Purchasing an IS350... Some Comments

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-07, 10:24 AM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Purchasing an IS350... Some Comments

Hi guys,

I have been lurking around the ES and IS forum a bit since I cannot make up my mind. But while I was getting quotes on the 07 IS350 I found out that some people are just very disrespectful of your requests. I am in Nor Cal but moving to So Cal. But anyways, so far the best experience I have is with Newport Lexus with Hugh Nguyen. The not so great, Elise Fong from Longo of Lexus. I feel that when you specify "No CALL" yet they call, it is very disrespectful, especially when you are at work or in a meeting. Also I felt that after the conversation, the tone was not so comforting since it felt more like interrogating, so calling actually made up the decision to not shop at Longo. I have tried, Tustin, Westminster, Glendale, Mission Viejo, and some others but they either give me one or two email responses and not follow through, or no response. I am still in talks with Hugh Nguyen and I hope he pulls through. If not then BMW here I come. Do you guys think I can get an IS350 with nav and x-package for 35.0K OTD? or IS350 with no nav and no x-package for 33.0K OTD. Yes I said IS350. Nothing is impossible. I really hope Hugh can pull through. My wifey's sister bought from Newport of Lexus as well and they found a great experience there. Well these are just my comments for those looking. I mean shop around for yourself to see if I am right. You don't have to take my word for it. Just my thoughts for those looking.

BTW, this post is not to offend any of the dealerships that may look at this forum, rather to give feedback on a perspective customer's personal opinion on their shopping experience. Some may have a different experience, but these were my conclusions. Thanks. Good luck to others.

Last edited by reyrey127; 06-30-07 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-30-07, 10:31 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I cant help you with your nocal/socal stealership problems but lemme give you some advice, your in the mainland, NAV is a necessity rather than a luxury, dont forget to add ML with the NAV since you get max benefit from this combi. As for other options is all a matter of personal choice/bankaccount size.
Old 06-30-07, 10:46 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think invoice for what you're looking at is just over $35K. Don't know if anyone's gotten $2K+ under invoice before. If you can, kudos as inventory on 350's always seem to be on the low side.
Old 06-30-07, 10:47 AM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had good luck with Tustin, but I was disappointed when I took delivery. There was a tiny rock chip on the front bumper and they were basically like F-off. I gave them a hard time so they said the 'paint doctor' would come out to my house and fix it at their expense, but that never happened even after I called.

I ended up taking it to Aerotech for my clear bra since I figured the longer I waited the more chips I'd get and Fransisco dabbed some touch up on it and after installing the clear bra its almost impossible to spot so I've forgotten about it. Still though I was disappointed they didn't follow through on their word.
Old 06-30-07, 10:57 AM
nrsk4u
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reyrey127
Hi guys,

I have been lurking around the ES and IS forum a bit since I cannot make up my mind. But while I was getting quotes on the 07 IS350 I found out that some people are just very disrespectful of your requests. I am in Nor Cal but moving to So Cal. But anyways, so far the best experience I have is with Newport Lexus with Hugh Nguyen. The not so great, Elise Fong from Longo of Lexus. I feel that when you specify "No CALL" yet they call, it is very disrespectful, especially when you are at work or in a meeting. Also I felt that after the conversation, the tone was not so comforting since it felt more like interrogating, so calling actually made up the decision to not shop at Longo. I have tried, Tustin, Westminster, Glendale, Mission Viejo, and some others but they either give me one or two email responses and not follow through, or no response. I am still in talks with Hugh Nguyen and I hope he pulls through. If not then BMW here I come. Do you guys think I can get an IS350 with nav and x-package for 35.0K OTD? or IS350 with no nav and no x-package for 33.0K OTD. Yes I said IS350. Nothing is impossible. I really hope Hugh can pull through. My wifey's sister bought from Newport of Lexus as well and they found a great experience there. Well these are just my comments for those looking. I mean shop around for yourself to see if I am right. You don't have to take my word for it. Just my thoughts for those looking.

