IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

iPhone and uploading contacts in phone book....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-08, 06:47 PM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone and uploading contacts in phone book....

I just picked up the iPhone over the weekend. It paired up with my 2008 IS 250 no problem and I can make and receive call no problem. I was expecting to see my contacts on the NAV screen but it did not appear to even give me an option to upload my contacts.

Is there a way to upload all contacts in my iPhone phone book into the IS NAV system?

Thanks
SAF
Old 02-18-08, 06:56 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

You press the info button and then select telephone and then transfer data. I have an i580 nextel motorola. Its a bullet proof phone that even James bond can't destroy and is the reason why I use it. But there it doesn't transfer data to the system for me. I also confirmed this on Lexus site

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/acces...bluetooth.html which forwards you to letstalk's site
http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/p...iew=1&model=IS
I also showed me that the phone won't transfer the data to the system. It may on other phones or my phone may on other bluetooth systems out there but it won't on the IS350's gen 5 navi system. No big deal. I just use the phone to make the call.

It doesn't list the iPhone on either site so there is a possibility that it hasn't been tested out yet or may not be able to do so. I would lookup the owner's portfolio and find the navigation guide for further details.
Old 02-18-08, 07:00 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Isn’t the much better Iphone 2 coming out soon that uses the high speed Cingular access? Something about better battery life to? I use a pocket PC based PDA now and I couldn’t imagine trying to use it on basic 56ish K service that the I phone has now. Return the thing and wait for the new Iphone.
Old 02-18-08, 07:04 PM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Isn’t the much better Iphone 2 coming out soon that uses the high speed Cingular access? Something about better battery life to? I use a pocket PC based PDA now and I couldn’t imagine trying to use it on basic 56ish K service that the I phone has now. Return the thing and wait for the new Iphone.

Yes, Apple already said that they plan to release a faster iPhone, but don't expect it very soon since the 16Gb iPhone and new MAck book was just released last week. I read an article on CNN.com about this.
Old 02-18-08, 07:08 PM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by carchitect
You press the info button and then select telephone and then transfer data. I have an i580 nextel motorola. Its a bullet proof phone that even James bond can't destroy and is the reason why I use it. But there it doesn't transfer data to the system for me. I also confirmed this on Lexus site

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/acces...bluetooth.html which forwards you to letstalk's site
http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/p...iew=1&model=IS
I also showed me that the phone won't transfer the data to the system. It may on other phones or my phone may on other bluetooth systems out there but it won't on the IS350's gen 5 navi system. No big deal. I just use the phone to make the call.

It doesn't list the iPhone on either site so there is a possibility that it hasn't been tested out yet or may not be able to do so. I would lookup the owner's portfolio and find the navigation guide for further details.
I've been playing around with the NAV and can't find anything to upload the contacts. I guess I'll keep playing with it.

Raffi
Old 02-18-08, 07:21 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Rumors and most likey wont come out until next year. I bought the iPhone on opening day and i dont regret it one day.

For the phonebook entry: i dont think there is a solution out and you will probably have to do it manualy. Just add the main contacts you call it will be easier on you...
Old 02-18-08, 07:40 PM
Jenomic
Driver

yeah.. i have an iphone and never figured out how to do it! ended up wasting more time looking for how to do it.. then manually punching it in!

do it manually!
Old 02-18-08, 07:50 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the iPhone.
Old 02-18-08, 08:01 PM
almacruel
Pole Position

It can not be done with the Iphone because the Iphone does not have the feature to transfer your contact's via bluetooth... The bluetooth of the Iphone is locked..
Old 02-18-08, 08:01 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Make sure you aren't in motion when doing this. The system will lock out a lot of your Navigation and telephone functions.
Old 02-18-08, 08:15 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Like everyone said: You can NOT transfer contacts with the iPhone. Use your old phone and transfer the contacts in. They will still show up with the iPhone.
Old 06-02-09, 07:06 PM
ricanrolla
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can transfer data from the Iphone 3g to the new gen Nav system (i.e like the one in the 2010 RX 350) but not the old one. I got an 2010 RX as a loner today and tried it and it transfered all 600 plus contacts from my iphone in a few seconds...****!!!
Old 06-02-09, 10:00 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ricanrolla
You can transfer data from the Iphone 3g to the new gen Nav system (i.e like the one in the 2010 RX 350) but not the old one. I got an 2010 RX as a loner today and tried it and it transfered all 600 plus contacts from my iphone in a few seconds...****!!!
smart.............
Old 06-28-09, 01:56 AM
ltran
Rookie

Originally Posted by ricanrolla
how? ive been trying to figure it out since the first iphone! thanks
Old 02-19-10, 12:14 PM
lancelot00
Driver School Candidate

Default Yes You Can!!

Just get iBluetooth from iSpazio through Cydia then you can transfer all day long.

Quick Reply: iPhone and uploading contacts in phone book....