Old 04-25-08, 05:11 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Question 2IS aftermarket stereo question thread

I have a IS350 NON-ML system.

The items I am installing is

One Polk Audio 12" SR124 (single voice coil) sub in a 4080 box

Alpine PDX-1.600 mono amp = Amplifier Class D; Low-Pass Crossover; Frequency 50-200 Hz; Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave) 24 dB/oct

PAC Trunk-LOC 2 ch line converter

I searched 8+ pages on CL and am still unsure of signal I want to tap into.

Do you recommend:

Tap into both factory sub lines (Pink (+) and Sky Blue (-) or Brown (+) and Light Green(-)

Tap into one factory sub line and only the dr front door speaker line (if so, Pink (+) and Sky Blue (-) for the sub, what are the color of the cables going from the factory NON_ML amp for the driver's front speakers?)

Tap into both driver and pass. front speaker lines (if so, what are the colors from the factory NON-ML amp?)

Any comments and/or pictures would be a plus

Thanks

Last edited by WhatYaGot; 04-25-08 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-25-08, 05:18 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd use the sub lines. less wiring and you already know the proper colors. it will work fine. do you have a sub out put level control on your stock head unit? it's been a while since i was in a 2is... if so, then you'll be able to control your sub volume from your hu just like stock. if not, no big deal.
Old 04-25-08, 05:22 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Originally Posted by 19psi
i'd use the sub lines. less wiring and you already know the proper colors. it will work fine. do you have a sub out put level control on your stock head unit? it's been a while since i was in a 2is... if so, then you'll be able to control your sub volume from your hu just like stock. if not, no big deal.
The IS NON-ML radio does not have a Sub output level control. I wish it did.
Old 04-25-08, 06:12 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't recall how I found it and I am not on that site...but if you go in MY.IS there is a thread/post that had all the colors of the wires for the stereo. Not sure if it was ML or nonML?? But try it out to see if that is of help. I have been on there twice so I have no clue where or how I found it?? sorry...

from your options above I would tap the sub lines but the crossover might not be what you need? There are plenty of people on here that have put in a sub so someone should be able to give you some better direction. I think Technique added a sub and had posted info. So did IS_NIICE "Ron" had subs in his car. I just can recall who had ML and who didnt!
Old 04-25-08, 06:50 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a company in Texas that makes custom direct conncet subs in carpeted boxes for the 2gen. If I remember correctly, it connects to the sub out via the external stock amp in the passenger side rear comparment of the trunk. Do a search on here for it. I use to be good at systems and audio mods, but I typically don't mess with this anymore.
Old 04-25-08, 10:03 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
The IS NON-ML radio does not have a Sub output level control. I wish it did.
ok, well still use the factory sub inputs to your LOC. the alpine amp will have a bass control **** anyway, so y ou can use that, as well as the crossover in teh amp. you may want to leave the x over off since the sub is already getting a low pass signal from the stock amp and see how it sounds.
Old 04-25-08, 10:16 AM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone interested in a AudioControl LC8: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...C8+-GRAY-.html
Old 04-25-08, 03:05 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

That will be overkill for what I need
Old 04-26-08, 10:10 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Any others that can help with this?
Old 07-28-08, 10:16 PM
Duckiez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing new 8" sub help..

i m planning to get an 8" pionner shallow sub which is the same depth for the stock sub on the is250 non-ML. with this sub i want to use the Alpine MRP-M500.

to my knowlegde, first i remove the stock sub which has 4 wires connect to it. second i run the power back to the trunk for the alpine amp and also look for a orange wire for remote on/off amp power. third i put the pioneer sub in.
And after that i m totally lost/confuse of wat to do.

this is my first time playing with a audio system. can i get some help please..
Old 12-18-09, 08:11 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Default HELP!!!!! ML conversion!

So I have a 07 IS250 with nav but non ML. Question- I can get the door speakers (front and back) from a ML is250. Will this be a plug and play type application? Is it all he same size. And will it even sound better running on the same non ML amp? I can get all the speakers for around 400. Also if it is not going to sound better with the non ML amp I can get a ML amp for around 150. Total for everything would be about 550. Should I do this? Is it worth the effort and cost?

I would ideally just prefer to do the speakers if it means better quality sound and maybe even more speaker efficiency thus a louder speaker from the same wattage amp.
Old 12-19-09, 05:56 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
So I have a 07 IS250 with nav but non ML. Question- I can get the door speakers (front and back) from a ML is250. Will this be a plug and play type application? Is it all he same size. And will it even sound better running on the same non ML amp? I can get all the speakers for around 400. Also if it is not going to sound better with the non ML amp I can get a ML amp for around 150. Total for everything would be about 550. Should I do this? Is it worth the effort and cost?

I would ideally just prefer to do the speakers if it means better quality sound and maybe even more speaker efficiency thus a louder speaker from the same wattage amp.

Base stereo speakers are 4 ohm, ML speakers are 8 ohm... and they have slightly different power ratings...and the ML amp puts out ~50% more power.

Physically I think the ML speakers will fit fine in the front (though you'll need to add the center one, and maybe run wires for it, not sure).

Rear speakers however are different sizes/locations between the two systems.
Old 12-19-09, 08:07 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think I would spend that much to upgrade my spekaers... sounds good already.... but again if music is ur thing then it might be worth it
Old 12-19-09, 08:20 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
Don't think I would spend that much to upgrade my spekaers... sounds good already.... but again if music is ur thing then it might be worth it
Even then, at those prices would the OP not be better off going aftermarket??

A nice set of Infinity Kappa's will sound amazing, and he doesn't have to go out of his way to modify anything to make them fit...
Old 12-19-09, 09:32 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

to spend that much on ml would not be worth it, like it was stated earlier you will have different ohm levels, and run into problems in the long run there. just get a set of nice component speakers.

Quick Reply: 2IS aftermarket stereo question thread