are not the DIY its well worth the $$ plus you can go back and they HAVE to fix it

This was like the F sport car in the other thread we where talking about on the amount they have into it and trying to sell it....well they had so much stuff on this car plus it being a demo they couldn't sell it. 69stang got a great deal because of it

It was nice to meet another member from outside of Chicago

Quick Reply: Missing option rear ground effects