IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Auxiliary Audio Input Port Noise TSIB L-AU001-07 Finally Released!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-07, 08:41 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No doubt you've been downloading like a madman...

If you want to see something really cool - click on the training link. On the right hand side at near the top you'll see a link New Model Technical Previews. It covers a wide range of models with animated graphics explaining the fundamentals of a number of systems on the cars. The LS600h is especially interesting. Anyway, I think those training materials alone are worth the $10 admission for a day. But I have an annual scrip, so I can peek at it whenever I need wherever I have an Internet connection and a browser (although it does seem to like IE best ).
Yea its awesome, I have been looking at stuff ALL DAY LONG! This stuff is great!
Old 08-15-07, 08:12 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Dang I want to call and schedule my appointment for this, but I want to wait till I do my free 5000 mile check up/oil change and I dont intend to have that done until I hit around 6500 miles.
Old 08-15-07, 07:21 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Yea its awesome, I have been looking at stuff ALL DAY LONG! This stuff is great!
Ben, just curious. Did they ever post a TSIB for teh VVTI controller causing the engine cranking noise? I was told by a master tech that one was forthcoming but I never heard if it did?
Old 08-15-07, 08:05 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ahohnstein
Ben, just curious. Did they ever post a TSIB for teh VVTI controller causing the engine cranking noise? I was told by a master tech that one was forthcoming but I never heard if it did?
Well it may be coming, but I did not see that up there yet. I will probably be checking back though in a month or two. Its very cool, there is so much information on there!
Old 08-15-07, 08:39 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No doubt you've been downloading like a madman...

If you want to see something really cool - click on the training link. On the right hand side at near the top you'll see a link New Model Technical Previews. It covers a wide range of models with animated graphics explaining the fundamentals of a number of systems on the cars. The LS600h is especially interesting. Anyway, I think those training materials alone are worth the $10 admission for a day. But I have an annual scrip, so I can peek at it whenever I need wherever I have an Internet connection and a browser (although it does seem to like IE best ).
If you want to get the most out of a one-day subscription to TIS, buy your subscription as early in the day as you can. The one day subscriptions don't expire until midnight of the next day - so if you sign up for a one day subscription at 7 in the morning, you get access all day for that day, as well as all day the next day, too.

Javier
Old 08-15-07, 09:29 PM
skyraven4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
So, this is for any ringing/tonal sound that occurs with using an iPod or satellite radio?
i get this same noise too... will getting this TSIB fix that noise?? anyone do it yet and see an improvement? the noise seems to come from the cord i bought from lexus that connects my ipod nano with the AUX...when u have the armrest down it seems to be pushing it at wrong angle or pressuring it some way...

i know i could get that short connector from that one site that i forgot the name of... but if this TSIB could fix it, that would be great
Old 08-15-07, 10:23 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Good find ben_r_

I nominate you for CL member of the week.
Old 08-16-07, 06:29 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just curious, if the TSB is for all 06-07s, does that mean the filter is built into the 08s, or do they just not list 08s till they're "on sale" officially?
Old 08-16-07, 08:10 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ahohnstein
yes, its there.

i have it as well.. here:

for the is350: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmsm5l

for the is250: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mwqfoi
Old 08-16-07, 04:19 PM
aira
Pole Position

I notice this when I'm charging my MP3 player and listening to it at the same time. I feel like I go to the dealership too much though. Lol.
Old 08-18-07, 03:50 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aira
I notice this when I'm charging my MP3 player and listening to it at the same time. I feel like I go to the dealership too much though. Lol.
No such thing! Go in there get some snacks and have them fix your problems! You should be totally happy with your car! ITS A LEXUS!!!!
Old 08-18-07, 05:10 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm going to get this fixed along with the mirror tsib soon. Thanks for posting these Ben! Much appreciated!!
Old 08-19-07, 02:53 AM
is250manny
Driver

i have my zune connected and nothing else. great addition to the whip
Old 08-19-07, 07:15 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

i guess i get a little noise... but is it the noise like listening to AM radio? could you guy explain what type of noise you're hearing... i don't want to take it there and say .. i get noise.. here's tsb... and talk as though i have no clue what i'm there for.. hahaha
Old 08-19-07, 08:00 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
i guess i get a little noise... but is it the noise like listening to AM radio? could you guy explain what type of noise you're hearing... i don't want to take it there and say .. i get noise.. here's tsb... and talk as though i have no clue what i'm there for.. hahaha
Well really thats all you have to do, just go to the dealer with the TSIB printed out and tell them I would like to have this done. You dont need to give them any excuses, reasons, or song and dances. More than likely they will have to order the part though so youll have to wait for that to come in. The noise sounds like an annoying background hiss (electrical noise) that just stays there and doesnt go away unless you unplug the charger. I really dont know how else to describe it than that.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Audio Input Port Noise TSIB L-AU001-07 Finally Released!