IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

BEWARE! XenonDepot "D4S" Bulbs (56k take a nap)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 11:09 AM
yoitsdanny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE! XenonDepot "D4S" Bulbs (56k take a nap)

About 2 motnhs ago I was shopping for D4S bulbs, I didn't do much research and went with XenonDepot since they are on the forums.

The headache started right when I ordered them, took over a month to arrive, never got a tracking number, and they would never reply to PM's/Emails.

Bulbs finally arrive, I put them on, first thing I notice, base of the bulbs has a bunch of wierd "openings", not like the stock one. I install the bulbs, and they would flicker a bit and eventually fully ignite, I thought this was just a break in issue, both the driver one and passenger one did this. Left them on hoping that would go away.

A month later, im driving at night, and one of my headlights goes out, I took a look at the bulb, couldn't think what was wrong with it. I contacted XenonDepot, and im still waiting for a solution/replacement. Each time I email them it takes week for a reply, and when I call it never goes through, I get a voicemail that says they are understaffed and cant answer the phone.

So im driving around with the stock bulb on one side, and an xenondepot bulb on the other side while I wait for Xenondepot to send me a replacement. Few days after my other bulb burned out also, i got really annoyed at the fact, opened it up and I noticed the housing had got all melted up, this time i couldn't put the stock bulb on it. (See pics below). I went back and looked at the old xenon depot bulb and when i really looked at the bulb, i could see that it also had started melting, but it burned out before it melted my whole housing. The bulb that had melting had smogged up my whole headlight assembly and destroyed it all. So far I have spent over $1,000 in replacing the headlight assembly.

After replacing the headlight assembly I ordered bulbs from ACC, I got the bulbs 2 days after I ordered them. First observation that I made about these bulbs is that the base is almost identical to the stock bulb, which made me feel better as to how different the XenonDepot bulb was to the stock one. I put them on, and they turned out right at the start, no flickers nothing, nice bright ignition.

Below are pictures that I took of all 3 bulbs, so you get an idea.

------------

Damage fromt he XenonDepot bulb

Notice how the base melted completely.

----

Comparing the three different bulbs. ACC bulbs on the left, XDepot in the mid, stock on the right.

Notice how the tip of the non destroyed xdepot bulb had also started melting. If i wouldn't had caught it on time it would of destroyed the other headlight assembly

---
ACC bulb top left, Stock bulb is the bottom. Xdepot is the one on the right. Notice how the base of Xdepot bulb is much different then the stock one. The ACC base is almost identical to the stock one.

---

ACC Bulb Vs Xdepot Bulb (Notice how the Xdepot bulb has more of a metal shrine around it, more chances of it causing high temp melt downs

----

Now, im not fully blaming Xenondepot, as i know its not their fault but the fault is of whoever they buy them from to resell them. But I do blame their lack of taking blame and lack of customer service.

Also, im not saying ACC Bulbs are amazing just yet, iv only had them on my car for a day, so far no problems but i will take them off in a few days to see if there are any signs of overheating/melting.

Also, im 100% sure that the bulbs are installed correctly, as there is only one way for them to go in and i have been installing HIDs in my cars for the last 2 years.

If anyone has Xenondepot bulbs, i advise you take them out and check the base tip, to see if they are turning black, melting. A good healthy bulb will still stay silver.

Last edited by yoitsdanny; 02-22-08 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-22-08, 11:12 AM
yoitsdanny
Driver School Candidate

btw, im STILL waiting for a solution/replacement/respond from Xenondepot.
Old 02-22-08, 11:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by yoitsdanny
The headache started right when I ordered them, took over a month to arrive, never got a tracking number, and they would never reply to PM's/Emails..
Danny,

To be fair I don't understand this. If you only joined the forum 12 days ago how could you have PMd Xenon Depot a month ago?

