IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupid Lexus Dealer Rant time

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 01:21 PM
08mica
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Lexus Dealer Rant time

So I bought an 08 IS250 in the middle of January. I got a smoking deal on it because my sister works for toyota and I got the family discount. Well I get a message yesterday for the Sales Manager to call him. Check my email and have one of those too. No I'm thinking WTF? I bought this thing almost two months ago. Well after a couple of emails I get this today:

"Thanks for the reply. Here's the deal - as you know an employee purchase has exact pricing "picked" off of the factory invoice and placed on the employee purchase form. My understanding is that you wanted to know what your final price was going to be (as you should) when the car was allocated. Since no paper invoice existed when the car was allocated, my sales manager Amy went into Lexus computer to pull it up. The invoice on-line is not the same as a paper invoice - all numbers are there but in different locations than she is used to. When she filled out the form the initial number was "net" or missing holdback and wholesale reserve, where as the "paper" invoice is not. So we ran the figures without the holdback and reserve, meaning we are due $916.00. When you get here I can show you why it is confusing if you wish. I apologize for have to ask you for money, but those are the facts. Thanks for understanding.

See you later this week.

Ralph "

What to do? Yea right. They screwed up, not me. Papers were signed two months ago and I have the title.
There is nothing they can do.
Old 03-04-08, 01:27 PM
Robbyh
Driver School Candidate

Yea they are SOL. They should of not signed a contract without the correct paperwork.
Old 03-04-08, 01:40 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

You have the title....it's yours. Once you have the pink slip you owe nothing to nobody! That's their fault they f@%ked up. What a bunch of morons!
Old 03-04-08, 01:40 PM
dngo27
Driver

lol... agreed, they are sol.
Old 03-04-08, 01:44 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just ignore his messages and hope it goes away. what happens if you don't agree to that final price... are you allowed to return it and get all your money back? hahah
Old 03-04-08, 01:47 PM
moolman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask them if someone finds a better price 2 months later at another Lexus dealer, do they refund the difference. You already signed a sales contract, they probably did mess up on the price but they are trying to see how stupid you are.
Old 03-04-08, 01:52 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They sold you the car as is for that price! Its a done deal...However you need to take your sister into consideration and make sure this wont penalize her in anyway if you dont pay it. Also think if you want to get another car down the road? just my 2 cents...
Old 03-04-08, 01:54 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

That does not sound right. I cannot see anyone from a Lexus dealer actually writing that to a customer. That is just down right unprofessional and clumsy. If that was really the cause of the difference in $916.00, they should just eat it and move on. $916.00 is nothing to a Lexus dealer when you compare it to customer satisfaction, especially in the sales department.

They messed up. If you have the title I would simply reply and tell them its their fault, and you are not responsible for paying. There is really nothing they can do after the paperwork is signed as far as I know.

That makes a lot of people look really bad. You should contact his higher-up with a copy of this e-mail.

Also, usually (USUALLY) when a sales manager e-mails a customer, or anyone for that matter, they usually include a signature with their name, job title, company name, and means of contact. To sign it simply "Ralph"..? Excuse my language, but tell that dude to get ****ed...

Last edited by onepointon; 03-04-08 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 01:58 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by onepointon

They messed up. If you have the title I would simply reply and tell them its their fault, and you are not responsible for paying. There is really nothing they can do after the paperwork is signed as far as I know.

That makes a lot of people look really bad. You should contact his higher-up with a copy of this e-mail.
+1..........
Old 03-04-08, 01:58 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You owe them nothing.
Old 03-04-08, 01:59 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by moolman
Ask them if someone finds a better price 2 months later at another Lexus dealer, do they refund the difference. You already signed a sales contract, they probably did mess up on the price but they are trying to see how stupid you are.
Wow. I wouldn't ignore him-- I'd reply with exactly this ^^^^. Then tell him if he apologizes for taking you as a moron immediately, you will "consider" not trashing his dealership as totally shady to everyone you know.
Old 03-04-08, 02:35 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree that you owe them nothing, but ignore the advice of others here who suggest you start a verbal war on the dealership. That gets you nothing and just makes an enemy of the dealer. Send a reply by registered mail to the GM that you have signed the contract, have received the title, and that you consider the matter closed. That should end it. You don't want to escalate it to where their lawyers get involved. You may be in the right but it'll cost you to fight it if the lawyers start writing you love notes. Try to avoid it going that far. Sounds like Ralph got himself in a jam with his management for goofing up the pricing and is trying to get you to cough up the money. Just because the dealer is coming across as unprofessional doesn't mean you have to. Keep it civil.

Last edited by Evitzee; 03-04-08 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 02:41 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Agree that you owe them nothing, but ignore the advice of others here who suggest you start a verbal war on the dealership. That gets you nothing and just makes an enemy of the dealer. Send a reply by registered mail that you have signed the contract and have received the title, and that you owe them nothing. That should end it. You don't want to escalate it to where their lawyers get involved. You may be in the right but it'll cost you to fight it if the lawyers get called in. Try to avoid it going that far. Sounds like Ralph got himself in a jam with his management for goofing up the pricing and is trying to get you to cough up the money. Just because the dealer is coming across as unprofessional doesn't mean you have to. Keep it civil.
+1
Old 03-04-08, 02:47 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Agree that you owe them nothing, but ignore the advice of others here who suggest you start a verbal war on the dealership. That gets you nothing and just makes an enemy of the dealer. Send a reply by registered mail to the GM that you have signed the contract, have received the title, and that you consider the matter closed. That should end it. You don't want to escalate it to where their lawyers get involved. You may be in the right but it'll cost you to fight it if the lawyers start writing you love notes. Try to avoid it going that far. Sounds like Ralph got himself in a jam with his management for goofing up the pricing and is trying to get you to cough up the money. Just because the dealer is coming across as unprofessional doesn't mean you have to. Keep it civil.
+1, but I do believe that his higher up needs to know about this interaction. They will want to know about it. The dealership now looks unprofessional, and foolish due to one particular person's poor judgement. Its not about starting a war where lawyers will get involved, I do not believe it will go that far. Its just an unfortunate situation that should be known about.
Old 03-04-08, 03:00 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onepointon
+1, but I do believe that his higher up needs to know about this interaction. They will want to know about it. The dealership now looks unprofessional, and foolish due to one particular person's poor judgement. Its not about starting a war where lawyers will get involved, I do not believe it will go that far. Its just an unfortunate situation that should be known about.
That's why I suggested he send the reply to the General Manager of the dealership, and not directly to Ralph.

Quick Reply: Stupid Lexus Dealer Rant time