IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

About to trade in my new IS350 for a truck...help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-07, 02:23 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yemilipede
yeah mayne, im in Texas as well, and I dont get this truck obsession. Alot peeps here dont even know what an IS250 is or an Audi A4. But I have accepted it
I was born/raised in TX, and have never had a truck; think it's a "class" issue, actually.
Old 10-09-07, 03:07 PM
BLK*LEX
Rookie

drive what ur happy with....dont settle for any reason but what ur comfortable driving in....if a car isn't u...then get a truck...
Old 10-09-07, 04:41 PM
llhelix
Rookie

keep the IS. borrow a truck when needed.
Old 10-09-07, 05:48 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have money saved up. youre right i live with my parents but i go to junior college and im already doing apps for pepperdine and Sc in which i will definitely move out if im accepted. some need to stop talking before they think. my age shouldn't tell you anything about my life. i dont have a job but i have a hobby with music production that happens to pay very well. and trust me, when you have the right connections and know the right people--it doesn't matter how old you are. it isnt a steady thing, but there is enough for me to move forward with. my parents do pay for everything, except my gas money, because they were against me going to the school i go to because of the driving distance. however i told them i would make it work and i am.

btw--there is nothing cooler than having a truck and sports car!
Old 10-09-07, 06:53 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
My husband has a similar problem, torn between a truck and sports car. To satisfy his urge for the past 2 years, he drives an Aston Martin DB9 and an 06Tacoma PreRunner. To my surprise, after he drove my new IS, he liked it so much that he considered going to just one car for a couple of years and get an IS for himself. I like that option as it would free up the driveway!

Trucks are nice, but they certainly don't hold the status of a Lexus. It all depends on what you are looking for. Do you really use the truck for what it is capable of? Do you go out on the town and want to be showy as in "sexy lexy"?

I can tell you that from a woman's perspective, my eye is drawn to the Lexus over a truck. A car from the luxury class says much without saying much.
I don't know, Ma'am. I think my eye would be drawn to that DB9!

Anyone, can do just like me, drive a 13 year old POS Z71 truck and have the "little Lexus" when my wife is not driving it.

There are a lot of good things about having a POS vehicle:

1) Don't have to worry about door dings anymore.

2) People don't want to park next to me anymore. See #1 above.

3) The AC is out and it's cheaper to put a small 6KBTU unit in the rear window.

4) I only have to wash and detail one vehicle every weekend now. I'm less tired and gives more time for 12oz curls.

5) I forgot and left the window down on it at the Park-N-Ride last week and after 13 hours when I got back, everything was intact! If it would have rained, it still would have been ok, just would have had to put a towel down for the work clothes.

6) People tend to give you a lot of room on the road also. (Why can't it be that way with the nice cars?!)

7) I can "jump" curbs anytime I need to for convenience purposes!

8) I can haul anything and not worry about scratching the paint or anything else.

9) The insurance is extremely cheap!

10) My wife makes me park it way down the street from our house.

Cheers,

Old Oiler
Old 12-14-07, 08:47 AM
ckeck
Rookie

Well I ended up trading in my IS350 for the truck...had it just over a month now. I do miss my Lex a bit, but the truck is pretty bada$$. I just may switch back after a few years...just have to see. Here are some pics of the truck if anyone cares

Old 12-14-07, 08:56 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and still no pics from droptopgal, as promissed.
Old 12-14-07, 08:57 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Sweet nice truck!

I heard the early Tundra had been having many driveline/tranny problems. I hope these issues are resolved now.

How much did you get it for?
Old 12-14-07, 08:58 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^ Nice truck!! Tundra is definitely one of the nicest trucks made!
Old 12-14-07, 09:02 AM
ckeck
Rookie

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Sweet nice truck!

I heard the early Tundra had been having many driveline/tranny problems. I hope these issues are resolved now.

How much did you get it for?
Thanks!

To my knowledge the drivetrain/tranny problems have been fixed and were the fault of the torque converter. From the current statistics it appears to have affected less than 1% of all production vehicles. *Lots of good data here: www.tundrasolutions.com

I purchased my IS350 for $38,900 and got $36,000 on the trade in. The good part though is I went from 5.79% on my Lexus loan to 1.9% on the Tundra with a year shorter payments. So I am saving almost $4,000+ in interest alone. The truck cost $38,900 as well...how about that.
Old 12-14-07, 09:05 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i really like the new Tundra's. I mean a real lot! When i was buying my moms 2008 Highlander, There was these 2 beast like TUndra's loaded with leather stock 22" TRD's absolutley beautiful... I would buy one in a heartbeat, but im not a "truck" guy.
Old 12-14-07, 09:07 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

NOW THATS HOW YOU PACKAGE THE TUNDRA! Do you miss the navi and reverse camera? Congrats on the truck.........Giddy up!
Old 12-14-07, 09:11 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Is it 4wd?
Old 12-14-07, 09:13 AM
05LSV
Lead Lap

Nice truck. Looking at the fender gap, you may need to put the Eibach Pro-Kit on there soon...lol.
Old 12-14-07, 12:27 PM
ckeck
Rookie

Originally Posted by MoLexus
NOW THATS HOW YOU PACKAGE THE TUNDRA! Do you miss the navi and reverse camera? Congrats on the truck.........Giddy up!
I have the backup camera...but no Navi

Its ok though...basically the same Nav system that was in the Lex and while it worked well, I was tired of getting locked out all the time.

May go aftermarket later if necessary...I know my city well enough.

Quick Reply: About to trade in my new IS350 for a truck...help!