IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I Need A Remote Starter!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 09:23 AM
1022it
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother installs alarms at dealerships for a living, and he said there is some module available for it to work... he has never installed one, so he couldn't elaborate too much. i will dig a little more. Here: look at this thread.
www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3110661
and this link to wiring info...
http://my.is/forums/f63/wiring-info-...rt-etc-236272/
Old 12-11-07, 09:30 AM
dra5037
Rookie

i think lexus does make a remote starter. i'm supposed to be getting one for christmas. i have an appointment next thursday (dec 20th) morning to get it installed at the dealer. i'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-11-07, 09:36 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I don't know what a JDM model is but it's odd that Toyota has oem remote start for a Camry push button start but not for a Lexus.
That's what I was thinking exactly. I went to Longo Toyota awhile ago and there were a couple of new camrys with remote start pre-installed already. They have push start ignition also. I might go back to have a look at the remote to see if that's something comparable to the Lexus one.

Terrance
Old 12-11-07, 10:36 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know what a JDM model is but it's odd that Toyota has oem remote start for a Camry push button start but not for a Lexus.
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. And I agree, it is odd - that Toyotas have it, but there's lots of things that us US Lexus owners don't get that the JDM does...

Javier
Old 12-11-07, 02:36 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javyLSU
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. And I agree, it is odd - that Toyotas have it, but there's lots of things that us US Lexus owners don't get that the JDM does...

Javier
I guess Lexus is not that luxury after all comparing to Camry.
Old 12-11-07, 03:30 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably has to do with volume of production. And Toyota's would be more of a year round vehicle; many Lexus vehicles aren't taken out of the garage in poor weather. I don't think demand would justify it.
Old 12-11-07, 06:01 PM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

I had my dealer install a remote starter on my 07 250 awd, is the old type 1 way remote start but aleast get me off the cold edmonton winter
Old 12-11-07, 09:52 PM
GordoNx3o9
Pole Position

I thought idling is bad for the car. So why does everyone want a remote starter now?
Old 12-12-07, 04:14 AM
nixxo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by makalan
I had my dealer install a remote starter on my 07 250 awd, is the old type 1 way remote start but aleast get me off the cold edmonton winter
me too im in edmonton. costed about $1300 cad.
one way astro remote starter. stupid thing was only gave one remote =(

do you know how to start the car with car starter and enter the car and drive off without it having to turn off and start again?
i get that probelm sometimes. After starting it sometimes it would let me drive off and sometimes i have to pust the start button in the car again. Any clues?
Old 12-12-07, 01:27 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

It's been a while since I've been on here.

I have an appointment next wednesday to install the starter. We're going with an Autostart 2 way. This unit here.
http://www.autostart.ca/prodInfo.php...d=AS-2451TW-FM

A module is also required, where I leave the one of the factory keyfobs in the car. The remote start will start the car sensing that keyfob. But immediately after, it will disengage the module so it doesn't read that keyfob at all (but car is still on, so anyone who breaks in can't drive off).

I don't know if the automatic door opening will work, or if i would need to use the autostart fob. But at this point it doesn't matter. The car would then read the current fob i have on me, and allow me to drive off.
Old 12-12-07, 01:32 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by r1lee
It's been a while since I've been on here.

I have an appointment next wednesday to install the starter. We're going with an Autostart 2 way. This unit here.
http://www.autostart.ca/prodInfo.php...d=AS-2451TW-FM

A module is also required, where I leave the one of the factory keyfobs in the car. The remote start will start the car sensing that keyfob. But immediately after, it will disengage the module so it doesn't read that keyfob at all (but car is still on, so anyone who breaks in can't drive off).

I don't know if the automatic door opening will work, or if i would need to use the autostart fob. But at this point it doesn't matter. The car would then read the current fob i have on me, and allow me to drive off.
Wow!
That seems like a lot more things that can screw up.Possible warraty issues too.
Why not just get the Lexus unit?

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-12-07 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 01:41 PM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nixxo
damn thats alot of money, id rather suffer through the cold than pay thirteen hundred bucks just for a remote starter
Old 12-12-07, 06:05 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fearlessfx
damn thats alot of money, id rather suffer through the cold than pay thirteen hundred bucks just for a remote starter
or you can train your dog to start your engine for you..
Old 12-12-07, 08:36 PM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nixxo

do you know how to start the car with car starter and enter the car and drive off without it having to turn off and start again?
i get that probelm sometimes. After starting it sometimes it would let me drive off and sometimes i have to pust the start button in the car again. Any clues?

i got 2 remote from dealer ....

i believe there is no way to bypass the shut off engine when u open door (while started with remote starter). it is design this way b/c once u start ur engine, u can drive the car without the keyfob in ur pocket so they rather shut it off and have u restart it

and the stupid thing is, once u start ur engine with remote start, ur keyfob doesnt work, it has to open the door with ur starter remote.
Old 12-12-07, 09:45 PM
mattssi
Pole Position

The compustar is a favorite of mine. 2 way spread spectrum and long *** distance.

Quick Reply: I Need A Remote Starter!!