**maintenance Loop Holes**

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-07, 07:47 AM
JRIS250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking **maintenance Loop Holes**

Hey all,

As most of you know, getting your car serviced through the dealership can sometimes be a hastle AND of course expensive.

I just wanted to say that I bought my air filter for $18 and got it installed for FREE at Jiffy Lube (they dont charge labor for this)

Lexus Windshield wipers cost $42 and $23 for each = $65 in wipers..
THAT'S WITHOUT LABOR !!

Jiffy Lube has RainX wipers which cost me $27 total..I understand Lexus wipers have an appearance to them (they're solid on the outside)..while other brands are regular (skeleton looking). Wipers are wipers lol, and that was sure as hell easier on my pocket..

Oil Filters cost about $14 at Lexus...but I hear that Jiffy Lube now carries all components such as gaskets etc. Your car can be serviced there for oil changes fairly cheaper than Lexus and get all the regular service stuff like tire pressure, window washing, fluid checks etc..

Hope this helped..Any of you have similar experiences ?
Old 06-12-07, 07:54 AM
br3akenout
Pole Position

i am never going near a jiffy lube after all the stories i've heard AND first hand experience. Now if any other place did the same thing...sure maybe
Old 06-12-07, 08:02 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

When you get wiper blades from the Stealer you only need the rubber replacements, not the whole wiper assembly. They should cost less then $20 for the set. I paid less then $5 for oil filters (From the Stealer) and I do the change myself.

Koz
Old 06-12-07, 08:09 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Why are you replacing the wipers? All you need are the blade inserts. OEM inserts are seven dollars and change before your ClubLexus discount from Sewell Lexus www.lexus-parts.com. Even at the dealer, you should be able to buy a pair of inserts for less than $20.

Oil filters from Sewell are five dollars and change, plus 98 cents for the drain gasket, before the CL discount. My local dealer charges me five and change for both the filter and gasket.

Two of my friends have had terrible experiences at Jiffy Lube, and they've be featured in TV news stories for charging for work and then not doing it. I like doing my own oil changes and such, but if I didn't I'd find a good independent mechanic.
Old 06-12-07, 08:15 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea all that stuff you listed sounded way too expensive! Something isnt right...
Old 06-12-07, 08:22 AM
danis
Rookie

Thumbs down Jiffy Lube

My last experience with Jiffy Lube is when they put wrong filter on my Integra and all of the oil drained out minutes later while I was on the highway. I returned immediately (luckily no engine damage) for them to put in oil and correct filter and obviosly never have returned and - never will. There is no business I hold in lower esteem then Jiffy Lube.
Old 06-12-07, 09:14 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never go to Jiffy Lube.
Old 06-12-07, 09:19 AM
freddymoo
Pole Position

NEVER TRUST Jiffy!

one time i had an oil change there. several days later i heard some weird noise from my engine..didn't know what it was...and i ignored it thinking it will go away..but it didnt. finally i bought it to a mechanic. he open my hood and told me whoever change the oil didn't put back the cap. oil spill everywhere..made my engine look so dirty. i was so pissed. i contacted jiffy and they told me bring it in and they will give me a new oil change and reimburse me. i told them just give me credit refund...and i dont' ever want to set foot in that place again.

i heard many more horror stories from this "business".
Old 06-12-07, 09:20 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jiffy Lube is the devil
Old 06-12-07, 09:26 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

you must work for jip-me lube.
Old 06-12-07, 09:30 AM
freddymoo
Pole Position

i rather pay $200 up front than paying $2000 down the road...luckily my oil didn't drain all of it or else my engine would have blown...and guess who will pay for that?
Old 06-12-07, 09:35 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

After my last experience there, I wouldn't even take a dump in a Jiffy Lube.

I took my wife's RX there for oil change when my usual place was unexpectedly closed for the day. The car dripped oil all over my garage and driveway for a couple of days until I discovered that the oil filter was on only finger tight. When I went back to complain, the manager was nowhere to be found and the idiot kids running the place didn't give a damn. The manager wouldn't return my phone call. I filed a complaint on their website but the only response I got from that was a $5 off coupon on my next visit. Now JF is on my permanent boycott list.
Old 06-12-07, 09:38 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its easier to get the stuff ur self and do it. Jip me lube hehe
Old 06-12-07, 09:49 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

who ever said you had to have your car serviced at the dealer?
Yeah Jiffylube is a joke, they have been found guilty many times in many states for fraud and casuing damage to customers cars.
Find a mechanic you trust, or learn to do it yourself. Keep good records and keep the reciepts
Old 06-12-07, 10:12 AM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JRIS250
Hey all,

As most of you know, getting your car serviced through the dealership can sometimes be a hastle AND of course expensive.

I just wanted to say that I bought my air filter for $18 and got it installed for FREE at Jiffy Lube (they dont charge labor for this)

Lexus Windshield wipers cost $42 and $23 for each = $65 in wipers..
THAT'S WITHOUT LABOR !!

Jiffy Lube has RainX wipers which cost me $27 total..I understand Lexus wipers have an appearance to them (they're solid on the outside)..while other brands are regular (skeleton looking). Wipers are wipers lol, and that was sure as hell easier on my pocket..

Hope this helped..Any of you have similar experiences ?

You got to be ****ting me.....as Dennis Miller would say. Jiffy Lube!!!! I took my 91 Camry there after my regular one/stop (Camry only) closed down. I told the clerk that the car only takes 3 and a half quarts of oil with filter. No problem he says 'as he looks it up in his book'. Nope, he says 'it takes 4 and a half quarts. I told him again his book is wrong. So they changed to oil and when I pick up the car I immediately checked the stick. It was almost double the markings. I showed the dipstick to the clerk 'wow, I guess we'll have to drain out a quart. NO **** SHERLOCK and they did. Jiffy Lube will never see my Camry again let alone my Lexus........EVER

Quick Reply: **maintenance Loop Holes**