IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Crazy Night

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-07, 06:16 AM
lexusam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Night

So today while I was taking my girlfriend home traveling east on the 118 freeway...some random guy (hispanic) entered the freeway got right next to me and started throwing beer bottles at my car! So I stopped on the right side of the freeway and he comes after me with a knife in his hands..my girlfriend by now is freaking out and pulls me into the car and I pull back into the road. Same guy comes after me with full speed and clips the rear left side of my bumper. My car fishtales out of control and starts swerving. I somehow got control of my car and started speeding 130 miles+ with the guy still behind me. So I get on the way left hand side of the road so he cant hit me anymore but WTF this guy goes in through the center divider and rams his car onto me. So now Im thinking..ok my car is ****ed up anyway by now so while he was still next to me I rammed myself into him and crushed him against the wall and made his car flip. Keep in mind my girlfriend was on the phone with the police for nearly 20 minutes and no one shows up even though shes screaming and crying for her dear life. **ck the Police seriously...anyway I remembered about the emergency icon on our Navi so I enter and go to the nearest police station. While Im on the way to the station some other car starts coming after me (I think his friend) and points a gun at us. I freak out by now and start speeding like crazy on the local streets running red lights, avoiding hitting and getting hit by other cars and drift myself into the police parking station. There were several cops outside just chit chatting and sees us coming in like that and freaks out. The guy following me is no longer there now. I rush to the police and tell them to help us and this pig answers me saying "Im on my break kid" WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! His partner laughing comes up to me and asks whats wrong. So i tell him and he says "Look, I'm sorry for what happened but we cant do anything. Call the highway patrol. But I think they might be closed." I was like are you ****ing kidding me? I tell him to go look for himself of where the car flipped and then he starts taking me seriously, goes into the station and radios a highway patrol to check the freeway and come by for reports. Highway patrol shows up after 3 hours and asks me questions of what happened. Wow...I couldnt believe these were the people who we depended on when we are in danger. I got the two officers names down who thought I was lieing and thinking about filing a suit against them. Luckily, my girlfriend and I were safe. What a crazy night...Some weird crazy guy tries to kill me for no reason, I flip his car, and really realized cops are worthless and angers me that they get paid with our tax money...It still feels like a dream. Will be posting up pics later. To out of it to take any pictures...
Old 09-01-07, 06:25 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

it's a good things that you both are safe and try to sleep on it. I respect firefighters and paramedics a lot more than cops.
Old 09-01-07, 06:41 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow that is a messed up story, how bad is your car? any pics of the damage that happened to it???

you both are lucky that nothing happened to you! glad to hear that.
Old 09-01-07, 06:54 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow what a crazy story... I guess cops really don't care what happens in CA.. I never thought cops would be like that considering some areas are a little worse than others but that is just ridiculous.. Glad both of you are ok. I guess it maybe time to get a lawyer involved...
Old 09-01-07, 07:01 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow..that is some scary stuff. u sure that wasnt a dream?
Old 09-01-07, 07:49 AM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

What a crazy story. Good thing you and the gf came out okay though. You better start packing a gun in your car.
Old 09-01-07, 08:21 AM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Wow crazy story!...Ya I hate when people don't take younger looking people seriously.
Old 09-01-07, 08:34 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

wow, seems like a storyline from a movie!!

Thats crazy. i'm glad you are okay. What area in Cali was this at???

What kind of car did the guy have that was chasing you?? You couldnt outrun him going 130+mph??

I'm sure they can catch the guy because his car did flip and they can track him down with registration, etc. Maybe its a stolen vehicle??

Post pics ASAP!!
Old 09-01-07, 08:50 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I'm also wondering where this car flipped - was it on the 101 yesterday? I'm glad you're ok after all that craziness!!!

Javier
Old 09-01-07, 08:51 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a lesson to be learned here is not to get out of the car when something like this happens. The other guy is clearly crazy, and getting out of the car to prove your manly worth is not going to help.

Not sure what you could have done in this situation to both remain safe and catch the guy throwing the bottles, because priority one is probably to get away from the situation. Maybe just get his license plate number and move on... but yeah, hard to make all the right decisions in the heat of the moment...
Old 09-01-07, 08:54 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sirkfc
I think a lesson to be learned here is not to get out of the car when something like this happens. The other guy is clearly crazy, and getting out of the car to prove your manly worth is not going to help.
I agree.

If someone was acting crazy like that I would NOT get out of my car and jeopardize my safety and my girls safety.
Old 09-01-07, 08:58 AM
LexyIS350
Driver

WTH, This sounds like a Die Hard movie. I was waiting to hear, "...then I woke up and everything was back to normal"
I got a feeling they are not some random crazies and might be after you, because either you did something to pissed them off but didn't realize it or they know your girlfriend.
Old 09-01-07, 10:19 AM
taze
Driver School Candidate

next time something like that happens, call 911 and tell them you're being shot at. then see how fast they respond.
Old 09-01-07, 10:22 AM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Well did you hear about how 911 calls in major cities in california were being delayed during some peak hours. Some of the longest calls put on long as like 72 minutes lol..yah ridicilous
Old 09-01-07, 10:50 AM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

This is the reason why I always pack a gun in my car. Sorry, if I were in your shoes, the cops would be looking for a dead body, and not a flipped car.

Quick Reply: Crazy Night