IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS 350 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 11:53 AM
Ace00
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goodyear Eagle F1's All season

I am loving the handling and the grip. (Plus it looks sick from the back)

I went to discounttire.com

Paid alittle over 1,000.00 includes the setup and the road and hazard thing.

I changed my tires at 30k.
Old 03-26-08, 08:52 PM
Shaft350
Driver

Originally Posted by Ace00
Goodyear Eagle F1's All season

I am loving the handling and the grip. (Plus it looks sick from the back)

I went to discounttire.com

Paid alittle over 1,000.00 includes the setup and the road and hazard thing.

I changed my tires at 30k.

DITTO...!!!!

i jus installed these today and i love them.. i also payed over around 1000 for everything...
go to discounttire or americastire and get them to pricematch tireracks price..
Old 03-26-08, 09:15 PM
WANT AN IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cali2is
Which tire is better between the PS2's and the F1 DS3's?? I can't seem to decide. I like the F1's better, but quite a few people here have the PS2's and like them a lot.
The PS2's are MUCH MUCH better than the Eagle F1 GS-D3's! But my favorite tire would have to be the bridgestone S-03's!!! Too bad their discontinued
Old 08-10-11, 12:10 PM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pivo154
I just went in for my 15,000 mile maintainence which cost me 208$ but the dealer said I needed all new tires. He quoted me 271 dollars each for the front tires and 318 each for the rear. Does this seem a bit high? Is there any other tire that can be used for cheaper? There must be some alternative that can be done instead of spending over thousand dollars just on tires....
One of the best max performance summer tires going for the Lexus IS350 w/18" option is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. This tire expands on the PS2 technology with new rubber compounds and an industry first using preloaded tread plies. Overall wet and dry grip has been improved and with another industry first Michelin has warranted these new Super Sport tires for 30K miles, this means an outstanding 30% tread life increase over the PS2 tire.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

If you enjoy the speed and responsiveness of your IS350 but don't push the car to the limits of its ability there is an ultra high performance Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport that is perfect. This tire is one of the smoothest, quietest riding ultra high performance summer tires you can get. Dry and wet traction are still impeccable but does need to be dialed down a notch when compared to the Michelins. The Bridgestone is also a very good value, because Bridgestone will usually price this tire very competitively, which is quite a bit less than the Super Sports and usually similar to even "value line" tires.

Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

Last edited by zig@tr; 08-10-11 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-10-11, 12:51 PM
mkhaira
Rookie

Dont go to a Stealership....i mean Dealership.. im sure you can find cheaper ones. i live in canada. order great tires from tirerack for mine for a very good price, even though i paid for Duty and Shipping. plus tirerack.com has reviews so you can see what other have to say
Old 08-10-11, 03:20 PM
MBTC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New tires every 15k miles? Jeez you guys must be driving like a bat outta hell

I've got 15k on mine and the original front tires are barely worn, back tires like new. Recently got a loaner IS 250 from the dealership with exact same mileage, and the slight wear pattern on the front tires was identical to mine (which surprised me given the transient driver population of a dealership loaner like that).

Higher HP does chew through tires quicker, as I learned from my prior car which had a lot more HP than my 250.
Old 08-10-11, 03:41 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, do this.. go to tirerack.com and pick the tires you want then go to america's tire or discount tires near you. Tell them to price match tire rack price. I got mine hankook v12 for $680 installed with tpms rebuild(18's staggers oem)
Old 08-10-11, 08:37 PM
CleverName
Pole Position

Cant agree with those posting how nice the F1 A/S are.... Ran them on my 350 for about 5 months and they are still on the factory rims stacked against the back wall of my garage. Pure garbage in the handling arena.

If an All Season is all your looking for, then go check out the RE760s as mentioned earlier. I've owned compounds above and below the 760 (RE960 and G 019's) and would not hesitate at a set of 760s today.
Another A/S tire worthy of mention, the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Had a chance to toss an Audi on some wicked back roads shod with these and I as really impressed as I cornered through standing water.