I've alerted the vendor to your issue... if you'd read his posts you would know he was unavailable for an extended period on vacation and has just returned.
Old 02-22-08, 11:44 AM
yoitsdanny
Driver School Candidate

I made a new account. Iv been a member for over a year.
Old 02-22-08, 12:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

You do know that is against the terms of service you agreed to follow when you joined CL. Once you read this post I am disabling this account - you must continue to use your original account only. Creation of a new account can result in fees and complaints to your ISP service.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...les#faq_banned
Multiple Forum IDs Not Allowed / Banned Members
Only one Club Lexus account is allowed per member. Creating an additional or alternative account for ANY purpose puts your entire Club Lexus account at risk of being permanently banned.

If would like to change your username please post a request in the 'name change' thread which can be found at the top of the Site Suggestions and Questions forum. Read and follow the request rules in that post. If you are having problems with your user account or you are having trouble logging in, do not create a new account. Please PM or email an administrator using the email addresses found on the ‘contact us’ page.

Once Club Lexus access is removed from a member, re-joining Club Lexus under a new member name is forever forbidden unless approved by an administrator (the original account will be reactivated if this is the case). Should a banned member attempt to re-join the forum illegally, Club Lexus has the right to contact the banned member’s ISP or corporate webmaster with a request to remove service and the right to take legal action against the banned member.

IMPORTANT NOTICE to Banned Users: If you have been suspended or banned by Club Lexus and attempt to register again using some means to get around the ban such as using another email address, you agree to a $5,000 dollar reinstatement fee. By clicking on the checkbox ‘I have read, and agree to abide by the Club Lexus Forums rules’ to rejoin Club Lexus you have formally agreed to pay this fee. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in a court of law in a state selected by Club Lexus. Your continued access to the forums is not guaranteed by payment of this fee, nor are you excused from meticulously following the forum rules outlined in this document.
I've given Xenon Depot a heads up about your issue and they are aware of it, please contact them via email or phone to let them know you are "Dan from TX" as they will not be able to respond to this account once I ban it.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-22-08 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-22-08, 12:15 PM
TheCoupe
Driver

I'm actually surprised... I'm not completely defending the kid but if he had a problem with a vendor that wasn't associated to the forum I'm definately sure ur answer would have been different. In his post he said "PM/emails", He doesnt have to be part of CL to buy from them right? Is it possible that he could've bought the kit before he joined CL? I guess if you pay a vendor fee ur good. They guy a real reason to post this thread, one more thing any good business man would contact a customer with a problem as soon as possible, No one's contacted the guy.
Old 02-22-08, 12:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by TheCoupe
I'm actually surprised... I'm not completely defending the kid but if he had a problem with a vendor that wasn't associated to the forum I'm definately sure ur answer would have been different. In his post he said "PM/emails", He doesnt have to be part of CL to buy from them right? Is it possible that he could've bought the kit before he joined CL? I guess if you pay a vendor fee ur good. They guy a real reason to post this thread, one more thing any good business man would contact a customer with a problem as soon as possible, No one's contacted the guy.
The issue is the member posting this thread who rejoined CL after being banned, and not the fact that he doesn't have an issue. After action was taken on his account, the vendor could not see his PMs. You must have missed the part of my post stating that the vendor had notified the entire forum that he would be unavailable for an extended period of time.

Regardless of the member's status on our forum I have given a heads up to the vendor about what clearly appears to be a real issue that should be addressed.
Old 02-22-08, 12:24 PM
yoitsdanny
Driver School Candidate

If xenondepot would of had contacted me with a solution this would of never been posted. Im just helping fellow CL memebers out.
Old 02-22-08, 12:35 PM
yoitsdanny
Driver School Candidate

BTW,

My father is an Attorney, just a quick heads up.

It is ILLEGAL in the United States to add a penalty to any Click-Wrap agreement. Click Wrap agreements is still an unsettled case in the United States. Since this is still not an official law, you are putting yourself at a great risk for setting your own law with their own penalties.

Dave, If you need more information feel free to contact this attorney that deals with Internet laws and internet bindings

Frank A. Rubino
Phone (305) 858-5300