IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

new member here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 08:53 AM
nnh768
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member here!!!

Hello everyone, i actually joined about 2 weeks ago but never posted anything, i spent most of my time looking at mods in the DIY section. I am planning to buy a 2007 BSP IS250 AWD early next month. I'm planning on trading in my 05 Acura TSX which i love to death. My first mods i plan on doing are the red out tailights, clear bra, and SLI ipod interface.

I have some questions before i buy:

i noticed the BSP color dosen't have that much "pearl" in the paint, will it end up like the black color, showing alot of hairline scratches and swirls?

And does anyone in the northern va area have recommendations for a clear bra installation place? I was planning on taking it to Detail Authority, does anyone know how good this place is?

thanks,
Narin
Old 01-25-07, 08:58 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nnh768
Hello everyone, i actually joined about 2 weeks ago but never posted anything, i spent most of my time looking at mods in the DIY section. I am planning to buy a 2007 BSP IS250 AWD early next month. I'm planning on trading in my 05 Acura TSX which i love to death. My first mods i plan on doing are the red out tailights, clear bra, and SLI ipod interface.

I have some questions before i buy:

i noticed the BSP color dosen't have that much "pearl" in the paint, will it end up like the black color, showing alot of hairline scratches and swirls?

And does anyone in the northern va area have recommendations for a clear bra installation place? I was planning on taking it to Detail Authority, does anyone know how good this place is?

thanks,
Narin

I plan on going to Detail Authority too. They do good detailing work.
Old 01-25-07, 09:04 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice another NOVA member..i actually went to D.A. they are ok, not bad at all..make sure you check little stuff like every window and stuff.. where did u buy ur lex.
welcome aboard

edit: D.A. should be able to do a good job for clear bra..b4 u do it ask how thick is the bra..the 3M bra my dealership uses is 8mil and costs @ $750

Last edited by waynetech2; 01-25-07 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-25-07, 09:21 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the Club!

BSP is quite dark. It has a nice "pearl" shine to it, but it will have the same troubles as black: gets dirty more easily, and will show fine scratches and swirls (which can be easily detailed).

If you love this color, go for it. Just keep it clean and detailed often to maintain its look...
Old 01-25-07, 09:49 AM
Yuri
Rookie

Welcome!
Old 01-25-07, 03:42 PM
nnh768
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by waynetech2
Nice another NOVA member..i actually went to D.A. they are ok, not bad at all..make sure you check little stuff like every window and stuff.. where did u buy ur lex.
welcome aboard

edit: D.A. should be able to do a good job for clear bra..b4 u do it ask how thick is the bra..the 3M bra my dealership uses is 8mil and costs @ $750
750!! thats pretty steep, i was thinking in the 500 range. I didn't buy it yet, i plan on buying it from Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria, my parents bought a RX300 there before and we know the salesman.
Old 01-25-07, 04:11 PM
trdfm
Driver School Candidate

Default clear bra

Detail Authority did the clear bra install on my car. They prefer clearshield; if actually want the Xpel (3M) product, the cost is about double. Their tech is in Phoenix; they bring him in from Phoenix when they get an appointment at Herndon from what I understand.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.
Old 01-25-07, 04:19 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

congrats and welcome.
Old 01-25-07, 04:32 PM
sk72
Pole Position

Welcome to the club... advande congrats on your new IS250..
Old 01-25-07, 05:25 PM
nnh768
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trdfm
Detail Authority did the clear bra install on my car. They prefer clearshield; if actually want the Xpel (3M) product, the cost is about double. Their tech is in Phoenix; they bring him in from Phoenix when they get an appointment at Herndon from what I understand.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.
Wait, so they have to bring in a tech from Phoenix to install the Xpel or the clear bra in general?
Old 01-25-07, 08:38 PM
nnh768
Driver School Candidate

i was wondering since alot of you are in the nva area, how much are you paying for an 07 250 AWD w/navi, the dealer was giving me around 37k, is this a good price or could i get less?

thanks
Old 01-25-07, 09:21 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to CL!
Old 01-29-07, 09:06 AM
trdfm
Driver School Candidate

Default Deatil Authority Clear Bra

Wait, so they have to bring in a tech from Phoenix to install the Xpel or the clear bra in general?
Yes, at least that was the case when I had mine installed there, which was right after I got the car late last summer.
Old 01-29-07, 09:13 AM
trdfm
Driver School Candidate

Default Best advice

i was wondering since alot of you are in the nva area, how much are you paying for an 07 250 AWD w/navi, the dealer was giving me around 37k, is this a good price or could i get less?

thanks
My best advice would be to contact as many dealers as possible and get them to give you quotes for the car spec'd exactly how you want it. Then simply go with whoever gives you the best deal. I test drove the car at a NOVA dealer, but they wouldn't come down off the price, so I contacted every Lexus dealer in VA, MD, and NC and ended up saving several thousand dollars. If you're willing to drive a little to pick the car up, this works splendidly. My car was a special order and I didn't even visit the dealership until the day I took delivery (we did every think up to that point via fax, and my down payment was on a credit card).

I think you'll be able to beat the price any of the local dealers are offering if you do this.
Old 01-29-07, 09:27 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

Congrats, welcome!

Quick Reply: new member here!!!