IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

McGrath Lexus - Service Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-07, 12:58 PM
Irishfan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McGrath Lexus - Service Dept.

= Awesome! Superior to Lexus of Naperville (where I actually bought the car). Stopped by, had the tech register a new set of TPMS and disable the DRL's in 5 minutes, no charge. A large contrast to L of Naperville, who flat-out refused to deactivate DRL's (even though I brought the instructions from that one thread), and wanted to charge me an hour's worth of labor for the TPMS registry.
Old 05-22-07, 01:13 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had great experience with Bredeman if you ever find yourself out that way.
Old 05-22-07, 01:21 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tcho82
I've had great experience with Bredeman if you ever find yourself out that way.
You must have not read the "Park Assist Nightmare" thread. Bredeman =
Old 05-22-07, 01:38 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

I did read it, but didn't follow the entire thread. Didn't realize that it was Bredemann that did that. Well my experiences with Bredemann have been excellent. I've had all kinds of issues and they done nothing but try and correct them all. I had a rattling in my doors, so they ended up replacing, all of that doors speakers, replaced and added more insulation, changed out the Mark Levinson Amp, and even treated my leather. They did all of this with no hesitation. I do agree that the parking assist situation is a bad call, but I would blame that more on the sales dept rather than service. Service does things after the fact, they aren't responsible for sealing the deal.
Old 05-22-07, 02:09 PM
Rasengan
Rookie

any contact person at McGrath? i called before asking to have my DRLs turned off but they said there was no way...which service rep did you talk to?

also, does McGrath have the free built-in Starbucks coffee, free food/soda, and free wifi like Lexus of Naperville has?
Old 05-22-07, 02:14 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its just stupid that dealers wont turn off DRLs... Its my car, I bought it, if I want to replace the rims with spares and chop the top off and make it a permanent convertible thats my right! Similarly if I want the stupid headlights off so I dont have to pay the dealer 100 bucks for new ones after the dumb things are on for months I shouldnt have to argue with anyone. They should be more than happen to provide a service they are required to provide and do as I have asked.

Done ranting.
Old 05-22-07, 02:17 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder if there is anyone out there who has done a custom chop on an IS.... there is a first for everything... flex will be crazy, and the top would look like crap, but hey, it'd still be a convertible. Ok back on topic.
Old 05-22-07, 02:36 PM
Irishfan
Driver

Didn't catch the tech's name...I just showed up, told him what I wanted, and it was done. No service reps were involved. Dunno about the coffee, etc. When I take my cars in for service, I prefer to be front and center when it happens (for learning purposes, not because I'm suspicious) rather than in some waiting room.

Ben - 100% completely agree. If they have the capacity to do it, friggin' DO IT. That's the same as what I was getting at Naperville...they pulled out the pretty brochure telling them about the customizable features on the car, point out the fact that DRL's on/off isn't on there, and tell me to get lost, even though I showed them the instructions. Maybe it isn't as much a function of the dealership as much as it is the tech/service people you encounter when you show up.
Old 05-22-07, 02:48 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i am friends of the owners of McGrath Lexus and i have purchased many of cars from them. they are great to deal with at every level of the dealership. they have 2 locations, one in westmont and the other in chicago along with other dealers in IL. if i can try to help get contacts please let me know.

Funny thing is they have always had these upscale services at all of there dealers since i meet the family close to 15 years ago. they will pamper you no matter what dealer you are at.
Old 05-22-07, 02:55 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tcho82
I did read it, but didn't follow the entire thread. Didn't realize that it was Bredemann that did that. Well my experiences with Bredemann have been excellent. I've had all kinds of issues and they done nothing but try and correct them all. I had a rattling in my doors, so they ended up replacing, all of that doors speakers, replaced and added more insulation, changed out the Mark Levinson Amp, and even treated my leather. They did all of this with no hesitation. I do agree that the parking assist situation is a bad call, but I would blame that more on the sales dept rather than service. Service does things after the fact, they aren't responsible for sealing the deal.

i agree! service didnt sell them the product they just did what they where given to do (as bad as it was).

I can stand by the service i have always counted on at McGrath! and would send anyone i know to them.
Old 05-22-07, 03:53 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

I used to take my acura and honda to McGrath Acura in Morton Grove, so if the family stands by the same principals at all their dealerships I'd attest to great service. Although Acura service never seems to compare to Lexus service.