IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Now this is Customer Service!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-07, 05:54 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now this is Customer Service!

Well I was supposed to have my brakes changed on March the 9th per the TSB but my parts had not arrived, and the dealership failed to tell me this. I wasn't happy but I didn't take that out on my service guy, I just got the oil change and made the appointment again. This morning I arrive to work to find this email. Thank you Lexus! You really are wonderful! BTW does anyone know what they mean by picking the car up? Do they tow it back or does someone actually drive the car? And the best part about all of this is.. I am a state away, atleast an hour or so drive from the dealership. Email below.

--------------------------------------

Ms. Dean,
I talked with my Service Manager and explained the situation to him in reference to the parts that did not come in for your appointment this past Friday. He agreed with me that when your parts arrive we will come pick up your car, leave you a loaner car to use, and also do an "Auto Butler" detail for you. This will all be complimentary due to the inconvenience already caused. This new polish service we have is a brand new piece of equipment that will really make your car shine and protect the paint because it is a sealer. This will reaaly make a difference this summer with the "love bugs"....they wash right off and do not leave that nasty residue.
Again, I will contact you the morning of your appt. to make arrangements to pick up your car. The appointment March 23 is still confirmed unless something happens on your end.

---
W00t! I hope they don't put swirl marks all over my paint but a gamble I'm willing to take.
Old 03-14-07, 06:18 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe, sounds to me like he's hitting on you lol j/k. anyway, they will drive your car, no towing unfortunately.
Old 03-14-07, 06:31 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

swirl marks on Tungston Pearl? They'd have to ROYALLY screw up for you to notice anything.

I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 03-14-07, 08:00 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*sigh* girls they get everything... if it were me they probably send me back home with a rose (god knows why?) and just have me reschedule... good for you. *high five*
Old 03-14-07, 08:52 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow lucky you! This will never happen here is Macau
Old 03-14-07, 10:07 AM
rhsmd
Driver

[QUOTE=IS_Mine;2481674]Well I was supposed to have my brakes changed on March the 9th per the TSB

i've got a 2007 is 350 delivered in 1/07. no one has told me that the brakes need to be worked on. what gives?
Old 03-14-07, 10:13 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

She's getting the alternate lower dust pads. I got them too. They rock way harder than the original pads.
Old 03-14-07, 10:16 AM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

[QUOTE=rhsmd;2482092]
Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Well I was supposed to have my brakes changed on March the 9th per the TSB

i've got a 2007 is 350 delivered in 1/07. no one has told me that the brakes need to be worked on. what gives?
I think this is regarding the Break Dust issue. You can have your breakpads replaced, but unless I am mistaken there is a possiblity that you will subsitute some performance.
Old 03-14-07, 10:17 AM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
She's getting the alternate lower dust pads. I got them too. They rock way harder than the original pads.
A lot of the threads here said that there was a performance loss with the new pads. Do you find them to be better then the original OEM ones?
Old 03-14-07, 10:26 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Yes. Anyone saying there is a performance loss has not driven with them. There is no loss at all in any street driving, and the dust is far less noticeable. So, they do not break your brakes.
Old 03-14-07, 11:24 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
hehe, sounds to me like he's hitting on you lol j/k. anyway, they will drive your car, no towing unfortunately.
Not necessarily. Here in SoCal, the dealers I use will flatbed your car back to the dealership . . .
Old 03-14-07, 11:27 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I'm SO excited. Haha I can't wait and I hope my car will be just as shiney as the day I bought it.

So when I take pictures it will either be

A. Its looks great!
B. OMG WTF have they done!

Our dealership is brand new. They went from a shack of a Lexus dealership to basically a mall. lol its very pretty!
Old 03-14-07, 11:34 AM
n3w813
Driver School Candidate

Someone have a link to the brake TSB? Does it apply to 2007 IS250?

Thanks
Old 03-14-07, 11:46 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Not to thread hi-jack, but how many miles did you have on the original pads when they were changed ? How much pad life left ? I wonder if Lexus will deny the TSB (charge you) if you had too much wear on the original pads before making the change . . .
Old 03-14-07, 12:00 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
W00t! I hope they don't put swirl marks all over my paint but a gamble I'm willing to take.
i am jealous......could you tell them to polish mine too ?

Quick Reply: Now this is Customer Service!