IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Headrest Monitors - Help running wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08, 01:03 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Headrest Monitors - Help running wires

hello everyone. i have just purchased two headrest monitors for my IS250. I need some advice on how I can run the wires without damaging anything and leaving any wires visible in anyway.

Basically I need to run 2 RCA cables from the back of my NAV UNIT (which i know how to open and get access to) The two RCA cables need to go to the headrests (1 RCA cable per seat) and the other thing is that the headrest require power that has a ciggerette lighter plug. I am thinking of cutting the wire of them and joining them into one single plug and maybe plugging it into the power thats available in the armrest unit that has Aux and Power.

Can anyone please advise me on how I can run these wires. I'm assuming that i should be able push the wires down the seat and make it come out underneath, but what do i do from there?

thank you.
Old 01-31-08, 05:48 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I havent removed but normally you can run the wires right thru the headrest posts. this is what a aftermarket/custom stereo place would do whent they install. i would check that to see if you can run the wires thru for a cleaner look. are the monitors mounted into the heardrest or do they just rest on the seat/headrest? if so it may be a little harder to get the wires as you want them with no visual of them.

on wiring them up i would hard wire them and run the wires with the RCA cable. find a power source that will handle the draw and turn on with the acc in the car. this way you wont worry about forgetting them on and there will be no wires to see from that. it may be possible to tap into the wires for the power outlet in the armrest undeneath?

Im excited to see the outcome! Please post pics and let me kwow if the post are hollow on the headrest to run the wires. i want to install custom monitors in the headrest!
Old 01-31-08, 06:16 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

thanks for your reply passnu2, the monitors i purchased actually come with a headrest and have the wires running through the poles. But i'm not sure how i can get the wires down to under the seat and then from under the seat i want to take it maybe into the centre console area where i should be able to run it under the woodtrim and to the back of the NAV unit.

any ideas?
Old 02-01-08, 12:23 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

any ideas anyone?