IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-07, 11:14 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Exclamation IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)

Seeing as though questions about new and used pricing for IS250s and IS350s seem to pop up almost on a daily basis in the 2nd generation IS forum, we've decided to clean it up and make one super-thread on the subject. As you can see, the thread is already 35 pages long, making it one of the most frequently discussed subjects in this forum. Sooo...

Please ask your price check and "is this a good deal" questions here so we can maintain this frequently discussed topic in one easy to find thread. Please do not start any new pricing inquiry threads. Thanks,

Javier

Last edited by javyLSU; 03-25-10 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-15-08, 09:10 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys this is a good deal?

IS250 AWD obsidian, black interior with dark wood with luxury, premium plus, spoiler, preferred accessory and navigation w/o ML sticker at 41,220, 36,720 after discount. Basically, a 4,500 discount, let me know what you guys think thanks!
*edit* I was trying to go for more but the dealer said that they only have a 5k markup for the IS so that they were barely making any money off of me... I wasn't sure if I should have believed him or not... do you guys think I should push for a couple hundred more off?

Last edited by JKA.nyc; 06-15-08 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-15-08, 09:32 AM
SkyPimp
Driver School Candidate

I'd keep pushing. I think $34,000 is a fair price.
Old 06-15-08, 09:50 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

I know I shouldn't believe everything the dealer says, but he said that would be impossible because it would be below invoice price...
Old 06-15-08, 10:06 AM
SkyPimp
Driver School Candidate

Keep pressing them.

1) The end of the model year is coming up in a couple of months.
2) New car sales are declining because of gas prices/economy.
3) Forget the invoice price, they get incentives to move cars. They'll make their money. It's probably the salesman's commission that'll decline on the sell.
Old 06-15-08, 10:12 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

I already put down a deposit, although they said it would be fully refundable, do you think that would affect my chances of getting a bigger discount?
Old 06-15-08, 10:26 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JKA.nyc
I already put down a deposit, although they said it would be fully refundable, do you think that would affect my chances of getting a bigger discount?
Putting a deposit down does limit your wiggle room. You can figure out exactly what his invoice price is online. Negotiate from there. There is a holdback on top of that, but that is tougher for him to give up.

All markets are local, what is true in CA regarding discounts may not hold in your area. Every dealer is different. I don't believe high gas prices automatically mean better deals on an IS; many customers will move into an IS because it gets pretty good gas mileage and is still a luxury car. And these days end of model deals are fewer and fewer on cars like Lexus; they'll just transition from one model year to the next.

First thing you need to do is figure out his invoice price, that will probably be the lowest price you can realistically get. And that may not be possible.
Old 06-15-08, 11:04 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

I saw the invoice price from his database and the quote he gave me was only $300 over the invoice price so I thought I was getting a decent deal and was content, but now after what SkyPimp said, I'm having second thoughts about whether I should push for a bigger discount or get the dealer to throw in some more items for free like the iPod kit or something...
Old 06-15-08, 12:01 PM
SkyPimp
Driver School Candidate

Pushing for accessories is not a bad idea if you want to go that route.
Old 06-15-08, 12:15 PM
jackblack7
Pole Position

I think $4500 off is a very fair deal. How fair depends on your area. I got around $6000 off, but I bought it in SoCal. I've never heard of anyone getting more than $7000 off like SkyPimp says.
Old 06-15-08, 08:45 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

I've been shopping my deal around to other dealers in my area and so far one (of 3) called me back saying that I got the best deal I could probably get and that he wouldn't sell a AWD 250 with the options I have for the price I'm getting, so I don't know I guess that helped reassure me I was getting a sweet deal, BTW I'm in the northeast region (NY) where they don't ship RWD 250's which was my initial choice. I'm still waiting to hear back from the other dealers though. Could it be that dealers in the northeast pay more for their vehicles?
Old 06-15-08, 08:59 PM
st350z
Driver

If you have to get it you should. but if you can wait...then you should wait and make sure all of them have you contact info and tell them the price you want and if they are disperate enough they will call you. Which I think they will. You also have to pick the saleman... make sure they understand you and sell them instead of them selling you. If you know what I'm talking about.haha
Old 06-16-08, 04:21 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think that's a pretty good deal in the NE.
Old 06-16-08, 06:39 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

sweet. thanks. looks like I'll be an official member soon. can't wait.
Old 06-16-08, 10:05 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

that's fair. i bought mine for $34,600 or so. it was right on invoice. i could of pressed for a little bit lower by going to other dealers and contacting but i wanted to get the car from a specific dealer knowing they offer the highest quality in the area. the dealers are a bit picky and they offer you better service if you buy it from them so i took the price

Quick Reply: IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)