IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking for IS350 in the DFW area...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 11:20 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qhuy00
So I emailed my salesman in Grapevine the other day and he basically told me what you all are telling me, Lux pkg is not available in the region and to go to Lexus.com and build my vehicle with my zip code. Honestly, the options I must have are Nav/HID's/ventilated seats and 18" summer tires. All the rest I could not care less about. As far as colors goes, I'm not too picky either, obsidian is always a favorite, but is it the Glacier frost mica that has a different hue depending on the angle you look?, smoky granite mica would also be my top choice as well. When I configured with the premium pkg with the Nav and preferred acc. pkg.MSRP came out to $42412 with destination included. Is it out of the question to get this car for say...3500-4000 off MSRP???

It just boggles my mind that this is the third year cycle and I feel like I'm gonna be hunting a white elephant. Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated...

Yeah! About your icon, is that restaurant somewhere here in Dallas? I damned near rolled out of my chair. Looks like there are some viet folks in here....
The dealers around the DFW aren't going to give you that much off msrp. If you do get that much off msrp, that's an accomplishment. The only advice I can give other than what's already stated is that if you're going to put a a couple thousands for a down payment, might as well get the Lexus Visa & charge it on there so you can get all the points to use at the dealership for oil changes, etc. then pay the Visa card at the end of the 1st month. Most dealerships will let you charge up to $5k I think.

LOL, I hear that pho restaurant is either in L.A. or Seattle somewhere. Supposedly there's another place called, "What the Pho" haha!
Old 11-01-07, 07:56 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, thanks for all the response guys...

So I emailed my salesman in Grapevine the other day and he basically told me what you all are telling me, Lux pkg is not available in the region and to go to Lexus.com and build my vehicle with my zip code. Honestly, the options I must have are Nav/HID's/ventilated seats and 18" summer tires. All the rest I could not care less about. As far as colors goes, I'm not too picky either, obsidian is always a favorite, but is it the Glacier frost mica that has a different hue depending on the angle you look?, smoky granite mica would also be my top choice as well. When I configured with the premium pkg with the Nav and preferred acc. pkg.MSRP came out to $42412 with destination included. Is it out of the question to get this car for say...3500-4000 off MSRP???

It just boggles my mind that this is the third year cycle and I feel like I'm gonna be hunting a white elephant. Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated.

TxLex...I'm looking to buy new though them Spyder wheels are mighty sweet, why you want to get rid of such a sweet ride?

Yeah! About your icon, is that restaurant somewhere here in Dallas? I damned near rolled out of my chair. Looks like there are some viet folks in here....

Taylor...I testdrove the only IS350 they had in Grapevine last week and it did have Nav and chrome wheels....maybe they got another one in?? Speaking of which, this car left me with a grin from ear to ear when I walked off the lot. ALso test drove the G37 and am still trying to make up my mind but defintely leaning towards the IS...I think it just fits me better as I'm a small guy and the G feels bloated. It handles well but just feels big. Anyhow...hope you guys got some wisdom for me as I'm sorta worried I gotta save a little more money than I originally had planned for.
When I was doing the same thing you were back in April, the most any DFW area dealer would give me off MSRP was $1400. Sewell of Dallas offered me $2K off MSRP but since the car they had found was in Tennessee they wanted to charge me $800 to ship it here (thus negating the larger discount). When I balked about the shipping fee, they simply let the car go. Sure I know $800 is a small percentage of the final fee, but when you add on TTL and an extended warranty, I was looking at a $49K bill... way more than I had budgeted for.
Old 11-01-07, 08:03 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Just order from California or Florida dealer, its like $500 delivery fee.
And you can haggle like crazy.
Old 11-01-07, 08:14 AM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

So I'm looking on fleetrates.com, they have some decent pricing on the IS350...is there a catch somewhere???

