IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Canadians Get Shafted as Usual

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 12:51 AM
Koofteh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadians Get Shafted as Usual

So I picked up my IS250 about ten days ago... everything is going well with the car and I've learnt a lot off this forum.

The one thing that annoys me though is that Lexus Canada doesn't offer either ML or satnav on the RWD 250. How stupid is that? Pretty much all other options are available across the range except for these two.

I had no choice unless I wanted to pay so much more for a 350... I guess I'm just wondering why Lexus does this in Canada?

Anybody else in my situation... wanting a satnav but not having the option? And what makes it worse is that the Lexus navs are so cool, unlike for example the garbage that's on most Mercs.
Old 05-08-07, 12:55 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The title can be perceived in soooo many ways...
Old 05-08-07, 01:19 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i didn't know you couldn't get nav/ml in canada on a 250? is this what your sales person told you? cuz i find it hard to believe that it's available for the 350 but not the 250. i'm thinking your sales guy just told you this to put you in whatever car they had on the lot at the time. i know several people were told they couldn't get nav in a 250 stick... so they settled for no nav. they figured out later the sales person lied to them just so they can put em in whatever car they had on the lot.
Old 05-08-07, 02:04 AM
Koofteh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ No, check the Lexus.ca website and you'll see. It's available on the AWD 250 but not on the RWD which I have. Even though I got the sport package which in Canada is the most expensive on the 250.

Ahh, it's so nice that damn thing. If you do the hack is there any way to have your rearview camera on while driving? That somehow interests me.
Old 05-08-07, 02:13 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by OC 335i
The title can be perceived in soooo many ways...
Haha, I had to double take to check if this was posted in the Clubhouse or not.
Old 05-08-07, 06:06 AM
Katsumi
Driver School Candidate

I'll bet you they choose not to because it wouldn't sell as well here in Canada. Because we have pretty intense winters in almost all of Canada, Lexus figured the average Canadian would purchase the AWD model. The assumption was made that if anyone here was to get the RWD version, it would be due to money restraints and thus would not choose the NAV/ML package. This is what I got out of talking with my sales lady. It kinda sucks, but makes a bit of sense because even though it is and option, it costs them some amount of money to do so. If it isn't going to sell much, there isn't much of a point in doing so. Here in Edmonton it seems that most IS's are either 350's or an AWD if it's a 250. I think i'm the only RWD so far.
Old 05-08-07, 08:18 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i think the website just shows what is allocated to your region. you could have gotten it if you special ordered it.
Old 05-08-07, 09:44 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Koofteh
^ No, check the Lexus.ca website and you'll see. It's available on the AWD 250 but not on the RWD which I have. Even though I got the sport package which in Canada is the most expensive on the 250.

Ahh, it's so nice that damn thing. If you do the hack is there any way to have your rearview camera on while driving? That somehow interests me.
When was it available on the AWD? When I purchased my 2007 fully loaded, there was no option for ML. You had to purchase the IS350.

If this is the case and you can get AWD with ML.. I am extremely PO'D!
Old 05-08-07, 11:22 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i didn't know you couldn't get nav/ml in canada on a 250? is this what your sales person told you? cuz i find it hard to believe that it's available for the 350 but not the 250. i'm thinking your sales guy just told you this to put you in whatever car they had on the lot at the time. i know several people were told they couldn't get nav in a 250 stick... so they settled for no nav. they figured out later the sales person lied to them just so they can put em in whatever car they had on the lot.
not for 07's. I wanted a SGM 6MT with NAV. Lexus dont make 6MT with that config. In order to get that, I need to special order...... I didnt bother to do that, so I got the TP!

If you REALLY want the car the way you wanted:

1. put down a deposit
2. pay MSRP
3. wait for 4 months

and eventually the car will come in the way u want it!
patience is the virtue, and load of ca$h!
Old 05-08-07, 01:35 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

I don't know why but we don't get as many options/choices as our American counterparts. ML is only for the 350 and then only comes with NAV. I guess they (Lexus) needed more of a reason, than just the extra HP and larger wheels, to make you spend another $8k or so.
Old 05-08-07, 01:55 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koofteh

I believe there is a DIY hack on here some where so you can do that... Dont know where that one is though, youll have to... gasp!!!!... dare I say it...? Do a search!
Old 05-08-07, 02:34 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

low crime rate....... standarized healthcare, half the social issues that the US has. i think we got shafted. LOL
Old 05-08-07, 02:39 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Low crime rate is relative to the demographic area. Their high taxes make up for their healthcare. I was really suprised to see how many Subarus there were when I went to Victoria and toronto.
Old 05-08-07, 02:53 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

true that, thank god i live in a favorable demographic area. But generally speaking canada has less social issues and society infighting compared to the US.
Old 05-08-07, 05:53 PM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Same here in Macau/Hong Kong... We don't even have options they sell packages only... If I have the choice I will get ML and factory HID!!

Quick Reply: Canadians Get Shafted as Usual