IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Negotiating with dealers buying a car in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-07, 07:14 PM
ecoastborn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negotiating with dealers buying a car in Texas

Thanks to some of you I have recieved some great contacts here in Texas.

I have spoken to
Sterling McCaull - Houston
Lexus Austin
SanAntonio
Westside Houston
Northside Houston
Sewell Lexus Dallas
Clearlake Lexus

and fleetrates.com

I have recieved a great rate in Dallas. Here in Houston not so much. SOme dealers are offering a bit higher with same features, while others are saying special ordering is basically very hard and they do not recommend it. I have San Antonio telling me basically she cannot match the package, Austin and Clearlake are getting back with me.

I kind of wanted to let everyone know where I am, this seems to be a good bunch here online and very helpful. I was even thinking about going to a different state but I have a trade in to worry about, and do not want to dump all those miles on the car.

So I really want to know how to handle these people. And I would like to know what it takes to talk to them. I have sent e-mails out, and I see that I have to contact some people twice. Whcih is fine but I thought most would be happy to have another sale. Maybe I am wrong.

How about some advice, or maybe an experience or to. I went through the board of "how much did you pay for your IS250/350" topic all 23 pages of it so I know a few stories.
Old 03-29-07, 08:15 PM
donm3ga
Rookie

Originally Posted by ecoastborn
Lexus Austin
SanAntonio
Westside Houston
Northside Houston
Sewell Lexus Dallas
Clearlake Lexus
Talk to Rodrick Watson at Westside Lexus. Tell him Don Tran sent you.
Old 03-29-07, 08:22 PM
04lrg
Driver

Are you emailing them directly or are you communicating with their internet sales department? I went through edmunds.com, enter in my info and got responses from my local dealers (sewell of dallas and park place of grapevine). My initial visit was to sewell and even before any negotiations, they offered me 500 over invoice (they said that was the internet price, but who knows). I replied to park place and they beat the offer with 300 over invoice. I went with park place since they had my color combo in stock. In the end, i got an even better deal since the car in stock had factory installed tint and rear spoiler that they didn't know about, so they gave to me for free.

My advice is to use email communication until a final price is confirmed. That way, all you need to do is go in and sign the paperwork. Thats what i did. Good luck.
Old 03-29-07, 08:33 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

At Sterling McCall contact Richard Joseph. He is the Internet Sales Manager.

In my experience the dealers are still learning the potential importance of the internet sales route. So some need a bit of 'goosing' to get them going. My overall impression of the dealers in the Houston/Austin/San Antonio triangle (6 dealers total) is there is insufficient competition for this large of market, and prices, in general, are not as discounted as you see in CA, for instance. This is especially true of the IS 350.

Last edited by Evitzee; 03-29-07 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-29-07, 08:36 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i just sent out emails to all houston dealers and neighboring towns, Clear Lake had the one I was looking for on the lot (see sig). Jo Herran is their Internet Sales Manager, shes a nice lady, if you talk to her say Daniel Nguyen referred you
Old 03-30-07, 02:26 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

250 or 350? My advice: call everydealer you can including dealers outside of Texas. You're looking for the best price possible. Then, when you get that unbeatable price you're looking for, wait until the end of the month to negociate the final price. The dealers will go even lower to meet the monthly quota. Its even better in December and January, when they has to meet the anual quota. But if you want the car now follow this advice.

I have spoken to
Lexus Austin
SanAntonio
Westside Houston
Northside Houston
Sewell Lexus Dallas
Clearlake Lexus

and fleetrates.com

I have recieved a great rate in Dallas. Here in Houston not so much. SOme dealers are offering a bit higher.............

Last edited by warrionex; 03-30-07 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-30-07, 02:23 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Sewell of Fort Worth @ end of the month !!!!
Old 03-30-07, 02:44 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

There is also Park Place of Plano (Dallas) and Park Place of Grapevine.
Old 03-30-07, 03:28 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I have spoken to
Lexus Austin
SanAntonio
Westside Houston
Northside Houston
Sewell Lexus Dallas
Clearlake Lexus

and fleetrates.com

I have recieved a great rate in Dallas. Here in Houston not so much. SOme dealers are offering a bit higher with same features, while others are saying special ordering is basically very hard and they do not recommend it. I have San Antonio telling me basically she cannot match the package, Austin and Clearlake are getting back with me.

I kind of wanted to let everyone know where I am, this seems to be a good bunch here online and very helpful. I was even thinking about going to a different state but I have a trade in to worry about, and do not want to dump all those miles on the car.

So I really want to know how to handle these people. And I would like to know what it takes to talk to them. I have sent e-mails out, and I see that I have to contact some people twice. Whcih is fine but I thought most would be happy to have another sale. Maybe I am wrong.

How about some advice, or maybe an experience or to. I went through the board of "how much did you pay for your IS250/350" topic all 23 pages of it so I know a few stories.
try carsdirect.com. they do have good deals by end of the month....

good luck