IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

At dealer 2 times and it still rattles. Dealer and I ask 4 ur Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 08:33 PM
tripleflip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At dealer 2 times and it still rattles. Dealer and I ask 4 ur Help

Hi guys! Well my 07 used to rattle in about 10 places. After the first time and a replaced mirror i had only about 9 rattles left, so once again we drove around for 30 min and def picked up all the rattles, so again left it for 2 days. 2 days later 3 rattles left and one of them we don't know how to fix (others will be fixed i hope)

So the thing that rattles is the little door on the door panel where you put your drink in as well as a bit from the windows/morror control dash. but again the main problem is that little door when the music is on, buzz on both doors. Dealer is actually very good and understanding but he already done a lot of stuff to the car and has no idea how to fix that rattle in the little door. When you push the panel into the door rattle stops but when you push the panel without the little door rattle doesn't stop, so it def has to do something with the little door. This will actually be the 4th time now them trying to fix it but at least they're going to pick my car up and give me a loaner so i won't have to make that 1 hour trip.

I really need your help with a little door as we tried stuffing foam into all the gaps in the little door with no help for like 4 hours today. All doors are super insulated with foam so there is a lot of foam, so much that they had to push the panel in really hard. Sound sounds terrific now but there is the buzz.....

Now the last problem that i can now hear is from the roof in the back where the antena is. Sounds like a wire vibrating. When you push the roof down very lightly it stops or when you press from the inside up also stops, anyone knows what we should be looking at in that area? Need answers ASAP so i could let him know. he's going to try to fix the problem on a loaner as both loaners that they gave me had exact same problems but worth and once he finds a solution he will fix my car. But maybe you guys know a way to fix it I'd like to help the Ron from Ray Catena lexus. Thank you!
Old 08-01-07, 10:01 PM
dspIS250
Pole Position

i've never heard of so many people complaining about squeaks and rattles in one place.
Old 08-01-07, 10:30 PM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Come on now....your over doing it with the rattles...Tell me one car that doesn't rattle...Rattles are normal....unless coming from the engine.
Old 08-01-07, 10:40 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tripleflip
Hi guys! Well my 07 used to rattle in about 10 places. After the first time and a replaced mirror i had only about 9 rattles left, so once again we drove around for 30 min and def picked up all the rattles, so again left it for 2 days. 2 days later 3 rattles left and one of them we don't know how to fix (others will be fixed i hope)

So the thing that rattles is the little door on the door panel where you put your drink in as well as a bit from the windows/morror control dash. but again the main problem is that little door when the music is on, buzz on both doors. Dealer is actually very good and understanding but he already done a lot of stuff to the car and has no idea how to fix that rattle in the little door. When you push the panel into the door rattle stops but when you push the panel without the little door rattle doesn't stop, so it def has to do something with the little door. This will actually be the 4th time now them trying to fix it but at least they're going to pick my car up and give me a loaner so i won't have to make that 1 hour trip.

I really need your help with a little door as we tried stuffing foam into all the gaps in the little door with no help for like 4 hours today. All doors are super insulated with foam so there is a lot of foam, so much that they had to push the panel in really hard. Sound sounds terrific now but there is the buzz.....

Now the last problem that i can now hear is from the roof in the back where the antena is. Sounds like a wire vibrating. When you push the roof down very lightly it stops or when you press from the inside up also stops, anyone knows what we should be looking at in that area? Need answers ASAP so i could let him know. he's going to try to fix the problem on a loaner as both loaners that they gave me had exact same problems but worth and once he finds a solution he will fix my car. But maybe you guys know a way to fix it I'd like to help the Ron from Ray Catena lexus. Thank you!

gosh!!!!!
I have never seen a person whe complains so much either
not one car is rattle free
what you need to do is turn on your stereo and forget about little rattles
Old 08-02-07, 04:51 AM
BUST
Pole Position

When I first got my 2IS, I had the same problem with the door panel, it starts rattling when I have my music volume on 28, with +1 on the bass. it's annoying when u hear the 'drrt drrrt drrrt' , Lexus replaced my front right speakers for free and everything is crystal clear now.
Old 08-02-07, 04:58 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Man that is a-lot of rattles. The issues that I have/had was a back deck rattle during certain bass notes that was easily fixed w/some insulation, and the center console snaps and pops [quite frequently actually] if the car is left in the sun for any period of time. Once the car cools down, everything quiets down nicely.

Yes there are the occasional snaps and pops, but like someone said here, show me a vehicle that is rattle-free 100% of the time in any atmospheric condition. Besides, these are only present if I have the radio turned off. I will say that my IS and my other Lexus vehicles have been the best in regards to this issue. Some have not been so lucky.
Old 08-02-07, 05:00 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

After the first time and a replaced mirror
was this the rear view mirror?...if so did it actully make a noise or did it vibrate alot?...
Old 08-02-07, 08:19 AM
tripleflip
Driver School Candidate

darn guys, i need solution to the problem not tell me rattling is ok in a lexus, my Toyota Solara 04 had a better sound system and did not rattle anywhere near as much as this IS.

Originally Posted by nehal51086
was this the rear view mirror?...if so did it actully make a noise or did it vibrate alot?...
Yeah, rear view mirror, it wasn't vibrating, it was either the mounting that was rattleing or something inside, yes it was making noise. They actually have a recall on the mirror and they replace it with a looser mounting which is noise free so far.
Old 08-02-07, 08:30 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

darn guys, i need solution to the problem not tell me rattling is ok in a lexus, my Toyota Solara 04 had a better sound system and did not rattle anywhere near as much as this IS.

Yeah, rear view mirror, it wasn't vibrating, it was either the mounting that was rattleing or something inside, yes it was making noise. They actually have a recall on the mirror and they replace it with a looser mounting which is noise free so far.
You either must be very unlucky, or you have supersensitive hearing. I've had zero rattles in my one year old IS350. It is as tight as a drum, and I know others don't have rattles either. No suggestion on how to resolve your issues, but hope you get some resolution.
Old 08-02-07, 12:19 PM
mir
Driver

I dont have rattles. But I do have squeaks and creeks from dash on hot days. I have accepted it as normal expansion and contraction of material.

Good luck.
Old 08-02-07, 12:47 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Don't feel bad I have this crazy rattle in my B pillar on my driver's side that my dealership can't fix.. They can't hear it and refuse to take my car up to 70 mph to test it out.

So as time progresses its getting louder and eventually they'll be able to hear it at cruising range.

Car is turning a year old in a September and that was my only real complaint. Well, that and the paint being waaaay too soft. But that is what everyone is going through.
Old 08-02-07, 02:29 PM
THoon
Rookie

You're probably making it worse by getting the door panels removed so much. The clips are probably worn down and will cause more rattles later on.
Old 08-02-07, 03:35 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is a lot of noises in one car. Crazy. Glad I dont have that many. Those that I do have I dont really care about. I just turn the music up!
Old 08-02-07, 04:57 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

the mechanic is SUPER PATIENT, he worths my

back to the topic: if you cant fix it this time, drive it for another while and take it back...if they already fixed it, sometime the noise will go away after you drive it for a while and never come back!

good luck and keep us posted.....

Last edited by kickin8; 08-02-07 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-02-07, 08:20 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if youre ocd like me, youll eventually tear your own car apart to resolve the rattles. i have encountered 3 that i cannot fix myself. as a result, i am fine with these rattles

Quick Reply: At dealer 2 times and it still rattles. Dealer and I ask 4 ur Help