IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

When will the IS-F be on dealership lots?.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-07, 06:02 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default When will the IS-F be on dealership lots?.......

I am in the market for a new car now and have no clue what to get, but this looks like I may give it some serious consideration. I currently own a 2005 S4 and dont know if I want to spend 70K on an RS4. I love my S4 but it is time for a change. That is why I am not so quick to pick up another one. I would like to test drive this IS-F. I think I am going to go to the dealership tomorrow and see what that deal is. Maybe I can put a deposit down and get one in 2-3 months.
Old 01-21-07, 06:08 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
Maybe I can put a deposit down and get one in 2-3 months.
I dont think so , more like 8-9 months.
Old 01-21-07, 08:35 PM
Soda
Pole Position

The car is supposed to launch in Dec...You won't be able to get your hands on one til that or after. The Tundra was ORIGINALLY supposed to be out in late Nov. but now they pushed it to Feb. So who really knows.
Old 01-21-07, 08:38 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I am in the market for a new car now and have no clue what to get, but this looks like I may give it some serious consideration. I currently own a 2005 S4 and dont know if I want to spend 70K on an RS4. I love my S4 but it is time for a change. That is why I am not so quick to pick up another one. I would like to test drive this IS-F. I think I am going to go to the dealership tomorrow and see what that deal is. Maybe I can put a deposit down and get one in 2-3 months.
Around this time next year. Jan 2008. Most Lexus dealers will only let you put a deposit down once the car is in production.
Old 01-21-07, 11:55 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

I hate how they always procrastinate the releasing of new vehicles. I guess I will head to the dealership tomorrow and see when and if I can put a deposit on one. I won't actually give them any money though until they have a list of options and pricing information.
Old 01-22-07, 12:35 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate how they always procrastinate the releasing of new vehicles. I guess I will head to the dealership tomorrow and see when and if I can put a deposit on one. I won't actually give them any money though until they have a list of options and pricing information.
sometimes it's good that they procrastinate, so you have a little bit of extra time to save up...
Old 01-22-07, 10:03 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

January 2008 is expected.
Old 01-22-07, 10:11 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Option information gets released sooner...

Aside from release date, Lexus should be giving out information on standard amenities and optional equipment a couple of months prior to release.

For a certain privilaged people, some can Special Order the car by October for arrival in January...
Old 01-23-07, 12:41 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Well this sucks. I am ready to buy a car now. I want the IS-F, but it looks as though I am going to be screwed due to timing. The only other option would be to buy some year old american POS at the auction and drive it for a year until I can get my hands on an IS-F. If I buy an american car through the auction they depreciate so much that I can buy one for 50% off of MSRP and probably sell it a year later for at least what I paid for it. This would be the only way I could get out of a car a year later without hemorrhaging my bank account.
Old 01-23-07, 04:34 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Well I spoke with the sales manager at my local dealership and he contacted the district manager to find out for me. They told me that the car was going to be IN DEALERSHIPS in July or August. They are accepting deposits, but options won't be able to be selected until April. At least that is the info they gave me. So I gave them a $1000 deposit to put my name on the list. Which I am the first one they say. I hope they aren't bull****ting me or I am going to be pissed.
Old 01-23-07, 04:43 PM
racinghart
Pole Position

Well I spoke with the sales manager at my local dealership and he contacted the district manager to find out for me. They told me that the car was going to be IN DEALERSHIPS in July or August. They are accepting deposits, but options won't be able to be selected until April. At least that is the info they gave me. So I gave them a $1000 deposit to put my name on the list. Which I am the first one they say. I hope they aren't bull****ting me or I am going to be pissed.
as long as you got official signed documentation you shoudl be okay.. but im sure the fine print says something like "we are still going to rip you an ******* one way or another" just in really tiny small print. =) jp... but man you make me want to start saving now myself! so its going to be what, 50k-ish?
Old 01-23-07, 04:43 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They told me that the car was going to be IN DEALERSHIPS in July or August.
That's funny.

The PRESIDENT OF TOYOTA MOTORS of AMERICA, JIM PRESS, said that it will be released January '08, during that IS'F's debut and press release...
Old 01-23-07, 04:51 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

They probably aren't BS'ing you are about being the first one on the list, but I'm afraid that they are BS'ing you about the date. I watched the press release webcast from the Detroit auto show a couple weeks back, where Lexus clearly said that the car would be hitting dealerships in about a year, which would be January 2008.