IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just wanted to thank everyone for a great time and all your help! Its time to replace

Old 06-02-08, 10:27 AM
lexudv
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad, sad news...

But I know you did it for the right reasons. Good luck !!!!
Old 06-02-08, 10:35 AM
jp350
Rookie

Congrats on the baby! Sorry to see ya go though Mike . In the short time i've been on these CL forums you've been very kind and helpful to me and i'm sure everyone else would agree . I wish you and your family the very best. I'm certain that you will be quite busy in the upcoming months with the new baby and all but don't forget to stop in from time to time to catch up with your other family... the CL family .

John (jp)

Last edited by jp350; 06-02-08 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-02-08, 11:39 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
I have decided to trade in the IS for an SUV for my wife. I will be stuck driving her car for close to a year when the lease is up. My car is a wash to trade it in and hers is upside down Not an easy thing to do but its best for her and my future son due in about 3 mos. Having 2 small cars just wont be so practical...I can and will find a car to replace it with when the time comes. If the 09 IS is something worth wild you may see me back...I will more then likely purchase another make car to have something different.

I want to thank all of you for you help! I hope I was of help to the 2IS community with some of the DIY threads and simply answering questions.

I have enjoyed my time with everyone here!

I will part out some of the stuff but give me time to take them off the car and get things in line first here. I am still waiting to hear back from Lexus to see what they are willing to do. Once that is said and done I will post what I am willing to take off my car and list it in the classified section for those that may be interested.

Thanks
Mike
WHAT!?!?! I was not expecting this so soon. We are losing a great CL member. I understand priorities, especially with a baby on the way. I would have done the same if I were in your shoes. We all gotta meet up before you start parting it out. What about June 14th or 15th? I'll set something up in the Chicago thread.
Old 06-02-08, 11:48 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

though i can imagine how hard it is for you to let go of your is350, i'm sure you'll find your way back into one. seemed like yesterday we were talking about installing s-techs on your car and waiting for the chicago weather to clear up.

good luck w/ your next choice, and the door will always be open when (not if) you come back.
Old 06-02-08, 12:01 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, Mike, I am out of the country for one week and this happens (LOL). I'll call you in a bit.
Old 06-02-08, 12:06 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sucks..

Hope you enjoy yor new SUV and congrats on your baby!

Thanks again for your help for the signal mirrors!

Last edited by J250; 06-02-08 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-02-08, 12:10 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

OMG, Im so sad im going to cry

......Now im stuck with Brian

MIKE LOOK WHAT YOU DID! LOL

Hey Brian! Welcome Back, How was your trip? lol
Old 06-02-08, 12:18 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1st, Congrats on having a kid

NOW...

wth... you just got that car together... and for a SUV??? with the gas prices they have today??? Why SUV??? what about... say a 1IS wagon? then you can at least keep the rims So many beter options out there better than a SUV... i dont understand...
Old 06-02-08, 12:20 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

man that sucks. you were pretty cool. Hopefully you will continue to lurk here on CL for a while.
Old 06-02-08, 12:20 PM
Hakaida
Driver

I have only been an official Lexus owner for a few months, prior to that I had been lurking and reading information on various aspects of the IS. Your posts along with many other member posts, have been a weath of information for me. It's sad to hear that you will be doing away with your nice IS.

Good luck with the next car and congrats on the baby!
Old 06-02-08, 12:28 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MLIAISON

MIKE LOOK WHAT YOU DID! LOL

Hey Brian! Welcome Back, How was your trip? lol

Richie, the car market and economy is very bad, you will have all the power when you make the move to buy. I think you will get the best dealer playing three dealers against each other.
Old 06-02-08, 12:30 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
Since you are parting out your beautiful car, when you get a chance, let me know what front lip you have (I thought I read a post where you mentioned that it was the fab), and how much $$ do you want for it??
Its the NextMod "F" front lip (the rep of the fab lipt) another member posted pics of it on his red IS. I loved it.

Mike I dont want u to go.
Brian has your back dont worry

Originally Posted by mikeho
Sorry to see you go, man. But family comes first and it's admirable for you to make such a willing sacrifice for them. Stay with the community! Hopefully, you'll get a new IS in the future and be back.

That's a sweet looking ride. What's the list of mods that you've done to it? I won't start asking for parts until you've gotten everything taken care of and listed them. Respect.
5k HID fogs/Navi Hack/ML DVD in motion/JDM side turn signals/Work T1S rims/PS2 Tires/Silver CF interior/TeinS springs/CF FAB(real deal) rear canards/Tanabe Exhaust think thats about it all...

Originally Posted by LongGS4
what kind of wheels are those?
Work T1S...

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Congrats Mike!

Which SUV are you planning to get?
Lexus RX350 if all goes well. My buddy owns the dealer so I am sure it will happen in the next few weeks here. I need time to take off what makes sense of course on the IS.

Thanks Phil!

Originally Posted by ba-b4
wow you sure modded your it up a lot on a leased car. You sure your dealer wont be upset with that aftermarket kit stuck on there?
So long its back to OEM it doesn't matter. Helps that I know the owners of the dealer! OEM springs and rims...ect will be back in the car! I kept it all in my garage.

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
WHAT!?!?! I was not expecting this so soon. We are losing a great CL member. I understand priorities, especially with a baby on the way. I would have done the same if I were in your shoes. We all gotta meet up before you start parting it out. What about June 14th or 15th? I'll set something up in the Chicago thread.
Yes I would like something like this! Photos and memories before I let it go

Thanks Vik!

Originally Posted by projectdna
though i can imagine how hard it is for you to let go of your is350, i'm sure you'll find your way back into one. seemed like yesterday we were talking about installing s-techs on your car and waiting for the chicago weather to clear up.

good luck w/ your next choice, and the door will always be open when (not if) you come back.
yes I do recall and very much appreciated your help!! They where just as you told me! Its great members like you why I stayed around for the first time on any forum!

Originally Posted by Brian231
Wow, Mike, I am out of the country for one week and this happens (LOL). I'll call you in a bit.
You didnt invite me to go so I was very hurt!! HAHA...you knew this was kind of coming sooner or later.

Originally Posted by Muggy

Thanks again for your help for the signal mirrors!
Your Welcome! My pleasure!

I will stick around even if its not a Lexus. I am more then happy to still help out. I am not leaving CL

Its possible after many emails today with my buddy that they could work out something on her car and I keep mine! I seriously dont see it be the financial decision so I am 99.5% sure the IS is gone in the next few weeks.

I do appreciate all the kind comments! The car can and will be replaced in the near Future! I have my energy focused on more important things for the time being!

Mike
Old 06-02-08, 12:30 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian231
Richie, the car market and economy is very bad, you will have all the power when you make the move to buy. I think you will get the best dealer playing three dealers against each other.
Yes i know!! Im placing my Special Order In December. With the economy being in such bad shape, I will get an amazing deal when the time comes.

Thank goodness.....
Old 06-02-08, 12:35 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

AHHHHH RX350... *whew* ok thats a relief, its all good then They have a wald kit for them
Old 06-02-08, 12:38 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

At least you kept in the family (the new car), and for the best reason possible. Only shame is that such a clean looking IS goes back to stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just wanted to thank everyone for a great time and all your help! Its time to replace