IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

TSB's for interior rattles and noises.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 09:48 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TSB's for interior rattles and noises.

I tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with a thread that listed the TSB's for the various noises the interior may make. I believe there are at least two if not three for the dash. Can anyone list the TSB numbers here? I'd like to make sure the dealership knows about them when I call them to try to fix the noises that my dash makes when going over bumps when it is very cold out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-08, 10:03 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
I tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with a thread that listed the TSB's for the various noises the interior may make. I believe there are at least two if not three for the dash. Can anyone list the TSB numbers here? I'd like to make sure the dealership knows about them when I call them to try to fix the noises that my dash makes when going over bumps when it is very cold out.

Thanks in advance.
Look around on http://lexustsb.com/
Old 03-13-08, 10:15 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the link. I found the TSB for the dash clicking related to the clips around the windshield. However, there was nothing listed for the center speaker and dash vents. I thought that I had read here that some CL members had TSB's done on those sources of noise as well.
Old 03-13-08, 10:36 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I got my center speaker fixed.....PM me if you need more info
Old 03-13-08, 12:13 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All interior Dash "Noise Kit" and seat rail clips TSIB's are posted, just do a simple search.
Old 03-13-08, 02:14 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Do you have this one? TSB TSIB NV003-06 or #NV003-06
Attached Files
Old 03-13-08, 03:13 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

next question: are you willing to let them tear your car apart ?????
Old 03-13-08, 05:37 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The big question is: why didn't Lexus keep their quality standards up to par so we don't have to deal with this crap? I feel like I'm driving a Saturn with all these rattles.

Lexus can do better. As a matter of fact, everything they made from inception of the brand until 1995 was like a vault. The next time you find yourself rationalizing the squeaks and rattles in the IS, go take a ride in a 5 year old Lexus - any one of them. You'll be pissed.
Old 03-14-08, 08:35 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 15951
The big question is: why didn't Lexus keep their quality standards up to par so we don't have to deal with this crap? I feel like I'm driving a Saturn with all these rattles.

Lexus can do better. As a matter of fact, everything they made from inception of the brand until 1995 was like a vault. The next time you find yourself rationalizing the squeaks and rattles in the IS, go take a ride in a 5 year old Lexus - any one of them. You'll be pissed.
Sad but true. I think the dash TSIB is a must for everyone. I was going to take the dash apart myself because I was so annoyed by the constant popping sound that sounded like a rock hitting the windshield at 50mph. Thank God for the TSIB.
Old 03-14-08, 11:20 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

Originally Posted by 15951

Yup. Had I known about the current state of Lexus quality I might have bought something else. That's not to say I expect other manufacturers to be quieter, just that I would have given the other choices slightly stronger consideration.

You don't need the TSIB to have the dealer fix the noises. I don't think there is a TSIB for 07 and up dash noises. I had the dealer fix the 3 different dash rattle, noises my 07 IS350 was making and they didn't come back They tried at first telling me "all sports cars make these kinds of noises", but I made them listen to the noises and fix them. They claimed they could only hear the dash noises not the other weird noises coming from the passenger area so they only fixed the dash. But thats okay it was the squeaking around instrument panel that was driving me batty.

But I also had them install the aux line noise filter TSIB L-AU001-07 now I have new creaking noises from the center console when I step on the gas or brake.
At least that shouldn't be hard to fix properly, I'll fix it myself one of these weekends.
Old 03-14-08, 12:12 PM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Do you have this one? TSB TSIB NV003-06 or #NV003-06
Yikes, can you believe the disassembly required for this simple fix that could have been done at the factory by now..? Instead of having the dealer rip apart the dash and the real possibility of creating new rattles, all that was required; at least for me, was to increase the gap between the windshield and the dash pad, thus creating upward pressure on the clip. This is in regards to the center-speaker creak that happens w/it's cold out, and only required the removal of the center speaker grill. the fix it totally transparent once the grill is back on.

Unfortunately for me, there was no way I could get the center speaker grill out w/out marring/damaging the dash pad [I sacrificed the speaker grill], but the dealer replaced it for me for free - however it was only $35.00 anyhow.
Old 03-15-08, 09:51 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-MIKE
Yup. Had I known about the current state of Lexus quality I might have bought something else. That's not to say I expect other manufacturers to be quieter, just that I would have given the other choices slightly stronger consideration.

You don't need the TSIB to have the dealer fix the noises. I don't think there is a TSIB for 07 and up dash noises. I had the dealer fix the 3 different dash rattle, noises my 07 IS350 was making and they didn't come back They tried at first telling me "all sports cars make these kinds of noises", but I made them listen to the noises and fix them. They claimed they could only hear the dash noises not the other weird noises coming from the passenger area so they only fixed the dash. But thats okay it was the squeaking around instrument panel that was driving me batty.

But I also had them install the aux line noise filter TSIB L-AU001-07 now I have new creaking noises from the center console when I step on the gas or brake.
At least that shouldn't be hard to fix properly, I'll fix it myself one of these weekends.
There is a TSIB for the 07's. I had mine fixed and I also had the noise-filter. I am much happier now.
Old 08-28-13, 09:00 AM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

I have a 2011 IS and I heard a popping noise for the first time 3 weeks ago... it happened after I parked in the hot sun with no windshield visor during my lunch break, so I heard the noise driving back to work. I got back to work frustrated and told myself I'd raise the issue if it continued. When I got back in my car to drive home, there was no noise... and I haven't really heard it since but I'm also OCD about always having my windshield visor on.

Seems like I might have to test this "sun" or "heat" issue and see if it triggers the noise again.
Old 09-03-13, 08:29 AM
Briitini
Rookie

my 13 is doing this......... i thought they redesigned!!!!!!! so pissed!!!
Old 09-03-13, 11:08 AM
vapid2323
Pole Position

All cars have these noises its nearly impossible to eliminate them all.

Quick Reply: TSB's for interior rattles and noises.