IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Should I be pissed? Need your thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-08, 03:15 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Should I be pissed? Need your thoughts.

Took my car in Sat. for the dash rattle TSB's. As some of you may know I have nitrous, an Apexi SAFC, and various other mods to my 350. Well when I picked my car up today I noticed that the tech had returned my car to stock!
They unwired my nitrous, set all my custom SAFC fuel setting back to zero, unwired my Nav hack, unwired my NOS bottle heater, and the most annoying thing is the seat belt ding is back. Most of this is just my time and labor, but the Apexi SAFC was tuned on the dyno and I will have to return to the dyno to retune. This costs $$$$$$$.
Should I be pissed about this? And better yet should I ask the dealer to pay for the retune? I'm not leasing the car I own it. This is my car. Also I'm not the type of person that would take my car in for warranty claims that I caused. (like motor problems from the nitrous) I guess "should I be pissed "isn't the right question; because as I'm typing this I realize I am pissed. Should I cause a fuss or just suck it up and spend my weekend remodding my car again?
Old 04-28-08, 03:22 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow!! that us messed up!!! they didnt even ask you!!
you need to go up there and raise hell! they had no right to do that!
you spent time and money and they should have to hook everything back up and pay for a new dyno tune..

i would be furious
Old 04-28-08, 03:26 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

The thing is I can picture the tech now cussing me and complaining about every mod. I feel like I've been disrespected also.
Old 04-28-08, 03:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Definitely talk to your service advisor / service manager about it... you have a right to be POd.

They made no mention of it when you picked up your car?

If there was someone there you trusted, I'd ask for them to reconnect it all (not the same mechanic).
Old 04-28-08, 03:30 PM
APBT4Me
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Definitely talk to your service advisor / service manager about it... you have a right to be POd.

They made no mention of it when you picked up your car?

If there was someone there you trusted, I'd ask for them to reconnect it all (not the same mechanic).

i agree, you should talk to your service advisor. that is messed up and they should have consulted you before returning your car to stock. if you didnt ask them to do that then they performed a service that was not requested. i would be upset and definately be talking to someone in management regarding the issue.
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Took my car in Sat. for the dash rattle TSB's. As some of you may know I have nitrous, an Apexi SAFC, and various other mods to my 350. Well when I picked my car up today I noticed that the tech had returned my car to stock!
They unwired my nitrous, set all my custom SAFC fuel setting back to zero, unwired my Nav hack, unwired my NOS bottle heater, and the most annoying thing is the seat belt ding is back. Most of this is just my time and labor, but the Apexi SAFC was tuned on the dyno and I will have to return to the dyno to retune. This costs $$$$$$$.
Should I be pissed about this? And better yet should I ask the dealer to pay for the retune? I'm not leasing the car I own it. This is my car. Also I'm not the type of person that would take my car in for warranty claims that I caused. (like motor problems from the nitrous) I guess "should I be pissed "isn't the right question; because as I'm typing this I realize I am pissed. Should I cause a fuss or just suck it up and spend my weekend remodding my car again?
Dang Jeremy. first the egg-throwers, now this.

Seriously, though, I would have a good talk with the service manager. They may have the right to mess with something that's needed in order to fix something else, but I don't think they have the right to return it in a way that it wasn't at first.

I would regain my cool, then go in there and talk professionally to the service manager.

There may be a simple reason for it. Maybe they didn't feel comfortable working on the car with the bottle heater and NOS connected, so they disconnected it. Maybe the NAV hack was disconnected to take out the radio to fix the dash. And, since I know that the Apexi is the worst part of the deal, is it possible that it got reset (ie- if the battery was disconnected).

So, I would just talk reasonably with the service manager, and see what they say. They may have had a good reason to disconnect the stuff, but I think they also have a duty to return it to the way it was.

Last edited by mikes rx; 04-28-08 at 03:33 PM.
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had my seatbelt buzzer reset when they did the dash rattle TSB. I assumed that it had something to do with disconnecting the batery, not affirmatively resetting it.

But that other stuff is messed up. It's one thing if they say "we won't touch it because of the mods", but to remove them--not cool.

You SHOULD be pissed.
Old 04-28-08, 03:31 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

I had a 16yr old kid bring me the keys and a bag of cookies. He said thanks. I also arrived at 5pm today and everyone else was also tring to pick their cars up. So I never spoke to anyone. The rattles are fixed tho.
Old 04-28-08, 03:32 PM
TEN TIL 4
Rookie

wow! they have absolutley no right to mess with anything on your car, unless you tell them to! I have NEVER heard of anything like this before!
Old 04-28-08, 03:33 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikes rx

BTW, I know that the Apexi is the worst part of the deal. Is it possible that it got reset (ie- if the battery was disconnected).
Nope Eprom.... retains memory. I'm starting to think that a "rookie" tech may have done the work and may not have known how to wire the stuff back the proper way so just left it unwired. The funny thing is the whole ride home I saw the fuse to the nitrous laying on the pass floor and thought that isn't the right size fuse for anything on the car. Ha I guess it wasn't.

Last edited by HKS350; 04-28-08 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-28-08, 03:37 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Nope Eprom.... retains memory
What's Eprom

BTW, i edited my post. It *could* be possible that they disconnected that stuff to be more "safe" while working on the car.
Old 04-28-08, 03:41 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

All I can say is thats F'ed up no way in hell can they change what you have done to your car. Can you day law suite on the dealer, if they don't fix what they changed.
Old 04-28-08, 03:45 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

I could uderstand the fuse being pulled, but left unwired? Also the Nav hack disable? Why? Godddddddddddd! I'm getting pissed again

I'm going to call tommrow. I'm sure they did it for some reason. I probly just got the one "COP" in the place. Every workplace has one.

Last edited by HKS350; 04-28-08 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-28-08, 04:00 PM
IS350Livin
Pit Crew

I would raise holy hell in a very professional tackful way. Screaming doesn't work, but I would not let that go at all!!!!! That's f-ed up
Old 04-28-08, 04:06 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I would have them pay for everything to get back what it was.....

Quick Reply: Should I be pissed? Need your thoughts.