IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

..... New membe!! pleas help me out!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 05:59 AM
Charlz209
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..... New membe!! pleas help me out!!

Hey, well i just sold my previous car AUDI A4 USP,

I/m now looking it to buying a new 2007 LEXUS IS 250. I have around 17k in the Bank. I can't decide either to buy or lease, i have read some Leasing programs on www.lexususa.com and there is something call 1Pay Lease, is a good deal to pay your lease all at once? Or buying and giving a good amount as a down payment is better deal. Im leaning more into leasing since I don't like how you spend so much money on a car and two years later the car cost almost half of what you paid.

Please help me out guys, has anyone use 1pay lease? if not how much are your monthly payment and for how long?

Hope you guys can help.
Old 02-11-07, 07:27 AM
Sarorn
Driver

Why rent a car to drive for two or three years when you can just make a down payment and eventually own what's yours?

I'm not a big fan of leasing...I like to own what I pay for. Sometimes the monthly payments of leasing are just as the same as financing. You should go to your local dealer and get them to run some figures for you before you consider leasing.
Old 02-11-07, 07:41 AM
JoesIS250
Driver

other factors must be considered such as how mnay miles you drive yearly then its not good to lease since you may have to pay for the miles over that limit and also another factor is how often do you change your car. ive often changed mines about 2 to 3 years so from now on i will most likely lease instead of purchase.
Old 02-11-07, 08:38 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Charlz209
Im leaning more into leasing since I don't like how you spend so much money on a car and two years later the car cost almost half of what you paid.
You are not avoiding this situation by leasing... you're just actively paying this depreciation as you go along. If the lease rate and finance rates are similar, you're basically in the exact same situation, since in both cases you are paying interest on the entire car then suffering its depreciation as you go along...

I know you're not asking for other advice, and this advice is worth the price you paid me, but if you only have 17K in the bank, and you don't have a trust fund waiting to mature, I'm not sure a 35K+ car is the best decision... But I don't know what stage of life you are in or anything, so I just hope you are clear about what you're doing.
Old 02-11-07, 09:01 AM
Charlz209
Driver School Candidate

thank you for your info,Well im 21 and i full time student i and own my own Internet business . I used to own the audi and when i decided i wanted a new car i lost so much money selling it (brand new $28k sold it for $17k, Thats why i was considering leasing, but it all depends. I don't drive more than 9,000 miles per year, so i guess thats a good thing if a decide to lease.

another thing, how much are you paying each more for financing and also for insurance?

... thanks
Old 02-11-07, 10:06 AM
ISblack350
Driver School Candidate

Finance if you can. Leasing is good if you change cars every 1 or 2 years max. They always find charges at the end of a lease that screw you. In addition, you usually have to get a higher form of auto insurance. All those costs add up. Also, once the lease is complete, you have no equity (trade-in) for another car. Even if your lease payment is $200 less and you saved it, thats nothing near to a trade-in.
Old 02-11-07, 10:23 AM
RXISF
Rookie

I would rather own, but I always pay off cars way in advance of the loan term. Another note on leases - if they find any damage when you return the car - even just a chip in the windshield, they can send you a bill for repairs.
You pay about the same to lease or buy - you still have negotiate the price. The Audi should not have dropped so drastically in price in 2 yrs, especially with the little amount of mileage you added to it. Maybe the purchase price was too high or the selling price too low?
Old 02-11-07, 10:42 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by is250asu
I would rather own, but I always pay off cars way in advance of the loan term. Another note on leases - if they find any damage when you return the car - even just a chip in the windshield, they can send you a bill for repairs.
You pay about the same to lease or buy - you still have negotiate the price. The Audi should not have dropped so drastically in price in 2 yrs, especially with the little amount of mileage you added to it. Maybe the purchase price was too high or the selling price too low?
It is not that out of line. I think his 28 probably was OTD, while residual value doesn't give you the sales tax back. A 2 year 15K lease on an A4 is something like 65% residual. 65% of 28 is 18.2. So his figure is probably not that far off, considering it is also the older body style now. I wouldn't have paid 17K for it, no matter what blue book says.

Last edited by sirkfc; 02-11-07 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-11-07, 10:46 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

How much do you want to put down?

I just got a new IS250 1.5 months ago.

Bought for 30186.. with tax 32700.. put 16k down.. my payments are 322 a month with 5.65 ARP.

PURCHASE!! Dont lease..

Just curious why did you sell your Audi? That car particular model is pretty sweet.