IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FAQ: Official ISx50 NON-Nav to Nav Swap. Read this FIRST if you want to do the swap!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-17, 08:37 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

PM me for more info and faster respond
Old 06-21-17, 02:45 PM
syed86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I have Lexus es350 Need to know I bought original gps what type of harness I need to display gps and AC BOTTON START WORKING may be this pic help u what I need These to plugs harness I need
Old 07-19-18, 04:00 PM
julythe6ix
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a 2007 IS250 without mark levinson.. will the 2010+ nav systems work with my model?
Old 11-02-19, 04:03 PM
zloi
Driver School Candidate

Good afternoon. please help me. I made swap on ml but there is a problem everything works but there is no sound from dvd uselitel ml dorestail I so understood there is some wire for an output of a digital sound? only I do not understand everything connected according to the scheme and there are no wires on it = (
Old 04-06-20, 04:04 PM
123buffy
Driver School Candidate

Default Sat nav

Originally Posted by PNice972
WILL BE UPDATED MORE AS TIME PROGRESSES AND I GATHER MORE INFORMATION

LAST UPDATE: March 26, 2008 REVISED 2/4/2012

Okay, I just wanted to make this thread because of the fact that every week or so it seems, I am seeing someone on the forums asking about this swap. I am only providing this information as a courtesy for our members because this is indeed a popular subject, so enough with that,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can it be done? YES [Check second post for tutorial] Special thanks to 350PsDMeuP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it simply a swap out of the consoles from the non-nav to nav? NO

Can I just buy all the parts and do it myself? YES [This will be elaborated]

-The most common question that is asked on this forum is, "is it simple?" the answer to that can be answered as both yes and no.

YES because of the fact that if you are comfortable with opening up your dash, both including the center console area where the shifter and cup holder is all the way up to the whole A/C and radio unit. You will also need to take out the glove box to reach the CAN communication area on the passenger side and the under cover on the drivers side to get access to the OBD2 connector and reverse wire. You will also need to have access to the Factory amp to run the wire for the voice directions that will play the nav speeches. Last but not least the steering wheel airbag and overhead sunroof switches will need to be removed as well to run the wire for the mic and the steering wheel switches.

NO because you have to tap into your factory wires with the nav harness [if provided] to get the nav to see your A/C controls and speed sensor and other sensors.

BEAR IN MIND THIS IS VERY CONDENSED and you will need to study the electrical systems of the 2IS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you subscribe to the TIS and do some homework as i did.

What will i need to get the swap done? YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING PARTS:

-NAVIGATION SCREEN

-CD PLAYER OR DVD PLAYER [AKA ML DVD PLAYER] Thats if you want to play movies in your car

-NAVIGATION WIRING HARNESS [THIS WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MUCH MUCH MUCH EASIER FOR THE SWAP] OPTIONAL BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET IT RIGHT IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS

-OVERHEAD MIC

-STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS

-GPS ANTENNA

-TIS WIRING MANUAL

What are my options on having this installed becuase I don't want to attempt this?!

Well. you have a very limited choice of options. First one, which is the one I have used to get this swap possible was the user on this forums named, lexusaudio. He goes goes by egusman on ebay. That is where i first got my taste of the nav swap. That is all the info I will provide. The other option would be to get in contact with the few members that have done this mod. I am planning on doing a list of everyone that has done it on this forum.

How much will this all cost???

-Lexus DealerThe most expensive way and probably what 99 percent of you will not go about doing is getting it from your local dealer. Just a taste of what you will look at paying straight out of your stealership for the nav screen is around 8 grand, give or take alittle. Nuff said. If you want to take this route, you must be ballinnnnnnnn.

-eBay This is probably where 99 percent of you will get the parts. As you probably see daily, the nav unit is constantly being auctioned off on eBay. One thing i will warn you though is most of these sellers are advertising "NAVIGATION FOR YOUR NON NAVIGATION IS" when in fact with just the unit, you will have nothing but a large heavy paper weight. You WILL need the proper wiring or else this little project will become a huge mess. MAKE SURE YOU GET THESE ITEMS IN THE AUCTION ALONG WITH THE ACTUAL UNIT ITSELF, the nav wiring harness!!!! that is very important!!! All in all, you are looking at around 1,500 all the way up to 3,000 USD for just the parts alone depending on the configuration and what is included. I have seen some auctions include everything, including the ML amp and all the speakers, it ended at around 2,500 USD which is a steal!

-egusman This is the route I took with my non nav to nav venture. egusman is an experienced OEM nav/electronics guy. He does nothing but Lexus/Toyota navigation swaps and has been doing for a long time. I will leave this at this and you will have to do some homework as to where you can find him. TOTAL COST: 3,000 USD. Could be more or less as I did mine a year ago.

Bear in mind that i did the full swap successfully to my 2006 IS250 RWD. I had a premium package option only IS and added the factory Navigation with DVD player and have full bluetooth handsfree, dvd movies, steering wheel buttons working with voice guidance. There are also a few others that have done this full mod as well.