Having driven for over 35 years, having run everything from cheap Falkens to Yoko 008R2's I'm pretty much a Bridgestone man now and run a summer/winter setup for the last several cars. Truly the best way to go by far if you enjoy driving.

My current setup: Summer on RE-11's (Simply rated as the best and in a league of their own) For Winter I use Bilzzak LM-60 to get my son and I up to the ski slopes and back. The IS350 tends to easily overpower the Blizzaks which may have me researching a slightly more ridged compound on my next set of winter shoes. (The DWS were impressive and I may be tempted to try a set.)

Another point is online shopping. I get prices online and then get my local dealer to price match. Keeping the money in your community helps your community. The price I ask them to match is not the online price, but the "shipped" price. Shopping by online price without adding shipping cost is just plain stupid. I have walked into Firestone and told them "I can have these tires at my door for $XXX... How close can you get?"
They then match that. They are happy, I'm happy, and my community is happy that I didn't give my money to some out of state warehouse shipping from in Snakes Navel, AZ

BOL in your decisions,
V
Old 08-11-11, 12:11 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by MBTC
New tires every 15k miles? Jeez you guys must be driving like a bat outta hell
I thought I was gonna be the only one that noticed that! LOL My OE tires were still on the car at 31k with a little life left! Now have KDWs and LOVE THEM!
Old 08-11-11, 12:13 PM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just replaced my OEs at 26.5 k....i guess milage does vary lol
Old 08-11-11, 12:49 PM
yangster
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by projectdna
...rebuilding my TPMS...
OK, there are a couple comments in here about rebuilding/programming TPMS with new tires. Why are these being rebuilt or reprogrammed? If the mechanic knows what he is doing and is careful, is there something that is happening that requires this work??

When I had my BMW tires and with a recent change on my MB, no TPMS work was required. Are Lexus TPMS's that fragile?

Thanks.
Old 08-11-11, 01:37 PM
MBTC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
I thought I was gonna be the only one that noticed that! LOL My OE tires were still on the car at 31k with a little life left! Now have KDWs and LOVE THEM!
Do you have a 250 or 350? Also curious if you have 17 or 18" wheels, RWD or AWD.

I'm guessing I would eat through tires faster with a 350. My prior car seemed to find me driving more aggressively unless I made a conscious effort not to. The 250 has done a better job of keeping me free of speeding tickets, using less gas, less rock dings on the hood and lower tire usage, knock on wood.
Old 08-11-11, 02:08 PM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mong
Okay, do this.. go to tirerack.com and pick the tires you want then go to america's tire or discount tires near you. Tell them to price match tire rack price. I got mine hankook v12 for $680 installed with tpms rebuild(18's staggers oem)
^^^^This is the only way anyone should buy tires. I've bought my last 4 sets of tires this way. However I did not have them price match tirerack but rather onlinetires.com as they were cheaper. Find the cheapest place to by your tires online and bring them into dsicount tire and they will match. Sometimes they want to add shipping charges but if you fight it they will give in. I bought my Continental DWS's for $678 out the door.

Now as far as tires are concerned I love Michelin but IMO they are overpriced. For the money the DWS's are the best A/S tire you can get and are very comparable to the PS2's. They have a 50,000 mile warranty and are a great all season tire. I live in Chicago so i've been through 2 very harsh winter seasons driving in 6 inches of snow or more in a 350 rwd. I had no problems whatsoever with these tires. In the summer I take my car to the track and ran my best time yet a 13.21 on these same tires. The lateral grip is great too as I have the F Sport springs. I will continue to buy these tires for my 350 until the car is no more.

BTW...I'm on 30,000 miles so far on this very set and I still have 65-75% tread remaining. I don't drive like a grandma either. I expect these to last over the 50,000 mile warranty. However I do drive 90% highway with little to no turns so this is likely the case for the longer life.

Last edited by my95tsi; 08-11-11 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-11-11, 03:19 PM
ISThree
Lead Lap

for southern california drivers, go with all season or summer only?
Old 08-11-11, 03:36 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISThree
for southern california drivers, go with all season or summer only?
Summer tires.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS 350 Tires