IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What is up with my stock HID????????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-08, 06:08 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Hmm happened to me with my aftermarket. The guy replaced the ballast as it was under warranty.

A little off topic if you dont mind but why does HID flicker? A lot. After my accident, they put back my HID and now only the left side flicker.
It may not be from your accident. My left side "only' does this now and I showed Brian231 when I took him to trade in his IS Just recently started to do this. I swear the longer I have this car the more and more its seems to start having problems
Old 07-14-08, 06:14 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tonight I saw an IS250 driving by with one non-working headlight. This seem to be a common problem amongst the Ix50, we all should call and complain to Lexus and hopefully they will fix this for free.
Old 07-14-08, 07:15 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I swear the longer I have this car the more and more its seems to start having problems
Did you get the engine startup rattle fixed yet?
Old 07-14-08, 07:19 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

bad bulb...thats it!!!
Old 07-14-08, 07:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VikH
Did you get the engine startup rattle fixed yet?
If I take the car in I have a LONG list that my car would be there for a month I am just going to leave it for now unless the car breaks down. That TSIB was freaking long and I was reading through it and it looks like my car would be there FOREVER just for that alone....I thought about it and asking for a GS as a loner to see what they are like. I haven't driven the new body style around. I liked the 99 GS400 just not sure what I want to get. I am a little disappointed in the IS and the quality that I would not have expected from Toyota....
Old 07-14-08, 07:30 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

If I take the car in I have a LONG list that my car would be there for a month I am just going to leave it for now unless the car breaks down. That TSIB was freaking long and I was reading through it and it looks like my car would be there FOREVER just for that alone....I thought about it and asking for a GS as a loner to see what they are like. I haven't driven the new body style around. I liked the 99 GS400 just not sure what I want to get. I am a little disappointed in the IS and the quality that I would not have expected from Toyota....
Woodfield Lexus gave me a new 2008 GS350 AWD as a loaner. Was pretty nice, but they are big boats.

Yes, it is sad to see how many problems people are having with their 2ISs.
Old 07-14-08, 07:37 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My aftermarket xenondepot kit has this problem as does my aftermarket HID kit for my other car. One light just doesn't come on sometimes and you have to turn it off and on. One guy in the lighting forums says the fix might be a capacitor harness which will provide the necessary power to fire both bulbs. I haven't received the harness yet but it should come soon. This shouldn't be the problem with factory HID though. I never heard of such a thing...
Old 07-22-08, 09:32 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I might have a temporary fix for this problem. Those of us that have factory HID with AFS can turn off the AFS. I turned off the AFS and my headlight hasn't gone out in 5 days straight. Normaly it would go out everynight or at least once every two nights.
Old 07-27-08, 02:48 AM
aira
Pole Position

At first my driver side headlight went out. I got the whole headlight replaced under warranty. Now my passenger headlight is having problems.

Now my question is, should I replace my 8000k bulbs with the stock bulbs if I take it in to the dealer?
Old 07-27-08, 03:28 AM
guytoy
Driver School Candidate

I swear the longer I have this car the more and more its seems to start having problems
So in a way you're saying that this car isn't worth it? Just wondering which other car you're considering as your next car? If you would like to share!
Old 07-27-08, 01:19 PM
lolhaheho
Driver School Candidate

Mine's has that problem too.
So what I do is just put the headlight to AUTO and problem's gone.
Old 07-27-08, 03:37 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

my driver's side just stopped so i might tried some of you guys advice.
Old 12-22-08, 06:44 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

8@$&;@;&(@:@,@()

WTF! My driver side STOCK HID blew out. My passenger side blew out in may of this year. Luckily I am taking the car in for service today. This is very odd. Maybe it's the cold weather or I got a bad batch of Hids from the factory.
Old 12-22-08, 01:10 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tt061880
I would take it to the dealer but i'm at 52k miles, isn't the warranty expired after 50k?
even though it is past, you can always ask the dealer to fix it anyways under warranty. ask them to do it as a good will type thing. if they still wont do it ask them to give you a bigger discount. the dealer i go to offfered to fix some stuff on my car that went bad under warranty even though i was near 53K. well my previous car anyways.
Old 12-22-08, 02:32 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VikH
8@$&;@;&(@:@,@()

WTF! My driver side STOCK HID blew out. My passenger side blew out in may of this year. Luckily I am taking the car in for service today. This is very odd. Maybe it's the cold weather or I got a bad batch of Hids from the factory.
that is odd, and sucks, considering that OEM HID bulbs are rated to last thousands of hours. Do your lights flicker a lot? What did the dealer tell you was the problem last time?

Quick Reply: What is up with my stock HID????????????