In the end, is it worth it? well, to me, it was. A lot of people will say to just buy another car but that just wasn't an option for me and besides that point, i think i got to know a lot more about my cars electronics and wouldn't have it any other way.
Where can you buy the wiring for is sat nav
Old 10-12-20, 06:47 PM
AshleyRose
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PNice972
WILL BE UPDATED MORE AS TIME PROGRESSES AND I GATHER MORE INFORMATION

LAST UPDATE: March 26, 2008 REVISED 2/4/2012

Okay, I just wanted to make this thread because of the fact that every week or so it seems, I am seeing someone on the forums asking about this swap. I am only providing this information as a courtesy for our members because this is indeed a popular subject, so enough with that,

Can it be done? YES [Check second post for tutorial] Special thanks to 350PsDMeuP

Is it simply a swap out of the consoles from the non-nav to nav? NO

Can I just buy all the parts and do it myself? YES [This will be elaborated]

-The most common question that is asked on this forum is, "is it simple?" the answer to that can be answered as both yes and no.

YES because of the fact that if you are comfortable with opening up your dash, both including the center console area where the shifter and cup holder is all the way up to the whole A/C and radio unit. You will also need to take out the glove box to reach the CAN communication area on the passenger side and the under cover on the drivers side to get access to the OBD2 connector and reverse wire. You will also need to have access to the Factory amp to run the wire for the voice directions that will play the nav speeches. Last but not least the steering wheel airbag and overhead sunroof switches will need to be removed as well to run the wire for the mic and the steering wheel switches.

NO because you have to tap into your factory wires with the nav harness [if provided] to get the nav to see your A/C controls and speed sensor and other sensors.

BEAR IN MIND THIS IS VERY CONDENSED and you will need to study the electrical systems of the 2IS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you subscribe to the TIS and do some homework as i did.

What will i need to get the swap done? YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING PARTS:

-NAVIGATION SCREEN

-CD PLAYER OR DVD PLAYER [AKA ML DVD PLAYER] Thats if you want to play movies in your car

-NAVIGATION WIRING HARNESS [THIS WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MUCH MUCH MUCH EASIER FOR THE SWAP] OPTIONAL BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET IT RIGHT IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS

-OVERHEAD MIC

-STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS

-GPS ANTENNA

-TIS WIRING MANUAL

What are my options on having this installed becuase I don't want to attempt this?!

Well. you have a very limited choice of options. First one, which is the one I have used to get this swap possible was the user on this forums named, lexusaudio. He goes goes by egusman on ebay. That is where i first got my taste of the nav swap. That is all the info I will provide. The other option would be to get in contact with the few members that have done this mod. I am planning on doing a list of everyone that has done it on this forum.

How much will this all cost???

-Lexus DealerThe most expensive way and probably what 99 percent of you will not go about doing is getting it from your local dealer. Just a taste of what you will look at paying straight out of your stealership for the nav screen is around 8 grand, give or take alittle. Nuff said. If you want to take this route, you must be ballinnnnnnnn.

-eBay This is probably where 99 percent of you will get the parts. As you probably see daily, the nav unit is constantly being auctioned off on eBay. One thing i will warn you though is most of these sellers are advertising "NAVIGATION FOR YOUR NON NAVIGATION IS" when in fact with just the unit, you will have nothing but a large heavy paper weight. You WILL need the proper wiring or else this little project will become a huge mess. MAKE SURE YOU GET THESE ITEMS IN THE AUCTION ALONG WITH THE ACTUAL UNIT ITSELF, the nav wiring harness!!!! that is very important!!! All in all, you are looking at around 1,500 all the way up to 3,000 USD for just the parts alone depending on the configuration and what is included. I have seen some auctions include everything, including the ML amp and all the speakers, it ended at around 2,500 USD which is a steal!

-egusman This is the route I took with my non nav to nav venture. egusman is an experienced OEM nav/electronics guy. He does nothing but Lexus/Toyota navigation swaps and has been doing for a long time. I will leave this at this and you will have to do some homework as to where you can find him. TOTAL COST: 3,000 USD. Could be more or less as I did mine a year ago.

Bear in mind that i did the full swap successfully to my 2006 IS250 RWD. I had a premium package option only IS and added the factory Navigation with DVD player and have full bluetooth handsfree, dvd movies, steering wheel buttons working with voice guidance. There are also a few others that have done this full mod as well.

In the end, is it worth it? well, to me, it was. A lot of people will say to just buy another car but that just wasn't an option for me and besides that point, i think i got to know a lot more about my cars electronics and wouldn't have it any other way.
hi I was wondering if you could help me find a wiring harness?
Old 12-05-21, 02:07 PM
juanjo85
Driver School Candidate

hello, I have managed to install the equipment with navi but I don't know how to activate or connect the reversing camera in the navi ... does anyone know?