BTW, this post is not to offend any of the dealerships that may look at this forum, rather to give feedback on a perspective customer's personal opinion on their shopping experience. Some may have a different experience, but these were my conclusions. Thanks. Good luck to others.
I was in that same spot!!!! with all the same dealers and everything, LOL!!
I found julian at glendale to be the best! even with the 2800 he took off msrp. If you do go over to BMW good luck but I found it hardly compares. just my opinion though.
Old 06-30-07, 12:31 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure you can do that price. Are you doing a special order? All the IS350s I have seen with Nav have premium as well. Try Marc Fata @ Longo Lexus. If you PM me, I'll give you my referral.
Old 06-30-07, 01:33 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

I am glad all of you have posted in response to my comment. I know some have mentioned that I would not be able to get that price, but I will try. Thanks for your concern.

In regards to Tustin and Glendale, I remember them vividly because I never got an email response from either one of them. I could try them again, but if they don't care enough to respond to my email how could I expect them to take care of me when I have a problem. Similar to what someone posted above, it proves my assumption. But I can always give the benefit of the doubt and try again. I am very open-minded, but first appearance means alot.

As for Lexus of Longo, I could try again with another sales rep, but I prefer online negotiating or in-person negotiating. I don't like phone conversations as much since a person's gesture can tell alot about the person's character. Being that I am in Nor Cal, in-person negotiating will be difficult.
But the best would be to negotiate everything and then all i need is to go in and pay for the vehicle.

Well, these are just my opinion and concerns. I am not attacking any specific dealership as I had mentioned, merely stating my experiences. If anyone has any suggestions or specific online people to contact, let me know so I can PM you.

Thanks.
Old 06-30-07, 01:43 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

marc.fata@longolexus.com

I know him personally, he has been working there for about 7 years or something.
Old 06-30-07, 01:45 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by OC 335i
marc.fata@longolexus.com

I know him personally, he has been working there for about 7 years or something.
Thanks. Should I let him know who sent me over to him? It would be fair to give you credit if my purchase comes through with him. Thanks again.
Old 06-30-07, 02:47 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Np. Good luck.

PM Sent.
Old 06-30-07, 02:59 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Hi guys,

Not trying to hate or anything but...i doubt u can get that good of a deal...if ya do though...let us know! g luck!
Old 06-30-07, 03:34 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Nothing is impossible.
Your asking price is impossible.

Maybe that's why you're not being taken seriously at the various dealerships?
Old 06-30-07, 03:43 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Your asking price is impossible.

Maybe that's why you're not being taken seriously at the various dealerships?

In response to your comment, I have not told them what my price is. I have merely been obtaining prices from them and getting a rough idea of what the mean value is. No one knows of what price I have in mind. So not even knowing what I am thinking, they should treat me as they would any perspective customer.

I am very flexible, but must get the best deal. If the price I am looking for is "impossible" then I can always move higher. I feel that nothing is impossible, maybe improbable, but never impossible. We will see what I can get. I have yet to show them my cards yet. But thank you for your comment.
Old 06-30-07, 03:59 PM
smitty1515
Driver School Candidate

reyrey, is it imperative that you buy new? I have seen some nice IS350's with sub 10,000 miles that are priced around 34k. They are loaded too...ML, NAV, HID, etc. from what i've seen and read it seems like you might have to add a bit to your goal but you never know what you can do when you put your mind to it. good luck and let us know how it goes for you.
Old 06-30-07, 04:06 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by smitty1515
reyrey, is it imperative that you buy new? I have seen some nice IS350's with sub 10,000 miles that are priced around 34k. They are loaded too...ML, NAV, HID, etc. from what i've seen and read it seems like you might have to add a bit to your goal but you never know what you can do when you put your mind to it. good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Thank you. Yes new is what I am looking for, preferably something less than 10 miles. Anything over that would require alot of thinking to see if I can accept. But thank you for your comment. I will keep this board informed. No doubt about that.

Quick Reply: Purchasing an IS350... Some Comments