IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Auxiliary Audio Input Port Noise TSIB L-AU001-07 Finally Released!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-07, 05:40 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Any idea if this TSIB applies to those of us in Canada as well? I'd like to have this done because that noise drives me crazy when I use the iPod while charging.
Old 08-22-07, 05:21 PM
itsalan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone gotten this done yet? anyone in the socal area recommend a dealer to go to?

I just called crown lexus, since they are real close to me, and the service advisor on the phone was pretty rude. I asked if I could get the TSIB done on my car, and he hastily said that I would have to bring it in to have them confirm the problem, "we just don't go and perform TSIB's". So I then had to ask him again, ok...so if the problem is confirmed can I have this performed...

I don't expect everyone to be bouncing off the walls, but then again...have a little better attitude?

/rant

Old 08-22-07, 05:38 PM
is250manny
Driver

lol, i had to return my zune quick...

**** was pissin me off.
Old 08-22-07, 06:29 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is250manny
lol, i had to return my zune quick...

**** was pissin me off.
Everything from microsoft pi$$es me off...
Old 08-31-07, 03:17 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Just made the appointment for next sat on the 8th. Going to have my 5000 done and the TSIB.
Old 08-31-07, 06:00 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Well i got this done and the rear view mirror tsib's done today. No charge, but it was listed a total at almost $900!!

The mirror is much tighter now. It's a bit closer to the top of the windshield. My fingers don't fit around it as easily as they used to. It definitely improved the stability of the mirror
Old 08-31-07, 06:23 PM
ISF
Driver School Candidate

Excuse my ignorance but could someone respectfully explain what tsib is?
Old 08-31-07, 06:29 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMut
Well i got this done and the rear view mirror tsib's done today. No charge, but it was listed a total at almost $900!!

The mirror is much tighter now. It's a bit closer to the top of the windshield. My fingers don't fit around it as easily as they used to. It definitely improved the stability of the mirror
My mirror is also closer to the top of the windshield...I believe that all you need to do is lower it again (you'll see the pivot mount behind the mirror). But, I don't think I'm even going to mess with mine, as I like it being a little higher
Old 08-31-07, 08:52 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

good looking out but i'm not going to get this done. first i already have my own filter and second, with the vais kit install (doesn't have this problem), nobody is going to touch my music!
Old 09-08-07, 10:50 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

my cousin got it done and the dealer said it takes longer than the 0.3 hours on the TSIB.

They said like 2-3 hours to get it done.
Old 09-08-07, 12:48 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i felt ripped off yesterday, i went in to try n get both tsib's done (aux/mirror) so i told them all my problems etc. and they kept my car from 10am-4pm just to tell me "we had to order the parts". i wish they just told me they didnt have the parts, they insisted on checking my car out to make sure what the problem was. and ontop of that i felt really stupid for forgetting to tell them not to wash my car . i was standing at my car like :O frick...swirl marks...as the guy goes "why wouldnt u want us to wash your car, it doesnt hurt ur car at all"
Old 09-08-07, 03:07 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Just got it done. I called in and made the appointment about a week and half early that way they had plenty of time to order the part and get it in. I got there about 11am and had my first free 5K mile service done then the Aux input TSIB done and was out by 1pm.
Old 09-17-07, 10:33 AM
tmag
Pole Position

Got the AUX TSIB done last week, sounds great I had been using a ground loop isolator one can get from any electronic store, which worked well but was another set of wires I had to deal with, but not anymore. Only thing was they kept my car an additional day and they said they forgot to order an addditional part. Ah what? Well the car sounds great only thing that worries me is that I found a broken plastic peice on my seat when I got home. Was that the part that they had to order? They probably broke something. But checked for anything loose or any rattling and none so far. (knock on wood).
Old 09-17-07, 10:43 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmag
Got the AUX TSIB done last week, sounds great I had been using a ground loop isolator one can get from any electronic store, which worked well but was another set of wires I had to deal with, but not anymore. Only thing was they kept my car an additional day and they said they forgot to order an addditional part. Ah what? Well the car sounds great only thing that worries me is that I found a broken plastic peice on my seat when I got home. Was that the part that they had to order? They probably broke something. But checked for anything loose or any rattling and none so far. (knock on wood).
Could have been the clip or something that they removed from the old unit. I wouldnt worry too much.
Old 09-17-07, 11:44 AM
taze
Driver School Candidate

i got this done and it works great! i use a sirius starmate tuner and this TSIB fixed what used to sound like alternater whine. now the audio is as clear through my starmate as my ipod.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Audio Input Port Noise TSIB L-AU001-07 Finally Released!