IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What to do with this service department

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-07, 05:57 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with this service department

i didn't buy my is from this dealership, i bought it from one 110 miles away where i was at the time currently living. i have brought my car in three times here in charleston to get a door speaker rattle looked at, a sunroof rattle looked at, and now i have to bring it in again for a constant low-level rattle had happens only while moving, but anywhere from 1mph- .

here's a little timeline

1. took car in to get sunroof and door rattle fixed. service says they can't find a problem with the sunroof and that they couldn't hear a problem. i drive away and hear both problems immediately.

2. call my service rep leave a message never hear back from her.

3. call again a couple days later and get someone to schedual another appointment. this time i sit with a tech in my car to show him the speaker problem. he thinks either the housing is bad or the speaker, i'm thinking the housing since the speaker still performs without distortion at high levels. pick up my car and i still have the sound.

4. call my service rep leave a message never hear back from her.

5. call again a couple days later telling them i found a way to reproduce the sunshade rattle and that my speaker was never fixed as they said it was. a tech isn't available so my retard service rep who can't return a phone call listens as i reproduce the rattle for her. pick up my car, the rattle is still there the door rattle is still there and when i ask them about the sunshade rattle they give me some BS answer "well we didn't want to remove the headliner, it just may be a characteristic of your car". i'm sorry but that is absolute lazy horsesh.t.

6. so now i have a rattle coming from my dash (3, yay!) and this one is the worst. any movement of the car and you can hear it, very random but constant light weight plastic sound.

last thing i want to do is deal with this stupid lady again but now i barely even trust the service department as a whole. i've contacted the dealership i bought it from and told them my frustrations and they seemed more than happy to rip apart my car to find this annoying rattles, i just don't know when i can find the time to drop it off up there.

should i call lexus corp and complain about this department as a whole? try another service rep first? if so should i "demand" all problems be fixed before they call me? these aren't rattles like the ones from the b pillar or drivers door where they are faint and they come and go, all three of these are constant. making me constantly want to drive my car off the bridge
Old 02-14-07, 06:18 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Personally, I would have called Lexus Corp at #4. Both to complain about the problems I'm having with the vehicle, and the dealership's service department (especially the service manager who never gets back to you). Oh, and I'd find a way to use a different dealership...
Old 02-14-07, 06:44 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

it wasn't the manager i was dealing with. i already reported that sob for lieing to my face about DRL being a federal mandate and that they have absolutely no way to turn them off. he still has his job unfortunately.

i have another dealership i can use, the one i purchased the car from in Columbia, SC but would rather get things done locally, obviously.

I have heard that Lexus Corp is very interested in hearing these types of things, but I'm not aware of what is too petty to call them about. Let me know what you guys think, thanks homer.

p.s.
you a hokies fan by any chance? SC just hired beamers son
Old 02-14-07, 06:48 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

What is too petty? Hmmmm, I wouldn't call them if the service department regularly filled my tires to 31 psi when I asked for 32 psi. But nothing you describe is petty. The service manager is unresponsive. It sounds like the entire department is inept. And they lie to you by telling you a problem is resolved when it clearly is not. Each of those is poor customer service (which Lexus does NOT want).
Old 02-14-07, 06:53 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You have been patient but squeaks and rattles are one of the hardest things to address. They may be trying but they may just have a tech that just doesn't hear what you hear. If they don't hear it they just ignore it. Call Lexus and see if you can elevate the problem. And tone down the attitude when you call them, you don't need to be attacking the 'SOB' service dept.

Contrary to popular belief Lexus does NOT have to fulfill your request to turn off the DRL's, even if they aren't required by law. Either talk to them and explain why you want them off and see if they can accomodate you. Or find a dealer who will turn them off for you.

Last edited by Evitzee; 02-14-07 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-14-07, 07:11 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your probelms

I think with rattles sometimes you get them fixed but other times you just have to live with them. I think they are expected to a certain extent.

My IS is whisper quiet but then again i'm coming from a really nosey Acura Integra so if my IS does have rattles I wouldnt even probably notice it.
Old 02-14-07, 07:29 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

i only attacked him in such a manner because he flat out lied to my face. when i provided him documentation that it is possible some 5 seconds after he lied to my face, he kept lieing.

the problem with the rattesl is i was able to reproduce them with a tech sitting in the car and he confirmed that they were there. then i pick up my car and they say they couldn't reproduce it or its a "characterstic if your car, as we couldn't reproduce it on another car". so if i have a rattle no one else has i'm screwed? thats insane

the worst is the speaker. all bass notes come out as if the driver was hitting a piece of plastic on ever throw, and it has supposedly been replaced once so it must be the housing imo
Old 02-14-07, 08:42 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uschardcor
i only attacked him in such a manner because he flat out lied to my face. when i provided him documentation that it is possible some 5 seconds after he lied to my face, he kept lieing.
I understand your frustration, but alluding to what an earlier poster said, a professional attitude when contacting corporate will convey the problem much better than screaming for somebody to get fired and calling people SOBs. Getting somebody fired won't fix your car.

But yeah, what's happening to you does suck.
Old 02-14-07, 08:57 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd take it to the other dealership despite the drive and see if they can take care of you.

Your experience sounds exactly like the one I had with my previous cars (infiniti) so I can identify with your situation. I made 340 mile round trips to the next closest dealer to avoid the one that was 10 minutes from my house. The other dealership couldn't fix my issues either but they at least made an effort. In the end, I bought a copy of the service manual and took care of the things I could on my own.

I know it's a b*tch to spend your free time on the road for these kinds of issues but it definitely doesn't seem like you're going to get any satisfaction going back. It's just a matter of how many times you're going to bang your head against the wall before you get the message.

When you get your service surveys, be honest but rip them where they deserve it. These surveys affect the bottom line for the dealerships from what I understand and that will get the management's attention very effectively.