IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What do you not like about your 2IS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-07, 10:09 AM
Acuraelin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you not like about your 2IS?

I used to work at a Lexus dealership and I like these ISs
But since I don't own one I'm trying to understand what are the problems that would bother you guys?

Maybe not just problems that happens, it could be how is it compare to your previous car, such as handling, power and etc.

thanks
Old 03-18-07, 10:20 AM
KSpider
Driver School Candidate

Honestly, being used to an Audi DSG transmission (dual clutch automatic) I think the IS' transmission SUCKS. However, compared to the other tiptronic trannies i have had it is no worse really.

I am glad i got the x package, with the sport suspension, as I dont think I would have liked the over smooth ride of the regular suspension, i like to feel the road.

Another little thing - why in the hell cant they design the odometer so you can see it AND your trip miles at the same time, I have NEVER had a car that was either or!
Old 03-18-07, 11:07 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't like that we don't have side marker turn signals on the passenger/driver side rearview mirrors.
Old 03-18-07, 11:12 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default TPMS sucks ......

Why can't we see individual tire pressures? I was on a business trip last week and even the rental Impala I had showed the psi in each tire. Why can't Lexus do this in a $40k + automobile? They can do better.
Old 03-18-07, 11:25 AM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KSpider
I am glad i got the x package, with the sport suspension, as I dont think I would have liked the over smooth ride of the regular suspension, ...
"over smooth ride"? It's not nearly as soft a ride as my old 2000 Solara (which I prefer, in my old age). But, then it's a lot quicker, too (which I prefer, at my young age).
Old 03-18-07, 11:37 AM
JoesIS250
Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Why can't we see individual tire pressures? I was on a business trip last week and even the rental Impala I had showed the psi in each tire. Why can't Lexus do this in a $40k + automobile? They can do better.
id have to agree on this 100% whenever the low pressure warning goes off one has to check each and every tire to see what the reading is when it should be indicated on a 40K car.
Old 03-18-07, 12:56 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

when i stop the car by reverse and shut it off .. then come back and turn it on and move the sunshade will not come up ! did the computer forget it went down or what? .. it happens with me everyday

and the damn brake dust
Old 03-18-07, 03:02 PM
559IS350
Driver School Candidate

I hate how the visor does not have an extension...Memory not standard with power seats..Why do I need lexus to program stuff on the car (LPS). Had a 2005 TL and it allowed me to program alot of stuff. Transmission could have REV match feature. At times does not down shift low enough. Needs LSD. But love the car in every other way. Can`t have it all.
Old 03-18-07, 04:13 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dislike the Park assist... i mean the feature is better than nothing but there are only two sensors on the front bumper...my brother has the GS and he has 4... also mine does not go off until i'm like 3 inches away from a solid object... i played around with the setting and that's the earliest i could get it to beep IMO that's a little too close to JUST start beeping. unlike the GS it gives you a good foot and then brings you in... with different light colored indicators on the screen to tell you how far/close you are.

i also dislike not having wood steering wheel, my sunglasses not fitting into the sunglass holder. folding mirrors, TMPS not indicating which tires low, the armrest...it's a little small and i hate the uncool guy to guy elbow rub....and when you have two drinks in the car and you sit with the "lean" and try to use the arm rest... sometimes it unhooks itself and pops open, and not having alot of different body kits for it....

or force induction kits..... oh oh oh oh we could scratch that last one off... LMS SC... *ahem*

other than that.... love the car. haha
Old 03-18-07, 04:53 PM
Eug421
Driver

The automatic tiptronic is the worst ever. And memory seats and HID should be standard from when it just came out. The odometer and tire pressure just as they say. Lexus can do better with those little details.
Old 03-18-07, 09:21 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

too small for me.
Old 03-18-07, 09:49 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

lack of torque for the 250's!!! lol break dustt but that can be fixed with different break pads
Old 03-19-07, 03:20 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

I don't like the blind spots from the large c-pillars when I turn my head to look for vehicles. I am also not a fan of cleaning the front rims nearly every week from excessive brake dust. I also agree with the other poster about the paddle shifts on this car sucking. Other than those three grips, it's a beautiful and aggressive car.
Old 03-19-07, 11:19 AM
punky34
Driver School Candidate

This has too much power pushes me to the back of my seat until i ease on the pedal, it handles too well around corners makes my brain push to the side of my skull, seats hold me in too well i don't slide off, the girls at work and outside nightclubs give me too much attention and compliments and want a dayam ride in the shot gun. Do you guys have this problem too? I'm gonna stop partying in hollywood and party over in Pasadena. Colorado street here I come.
Old 03-19-07, 12:46 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I also hate that the visor does not have extensions. Makes it practically useless when the sun is to the left of you.

i agree that hids/memory seats should be standard items.

Quick Reply: What do you not like about your 2IS?