IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How much did you pay for your IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 08:56 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly what I have. I'm pretty much living from paycheck to paycheck. I manage to pay all my bills (including my premium on insurance, with all my other bills, rent, etc.) with a little bit leftover. Man, I'm living on he edge. The new IS looks very nice and sporty. It was impulse that led me to the car. I figured for the next 6 years, I'll just keep making payments on it. The last 6 years went by pretty fast, hehe. Then I'll probably get another Lexus pending on how well the dealer treats me and service wise.
Old 02-11-07, 09:01 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow you are brave. I thought my payment of $322 was much. Coming from no car payment at all for 4 years.

What dealer did you get your car from?

Post pics of your new IS!!!!
Old 02-11-07, 09:05 PM
acsan
Driver

Good luck, man!
Old 02-11-07, 09:08 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I put $16,000 down. 5.65% APR for 5 years. Payment is $322 a month.

Planning on paying it off in 3 years.

yeah your payment is pretty steap. Its because you put zero down.
this is very encouraging!! I plan to put about $15 - $20k down and was hoping to be in the $400 / month range. I think I should be able to get around a 6.5% - 7% APR... i've got pretty good credit. So far, I had heard nothing but people saying they are paying $650+ for their loans and I was starting to worry that there was some catch to Lexus that caused their loans to be so much higher than I was calculating. Actually, Lexus' own site sets me at a $650 payment but when I go to bankrate.com and enter in the same info, I'm at $450????!!!!! go figure.

Anyway, as to the original poster - I think you're going to be over your head again! You said you learned your lesson not to get up-side-down again? Obviously not. why in the world are you leasing a Lexus if you only have "$500 in the bank"??? You're going to find yourself in the exact same position you were in this time. Too late now... but my suggestion would have been to get a car that is more within your means - save up for 3 years - THEN get the Lexus.

Unfortunately, this is the mentality of too many people here in America - gotta have a flashy car and rack up huge debt even if we can't afford it!

No offence - but you're talking as though you are actually PROUD of living so close to the edge of a financial disaster???? Not smart IMHO.

Last edited by RamshakleZ; 02-11-07 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-11-07, 09:08 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Dang, you guys are making me nervous lol. I feel I'm all right, as long as I'm working. If not, uh-oh!!!

I'll definitely post some better picts, but these are night shots since I haven't thought taking pictures of my car just yet. It's kind of bad, but I'll get some better day shots in here tomorrow:

These lights were not on by the way:

Old 02-11-07, 09:11 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I got mine at Longo too.

What was the MSRP sticker price of your car???
Old 02-11-07, 09:13 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

It was like $35,500 or close to that. They just made it $30,000 even for me.
Old 02-11-07, 09:16 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
It was like $35,500 or close to that. They just made it $30,000 even for me.
Cool.

You should come to the Lexus Presidents day meet next weekend. Check out the So Cal section at the regional forums.

Oh, and take out that front license plate!
Old 02-11-07, 09:18 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Are you sure it isn't illegal to have the front plates removed? I was in LA one time and my friend didn't have front plates on her Honda Civic. Woo, she was mad for getting a ticket. I'll check out that regional forums. I haven't really browsed around this forum yet....

Last edited by LexusIS-TL; 02-11-07 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-11-07, 09:23 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Man.....is it just me or is the OP just skating on the edge? If you can just barely afford the payment on a Lexus, I'll ask the obvious question. Why is this individual even considering a $30,000 automobile????? He should still be in a Corolla. Everybody can do their own thing, of course, but it doesn't always make a lot of sense. Ah, the power of advertising and 'image'. Oh well, we all make dubious decisions when we are young. Good luck.
Old 02-11-07, 09:24 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Oh, and take out that front license plate!
Dude! Don't make this guy get a fine!
Old 02-11-07, 09:26 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Man.....is it just me or is the OP just skating on the edge? If you can just barely afford the payment on a Lexus, I'll ask the obvious question. Why is this individual even considering a $30,000 automobile????? He should still be in a Corolla. Everybody can do their own thing, of course, but it doesn't always make a lot of sense. Ah, the power of advertising and 'image'. Oh well, we all make dubious decisions when we are young. Good luck.
Hey, I wish him the best, I really do, but I'm beginning to think his bank will be a member of Club Lexus sooner or later....
Old 02-11-07, 09:29 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Dude! Don't make this guy get a fine!
I havent had a plate on for 6 years in my Acura Integra.

And for the IS250 I told the dealer not to drill into the front plate when I picked up my car. The IS has a really sexy front end having a front plate takes away its looks.
Old 02-11-07, 09:31 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

You should see a guy I know, lol. He's only making $800 a month and he's financing a $320 Scion tC, hehe. Then again, he's living at home still . I'm all right. I'm not that tight on cash--just spend a lot. I just spent like $4,000 replacing carpet I ruined in the house. That set me back a lot. I'm just waiting to get paid again this upcoming Wednesday and I'm all right.

I just found out that meet is all the way in Buena Park. I'm over here in Chino Hills. It would probably be ok if it was on a Saturday or something but Sunday, I have quite a few things to do.

Last edited by LexusIS-TL; 02-11-07 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-11-07, 10:00 PM
Jblaze2
Pole Position

Whats done is done, no point in looking back now. Just enjoy the car, and live off noddles for a while

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your IS250?