IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

is250 TSB

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 10:12 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimjaix
Please link me the TSB for the IS x50, I just called the dealership and they said they only have it for the GS not the IS.
God... I hate that we have to do the leg work for them! Stupid dealers! They should mail letters out as these things come out and ask us if we have noticed these issues and if so please bring the car by and have them fix it for free. Heres the TSIB man.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-BR002-06.pdf (18.5 KB, 234 views)
Old 05-30-07, 10:34 AM
rinthiran
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the TSB for my IS350. Of course, a significant reduction in brake dust and no more sweaking. I noticed the brakes were a bit "softer" in brake feel, but I didn't notice any loss in braking power. Car seems to stop just as fast as with the OEM pads.

Did a few emergency stops and seems to come to a stop just as fast, BUT I didn't record any before-and-after braking distances, so YMMW.
Old 05-30-07, 01:34 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ben_r_
God... I hate that we have to do the leg work for them! Stupid dealers! They should mail letters out as these things come out and ask us if we have noticed these issues and if so please bring the car by and have them fix it for free. Heres the TSIB man.
Thanks a lot man, now I can shovel the paper up their behind
Old 05-30-07, 01:52 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

This TSB applys to AWD also right? Just making sure I don't wanna be a fool when I get there and they say some bs
Old 05-30-07, 08:55 PM
katzalex
Driver School Candidate

Its not that the TSIB expires, thats good through the life of the warranty, but in some cases like the brakes if your brakes are worn down past a certain point the dealerships will not do the TSIB so you will be SOL. However at 5000 miles you should be fine. Youll just have to deal with dirty rims for another 4200!

Can anyone confirm that they can refuse to do the TSIB if the brakes are worn down?
Old 05-31-07, 06:53 AM
optsgirl
Rookie

I just called my dealer and they said that my VIN does not fall in the production range for the TSIB....wtf?

I have complained twice on the amount of brake dust, even had a nice squealing noise in the front left brakes a few times.

Grrrh.....
Old 05-31-07, 07:25 AM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Anyone got a link for all the IS x50 TSBS?
Old 05-31-07, 08:01 AM
optsgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by jimjaix
Anyone got a link for all the IS x50 TSBS?
What dealer are you taking your car to get the TSIB fixed?
Old 05-31-07, 08:13 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by optsgirl
I just called my dealer and they said that my VIN does not fall in the production range for the TSIB....wtf?

I have complained twice on the amount of brake dust, even had a nice squealing noise in the front left brakes a few times.

Grrrh.....
print out the TSB, bring it into your dealer and ask em to show you where it says the affected VIN range. my SA tried to deny me but i showed him the tsb and told him to read it and tell me what it says. 3 minutes later he goes and tells his tech to swap em out.
Old 05-31-07, 08:16 AM
optsgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
print out the TSB, bring it into your dealer and ask em to show you where it says the affected VIN range. my SA tried to deny me but i showed him the tsb and told him to read it and tell me what it says. 3 minutes later he goes and tells his tech to swap em out.
I just called Corporate Lexus to confirm that this doesn't have anything to do with the affected VIN range. She says it is applicable to all 2006-2007 IS 250 vehicles. Plus the fact that I have complained about excessive dust in the past and that one time incident of the brakes squealing on my front left brake.

They will follow up in a couple of days.
Old 06-01-07, 06:38 AM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by optsgirl
What dealer are you taking your car to get the TSIB fixed?
Bay Ridge, why? got any recommendation?
Old 06-01-07, 08:52 AM
optsgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
I called Corporate yesterday. Today I get a call from Lexus of Smithtown to bring in my car.
Old 06-03-07, 04:32 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can all you that got your tsb for IS250 in southern california please let me know which dealer you guys went to? Tustin lexus will not do anything for us and it's pissing us off. CL member's help will be appreciated.
Old 06-03-07, 04:43 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn, i can't beleive i missed this. Thanks for the great info. I will contact the corporate and let them know how sux tustin lexus's service. Bunch of liers and discrace for being in the service department for lexus.

what CA lexus did you guys all bring your car in to get the TSB? We need our 250 fix asap. We have so much problem with 250 and i'm not even kidding.....
Old 06-03-07, 05:10 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
can all you that got your tsb for IS250 in southern california please let me know which dealer you guys went to? Tustin lexus will not do anything for us and it's pissing us off. CL member's help will be appreciated.
got mine done at glendale. what did tustin say to deny you?

Quick Reply: is250 TSB