How much payment on ur ride? - Page 4 - Club Lexus Forums


How much payment on ur ride?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-07, 09:27 PM   #46
IronPhoenX
Pole Position
 
IronPhoenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoNx3o9 View Post
We got a winner here! Ding ding ding! $63K for an IS350? umm
Wow. You could probably get the IS-F for that price.
IronPhoenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 09:44 PM   #47
hung8852
Pole Position
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ny
Posts: 302
Default

damn....a 10% interest rate?!?!! are you kidding me?..good lord...

4k down/ 616 a month at 5.29% for 5 years..

is350 /lux/navi

feel sorry for u guys with that kinda rate...
hung8852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 09:53 PM   #48
danger4o5
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: florida
Posts: 237
Default

I put down 19g's and was paying $516/month. Now I bumped it up to a G a month. IS350
danger4o5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 12:05 AM   #49
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 897
Default

i lease cause its a tax write off for me, i put nothing down, msrp was 47k i pay 705.57 a month on a 4 year lease.
07 is350 with all the options
Bass Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 12:25 AM   #50
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic
 
llamaboiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Windward, Oahu
Posts: 11,030
Default

900bucks a month for a car.... dude i got 2 words for ya, Credit Union.

*ppl ive noticed got some crazy money for monthly paments, even 500 a month is crazy, imo*
llamaboiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 01:12 AM   #51
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ca
Posts: 1,100
Default 07 is350

sticker price 43621.00...

paid 10k down
594.75 for 66 months..

paying 49k total....this should of been alot less but i didnt really shop around..
i3urton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 02:26 AM   #52
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoNx3o9 View Post
We got a winner here! Ding ding ding! $63K for an IS350? umm
i thought i had it bad... i don't get it... man .. is it that bad


i pay 917 ish a month for three year... 10k down... is350... otd 40k... how is he paying it for two extra years.. wow... i'd jus get rid of my car at that rate...
omgitsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 07:43 AM   #53
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung8852 View Post
damn....a 10% interest rate?!?!! are you kidding me?..good lord...

4k down/ 616 a month at 5.29% for 5 years..

is350 /lux/navi

feel sorry for u guys with that kinda rate...
your payment doesnt compute.. unless you got a used car or a 250 because 616 a month for 60 months = 36,960 with no interest rate factor, 4k down means the sticker was about 40k you either had some equity in a trade or your interest rate is better than that.
Bass Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 08:34 AM   #54
JensBoo
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrthomas View Post
wow, you put $12.5k down on a lease???

You should of financed it!
I couldn't afford the 400-500 bucks a month that it would have been had I financed it right now. I'm most likely going to be buying it out after the lease term because I keep my mileage below 10k a year. In 3 years I will be much better off to be able to afford the higher payment.
JensBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 09:02 AM   #55
Evitzee
Lexus Champion
 
Evitzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 3,090
Default

Some 'interesting' payment schedules in this thread. I think it shows people nowadays shop predominently on 'monthly payment' rather than what the car's total cost will be. We have indeed become a nation of 'payment minimizers', regardless of what the end cost is, just so we can get the most car or house for a set payment. Many of the people are paying ridiculous TOTAL sums of money for their cars either through high interest rates, stretched out payment terms, or poor lease structures. It really shows why the finance business is such a money maker opportunity for the dealers and manufacturers. Customers are often twisted around and pay more than they have to because the focus is always on the magical 'monthly payment'. The total cost seems irrelevant for most buyers.
Evitzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 10:25 AM   #56
tC_demon
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 384
Default

$284 a month for 2 years....40K down...Finance lady said to finance some money since I have okay credit...she was right my credit score has gone up.
tC_demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 10:28 AM   #57
shoguns
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 30
Default

damn, im in the market for an 06 IS 250 and ive seen them going for $28-29k. looking to pay about $2k down and $500/mo for 60-66 mos. think its possible for one at that price??? i have good credit....
shoguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 11:11 AM   #58
IS350jet
Lexus Champion
 
IS350jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Coral Springs, Fl
Posts: 2,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
This was a demo car. It had @ 700 miles on it when I got it. The GM at the dealership drove it for a couple months, is what I was told. I'm guessing he ordered it. I was trying to buy a breakwater blue 350 when he pulled up in the one I have now.
What I mean is, you can't get Luxury and sport together, not even special order. Just curious, that's all.
IS350jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 11:28 AM   #59
shortbus19
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
shortbus19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linh811 View Post
because it's been asked 10 trillion times. basically, if you pay cash for your car, you have no idea how to manage money, because that cash could be invested to make WAY MORE CASH than whatever interest lexus financial is currently offering.

meaning.... just because you CAN pay cash for the car, it would be a dumbarse idea to do so....


You Sir obviously have no freakin clue about how to manage finances. Wealth is built by OWNING everything you have and not financing it. If you pay cash for a car you essentially got about 7% annual back on that money. Why? Because you are not paying 7% or more APR. Buying stuff interest free is the smart thing to do. If you think everyone has the ability to get a 7% or more return on their investments annually then you are a fool, not everyone is a Warren Buffett. You also have to take into consideration the commissions paid on trades, as well as the taxes. Basically to beat the percentage you would pay on the average auto loan you would need to turn 10% annually on your investments, which is about where the index sits. There is many a good financial advisor that can just barely match the index each year. If you think the average guy/woman can do the same you are wrong. Many an investor losses their a$$ in the market, whereas if one pays for a car cash they just guaranteed whatever interest rate they would have paid as a return on their funds, as opposed to paying over $5,600 in interest on say a 30k loan at 7% over 5 years. Thatís money in the bank man. Now I know this sounds hypocritical since I financed, however I just did not have the cash to buy it outright and my desire for the car kicked the crap out of my frugal side.
shortbus19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 11:35 AM   #60
Andoskyy
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evitzee View Post
Some 'interesting' payment schedules in this thread. I think it shows people nowadays shop predominently on 'monthly payment' rather than what the car's total cost will be. We have indeed become a nation of 'payment minimizers', regardless of what the end cost is, just so we can get the most car or house for a set payment. Many of the people are paying ridiculous TOTAL sums of money for their cars either through high interest rates, stretched out payment terms, or poor lease structures. It really shows why the finance business is such a money maker opportunity for the dealers and manufacturers. Customers are often twisted around and pay more than they have to because the focus is always on the magical 'monthly payment'. The total cost seems irrelevant for most buyers.

who cares? if you can afford the monthly payment and you love your car...go for it

obviously in a perfect world, everyone would live within their means and pay cash for their car.

you only go around once. enjoy it
Andoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lease Deal Worth It? Rc423 IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 7 05-19-15 02:59 PM
HELP! Suggestions Needed... IamNate IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 19 05-07-12 08:36 AM
IS250C Lease Payments AZ JB IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 12 03-24-11 05:01 PM
Was this a good deal on a LEASE Jay35 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 21 07-31-08 08:26 AM
Taking Over Payments on IS250 AWD Nvalenti20 Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 19 06-23-08 12:55 PM


Tags
700, car, dollar, forum, lexus, month, payment

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved