IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS Navigation Overseas

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 11:57 PM
mishref
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just brought in an IS-F from USA to Kuwait .. We have tried the Navigation DVD's from a 06 GS and 08 LS; neither of them worked (incorrect DVD). We are going to try getting the Navigation DVD from a 08 IS and test it again today.
Old 08-29-08, 02:23 AM
Oakley IS
Driver

Im looking to export a IS350 from US to Norway pretty soon, and the toyota dealer here told me I just need to swap the north american discs out for the western europe discs and it should work just fine - without one fuction - the destination function. I guess your able to see the map and everything, but you wont be able to enter a destiation.

you guys think this sounds true? or are they trying to trick me into buying a car from them instead?

I actually an extra set of the western europe discs...maybe we should set up a test?

Lars.
Old 08-29-08, 11:25 AM
mishref
Driver School Candidate

We just tried the DVD from a 07 IS .. same error message, something along the lines of "unable to read, please change dvd". I guess that the actual DVD player needs to be changed along with the DVD.
Old 08-29-08, 06:21 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by mishref
We just tried the DVD from a 07 IS .. same error message, something along the lines of "unable to read, please change dvd". I guess that the actual DVD player needs to be changed along with the DVD.
Just out of curiosity, did you pull the nav fuse? The navigation system will automatically load newer firmware, but requires a reset to load older code.
Old 09-03-08, 08:00 AM
mishref
Driver School Candidate

We pulled the NAV fuse, reset the battery and even tried creating a hybrid disc (KWI data from GCC DVD).. No luck getting it to work.
Old 06-25-09, 07:49 AM
stourma
Driver School Candidate

What was the final determination on this issue? I've recently moved to Italy and want to change the Nav DVD in my 06 IS 250 to the Western Europe DVD. Any word on if this is possible.
Old 06-25-09, 03:09 PM
A/C
Driver

I shipped USDM IS250 AWD to Russia, installed a Toyota Navigation Russia DVD and its working fine. Also there are plenty of RX, GS and GX from USA here and local navi disks work on them.

Last edited by Bichon; 06-25-09 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Remove software piracy references
Old 06-28-09, 05:54 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mishref
We pulled the NAV fuse, reset the battery and even tried creating a hybrid disc (KWI data from GCC DVD).. No luck getting it to work.
Interesting, I still think the firmware is the issue. try loading different GCC firmwares from +-1 year of the IS-F. KWI files swap will only work if the firmwares of the 2 DVDs are identical <-- useful for getting newer maps
Old 04-03-11, 09:56 AM
sartask
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same issue with my 06 GS300. I just imported it to Australia and tried to load a recent disk without success. I even tried to reset via the unplugging the battery..,but will have to try with the circuit breaker. However, as of now I get the same error message. I know Oz is on region 4 though. SOMEONE please help!
Old 04-03-11, 10:19 AM
LEXtegra
Driver

When I shipped my car IS250 from the states to Germany, I had that same issue. Then I did some searching over the internet and found this guy from Bulgaria or Czech that figured out a way to combine the maps from the German Nav to the Us Disc. The only draw back was that it didn't have sound. Well anyway I now have European maps on my stock US Navigation. Minus the sound

Last edited by LEXtegra; 04-03-11 at 11:18 AM. Reason: misspelled a word
Old 04-03-11, 10:32 AM
sartask
Driver School Candidate

Could you post the instructions on how to do this?
Old 04-03-11, 11:05 AM
LEXtegra
Driver

I personally don't know how to do it. Let me see if I can find the guys email or website and I'll hook you up with it.
Old 04-03-11, 11:28 AM
LEXtegra
Driver

sartask, you've got a PM. Check it.
Old 12-10-11, 05:22 AM
Legato
Driver

Just wanted to add some information to this thread...

I own an ISF that is originally from the US (I live in Sweden).

When I bought the car the previous owner told me that the navigation worked and had European maps installed, but that the voice descriptions as well as the voice recognition did not work. This was also the case...

After having the power disconnected once my navigation would not work however. I got a message on my screen saying: "A program cannot be read. Please consult do a dealer"

I contacted Lexus and they told me I needed the US-navigation disc to "reset" the program. I called the previous owner and he was kind enough to send me the disc.

These were the steps:
  1. Remove the clock panel. This was actually easy. Use the "pins" in from the tools in the trunk. Insert them ALL the way in. They have to be inserted from "inside out". Do NOT use a screwdriver for the warning hazard button, this is unnecessary and just risks scratching your display. All you need to do after putting the pins correctly and fully into the holes is to pull the unit out holding both pins.
  2. Eject the European-DVD. Either from the Menu -> Eject DVD option or in my case from the "A program cannot be read"-screen by TAPPING the top left and top right corner repeadeadly.
  3. Insert US-DVD. Insert the US-DVD into the slot, power on the ignition and let the navigation unit load the software from your US-navigation disc.
  4. Eject the US-DVD. Use the Menu -> Eject option.
  5. Insert the European-DVD again. It will automatically load your new maps and your navigation system will now be functional with European maps!
  6. Reinsert the clock panel. Very easily done, just "click" it into place.
Old 10-05-22, 03:12 AM
BillQuach
1st Gear

Originally Posted by LEXtegra
I personally don't know how to do it. Let me see if I can find the guys email or website and I'll hook you up with it.
Hello LEXtegra,
I am having the same issue with my 07 IS250. My origin IS250 Nav AU version broken so i bought new once from Ebay GS300 US version then input the Australia disc version and tried to load a recent disk without success. It only can read the US disc.
However, as of now I get the same error message. I know Oz is on region 4 though. Can you send me instruction how to solve this problem please!

Thank you
​​​​​​