IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: What Damage Has Your 2G IS Suffered?
Front Bumper Spoiler Damage From Parking Or Other
23.65%
Rock Paint Chip Damage
54.28%
Rim Curb Rash / Bent Rim
34.46%
Cracked Windshield
8.78%
Body Dings / Dents
23.65%
Cracked or Broken Headlight or Fog Light
2.70%
Vehicle VS Vehicle Accident
6.98%
Car Keyed
8.33%
Front or Rear Bumper Scratch / Scuff Marks
27.70%
Interior Damage (Explain Below)
7.43%
Other (Explain Below)
9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

What Damage Has Your 2G IS Suffered?

Old 08-01-07, 12:41 AM
caribmon71
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit and run in a parking lot while I gobbled down on a burger. Damage to the front left side of bumper. Scratched and gauged. Had it repaired. Same week, got hit by a stray golf ball while parked in a resort parking lot during a golfing tournament. From the size of the dent on my roof, it must have been dropped from a plane. This was a hit and walk. I doubt the responsible person would be able run with that heavy golf bag. If he did, I'm sure he looked pretty stupid.

Still deciding whether to have the roof repaired or replaced. I'm getting quotes for a replacement roof and the related labor, but I don't know if I actually want to have my car torn apart to have the roof replaced. I'm afraid it won't be factory quality.

My front tire is stretched (225/35-20 on an 8.5" rim), so the rim protrudes a little from the tire. That edge is very susceptible to damage. I hit a very low curb while making a U turn. I cracked the concrete with the edge of the rim. I think that the curb took a small chunk off my rim.

Pardon the fragmented grammar.
Old 08-01-07, 12:49 AM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like most everyone has rim damage of some type. I should also comment that I was making the same U-Turn. But mine was on a culdesac (right behind the beach--I was hoping the road would go through, but dead end). As I was making the turn, didn't realize how sharp it was and "BOOOM"!!!! Hit it hard!!! Ran out the door still in gear, lol. Everything started beeping all at once. I thought I was going to die and that my car would explode.

Took a chunk of rim off. The front tires on the IS are so thin on the front. It barely provides adequate protection to the rim compared to normal wheels.

It was from that day on, I start to let the car go. It's just not the same anymore because it's not new and with all the damage I have all over the body, it's just another beat up car. Haven't washed it in over a month and two weeks.
Old 08-01-07, 02:41 PM
caribmon71
Rookie

Take it to a body shop and tell them to make it new again. You'll love your car again once you get it back. It will probably cost a lot less than what you think. Your insurance company will probably take care of it... less your deductible.
Old 08-27-07, 08:16 PM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

i scratched the bottom part of my front lip too, but i was parking and i am so used to higher cars i didnt realize that my car would make it over the stupid curb on the parking spot in front, but furtunatly its unnotice able but not to me obviously lol, my heart is still aching =[
Old 08-27-07, 08:30 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damaged front right axle where it attaches to the lug pattern, coilover, brakes, A/C, foglight, broken rim, body work and unknown amount of undercarridge damage. Havent requested a damage assesment.
Old 08-27-07, 09:42 PM
dfw350
Lead Lap

all my scratches make me wanna trade my car in
Old 09-09-07, 08:48 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by sea712
Lexus IS250 vs. power pole transformer that fell out of the sky...needless to say, the transformer won. The car was parked on a street and this is what I came back to when I returned to my car. The car was totaled after 6 weeks of Lexus saying they were going to fix it. Cracked engine block with a ton of other work that would have needed to be done. It was a sad, sad day. Going to buy another one as soon as I get insurance money...

This is incredible!
Old 09-09-07, 11:44 PM
HighImStan
Pole Position

#1 Swirls from dealer car wash. Had it detailed and looked brand new again. Begin to ash it myself and small noticeable swirls. Will go touchless wash from now on.

#2 Rock chips on front bumper and hood. Should've got clear bra but thought it didn't look good. Looking to repaint after a year or two.

#3 Wheels-park too close to curb. My fault.

#4 Lower front lip-park too close again. My fault.

#5 May'07 Left cell phone in car. Passenger window broken into. Glass shattered and scratched passenger seat leather and dented exterior door. Insurance was able to cover for a new leather over seat and repaint the door. Really good job. Looks brand new with no color differentiation.

#6 Interior leather easily scratch (have black interior), especially the back of the seats. Used Lexus leather cleaners but not effective.

#7 Someone lightly keyed driver's side door.
Old 09-10-07, 03:56 AM
ohnoitsmo
Pole Position

some lady decided she didnt want to turn anymore, so instead of turning she just pulled out right into my car from the turning lane
lame.

oh and make up and etc. on the passenger side in my car, from the gf :/
Old 10-10-07, 10:49 AM
tomede
Driver School Candidate

Dent and paint damage on left front door.
People can't open doors properly in parking lots............
Car is 3 months old!
Cost me 3 days at workshop
Old 11-08-07, 10:38 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ohnoitsmo

some lady decided she didnt want to turn anymore, so instead of turning she just pulled out right into my car from the turning lane
lame.

OUCH - That hurts
Old 11-08-07, 12:48 PM
BLK*LEX
Rookie

I had my back passenger side door keyed about a month after having the car.....it was thick as hell and a big spot...ill try to find pics that i had.....cant remember what i took them with.....
Old 11-08-07, 12:50 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sea712
Lexus IS250 vs. power pole transformer that fell out of the sky...needless to say, the transformer won. The car was parked on a street and this is what I came back to when I returned to my car. The car was totaled after 6 weeks of Lexus saying they were going to fix it. Cracked engine block with a ton of other work that would have needed to be done. It was a sad, sad day. Going to buy another one as soon as I get insurance money...
thats real badddddddddddddddddddddddd
Old 11-08-07, 12:51 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ohnoitsmo

lame.

That must hurt,specially the gf thing,same here
Old 11-08-07, 06:42 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Lexus paint seems to be very soft and chips easily. Even my honda didnt have as much chips and its over 13 yrs old. I got like multiple chips on the lower part of my GFX lip and on the edge of my fender behind the tire. She just made a year and I hardly drive her.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Damage Has Your 2G IS Suffered?