IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Door Ding Dilemma!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 11:02 AM
Gr8Dane
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Ding Dilemma!

I park my car in the back of the parking lot at work with all of the other guys. We all double park diagonally next to each other as to not ding one another’s cars. My spot is in the corner where there is lawn on two sides of the car. When I got in my car Friday evening I noticed a ding and a scratch about an inch and a half long on my rear drivers’ side door. I have a black IS and it stuck out like a sore thumb, and it was about four inches below the window. The only people that were back there that day were the guys that mow the lawn, and I have lawn scraps all over the other side of my car.

I am positive that the lawn guys did it, but I have no Idea how to approach the lawn service about getting my car fixed. Obviously I can't prove it, so what do I do. I think that one of them hit my car with a weed wacker or a blower while working around my car.

Any thoughts welcomed,
Dane
Old 05-26-08, 11:12 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

are there cameras? If you do accuse them and they deny, more than likely they WILL key up your car next time--on purpose...........
Old 05-26-08, 11:16 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Does you building have security cameras that might have captured the incident on tape? Without evidence, it's unlikely that the lawn service will be willing to accept responsibility.
Old 05-26-08, 11:59 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gr8Dane
I park my car in the back of the parking lot at work with all of the other guys. We all double park diagonally next to each other as to not ding one another’s cars. My spot is in the corner where there is lawn on two sides of the car. When I got in my car Friday evening I noticed a ding and a scratch about an inch and a half long on my rear drivers’ side door. I have a black IS and it stuck out like a sore thumb, and it was about four inches below the window. The only people that were back there that day were the guys that mow the lawn, and I have lawn scraps all over the other side of my car.

I am positive that the lawn guys did it, but I have no Idea how to approach the lawn service about getting my car fixed. Obviously I can't prove it, so what do I do. I think that one of them hit my car with a weed wacker or a blower while working around my car.

Any thoughts welcomed,
Dane

is there any color left in scratch? if you can find some paint that is not your car, try to see what lawn cutter they use, and if it has same colour (on handle or similar height to sratch), try to come out and just without giving getting suspicious go by their law cutters and see it they have some scartch or even your black paint left. If u find obvious proof, calmly go to their manager or someone higher and get him to the same cutter and your car and explain all situation. If he agrees that this is your fault, then u might get refund, if not, call police to fix proof...just what I would do.

In other case, it is same as blowing agains the wind...
Old 05-26-08, 01:09 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe they kicked up a rock from the weedwacker