DFW350...if I were to order from California/Fl...they would ship this to my home or to a local dealer??
Old 11-01-07, 08:46 AM
maxnix
Driver

Why not just fly out and drive back? A couple of days of great fun.
Old 11-02-07, 10:50 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck with your search and let us know how it goes!
Old 11-14-07, 05:30 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

Ok...so my salesman calls today and says he has 1 SGM with graphite interior coming in the next 10 days or so, premium/nav/no-ML. Says I can get it for 3,000 off msrp. He says this is his "internet" price as I'm a repeat customer of his. What do you guys think? Should I jump on this? From hearing what you guys have to say, it sounds like I should. Apparently IS350's with Nav in the DFW area is quite rare, he's got 2 coming in for december for 2 dealerships.
Old 11-14-07, 05:43 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Don't know the specifics of the DFW area, but I think most would agree that 3k off a 350 isn't too bad in any area of the country.
Old 11-14-07, 06:36 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sewell of dallas will hook you up. I had to wait like 6 weeks for mine, but I didn't care.

damn 07txlex you are already selling yours? I love your color. Why you selling?
Old 11-14-07, 06:44 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok...so my salesman calls today and says he has 1 SGM with graphite interior coming in the next 10 days or so, premium/nav/no-ML. Says I can get it for 3,000 off msrp. He says this is his "internet" price as I'm a repeat customer of his. What do you guys think? Should I jump on this? From hearing what you guys have to say, it sounds like I should. Apparently IS350's with Nav in the DFW area is quite rare, he's got 2 coming in for december for 2 dealerships.
Wait, what dealership is this..... I called in about a IS350 with navi today and my sales rep says he has about 3 in(i dont know if all of them had navi or not).. Im going tomorrow to check them out.
Old 11-14-07, 08:15 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

This is park place grapevine, salesman has been very courteous and helpful. Just not sure if I can get a better deal or not...Scheduled an appointment on Monday to see if we can work a deal out.
Old 11-14-07, 08:58 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

oh, I called the one in plano and i told the guy i wanted a new or used 350 with Navi for around 35k and he said he has 3. You should try calling them, but i call dibbs on the black one!
Old 11-14-07, 09:01 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Well that was the exact car I was looking at 6 months ago (but in black) and was only offered $1000 off by two dealerships. I would have taken a deal like yours in a heartbeat, but that was then and times may be different.
Old 11-14-07, 09:22 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

Leotno, IS350 with nav for around 35k? are you serious? If you do get that deal, let me know!!! black is a sweet color but I won't fight you for it . Grapevine has been courteous to me so I'll give them the first chance to earn my business, if you do happen to get that deal, might give me a chance to bargain down the price.

Buds, needless to say I was quite relieved when he told me straight off the bat 3 k off MSRP for internet pricing, I thought I'd have to fight and claw my way to that price point in the first place.

I'm looking at right about 42 OTD for this car. Arrgh, difficult to make a decision, torn with excitement and reservation right now between wanting this sweet car and not making an impulsive decision. I've got a weekend to think about it I suppose.
Old 11-14-07, 09:34 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Leotno, IS350 with nav for around 35k? are you serious? If you do get that deal, let me know!!! black is a sweet color but I won't fight you for it . Grapevine has been courteous to me so I'll give them the first chance to earn my business, if you do happen to get that deal, might give me a chance to bargain down the price.

Buds, needless to say I was quite relieved when he told me straight off the bat 3 k off MSRP for internet pricing, I thought I'd have to fight and claw my way to that price point in the first place.

I'm looking at right about 42 OTD for this car. Arrgh, difficult to make a decision, torn with excitement and reservation right now between wanting this sweet car and not making an impulsive decision. I've got a weekend to think about it I suppose.
yeah, he said there were several. When ill go ill take pics of what they do have and ill post them up. I have been looking for a IS all summer, i wanted one exactly like Buds. Its funny i had to talk myself out of ML and PA and PCS.... I really wanted to wait till december but i knowing how fast they go, i might have to buy early. When does the december to remember sales event start? Also, i wonder if they charge extra for one of those big bows they have on the commercial.

Quick Reply: Looking for IS350 in the DFW area...